Youtuber got "swatted" in the middle of a stream

Monde

So this youtuber I watch named Kootra was just apprehended by a SWAT team in the middle of a stream of CS:GO in his office.

Also source: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/parents-warned-of-active-shooter-near-broadway-and-mineral

The video is being spread like wildfire despite the police's efforts to remove them.

Some jerk probably thought it'd be funny to call in a fake report...

EDIT: Some dude on twitter seemed to be claiming responsibility for the prank call. @ScrewPain

Various responses:

tumblr_nazee1Odq71shqdtzo1_500.png

tumblr_nazfbn7Ifq1r4rs4to1_500.png

My favourite

tumblr_nazaxeos0W1qzbw49o1_400.png

Edited by Monde

yeah is a fully armed swat team really necessary to send with no evidence? a terrorist threat is serious and all but maybe a bit of caution is in order.

Though some people have commented on not reading the rights - I think SWAT teams are exempt for having to do that for "serious threats"?

i don't get america sometimes.

Did he know they were coming? He seems extremely calm. "Oh no looks like we're getting swatted."

Lot of people are saying that this isn't the first incident like this on twitch or other live streaming site. Before the video took place he heard them outside the office room stating they were police to others. But yeah, he was extremely calm compared to how someone would react to a something like that.

yeah is a fully armed swat team really necessary to send with no evidence? a terrorist threat is serious and all but maybe a bit of caution is in order.

Though some people have commented on not reading the rights - I think SWAT teams are exempt for having to do that for "serious threats"?

i don't get america sometimes.

You only have to be mirandized before you are interrogated. Until that time they don't have to read your rights to you when arresting you.

Did he know they were coming? He seems extremely calm. "Oh no looks like we're getting swatted."

This is a growing prank. I have heard (I stress heard) that a kid was shot during one of these because the team member thought the Wiimote they were holding was a firearm.

Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to catch someone that pulls these pranks unless they are outrageously stupid.

You only have to be mirandized before you are interrogated. Until that time they don't have to read your rights to you when arresting you.

yeah i thought it was something like that

This is a growing prank. I have heard (I stress heard) that a kid was shot during one of these because the team member thought the Wiimote they were holding was a firearm.

Yeah, this actually happened.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-teen-holding-wii-remote-shot-cops-front-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842

Maybe I should mod my wiimote to be a firearm so I have some form of defense in case a cop mistakes my wiimote for a firearm.

EDIT-Wii Zapper OP.

Edited by SeverIan

I guess you could say he was TERRORIZED. But in all seriousness I find that to be extremely funny. Must have token some skill to set that up.

i am confused as to what you're implying. if you're implying it's fake, then you're wrong. and if you're just saying it was funny, maybe the next time you have an assault rifle pointed at you, you will disagree.

WTF

Seriously, WTF

The idiot that set the prank up NEEDS to go to jail. That's just terrible. This is not funny. Imagine if the streamer had had a panic attack or acted instinctively while the swat was there. He'd most likely be dead by now.

Edited by NOBODY

Like I don't know about you but I might react poorly if a bunch of screaming men came in with rifles

"don't you fucking move you here me boy" like is this really something that needs to be said while subduing someone

Edited by Fluorspar

i am confused as to what you're implying. if you're implying it's fake, then you're wrong. and if you're just saying it was funny, maybe the next time you have an assault rifle pointed at you, you will disagree.

It appears I have misinterpreted it. Yeah he should probably go to jail for that type of prank.

This being america, you can sue him for "emotional distress" and get a truly hilarious amount of money. (assuming you can find him).

Ah yes, the Counterstrike community being a bit fucked, w̴̄͐͒e̛̒̿̎ h̤͚̮̲̗̭̋ͫ͛ͦ͛ā͖̺͇̙ͪ̈͑̂̽v̱́̍̑e͉ͪͅ d͉͕̜̻̝̙ͯ͗̿͌ͦͪ̈́͜ͅị͓̲͖͙͢s̠̣͈̫̆̋̔͐ͯ̉̌m̡̞̯̺͈̫ͧͯ̏̿i͑̋s͚͎͔̮̣͛̌̽s̹̯̑ͮe̙̤̤ͤ͗̿ͣͮͦd̵̞̓ͭ̂͂ͣ̿̚ t̺̼ͪ̓͑̈̾͠͠h͕̻̤̹ͨͤͩ̉͐͗̀͌̕a̴̱̝͔͈͈͆ͯ̋̋́́ͣ̾̇t̤̫̤͎̞͙̘̜͋ͨ͑ c̷̴̭̣̥̻͍̲̲̜̳̲̪̫͉̒͊̒ͭ̽ͫ͌̌̒̂͆ͥ̎ͬ̄̆͒͟͡ͅl̸̸̷͔̤̯͓̖̤̺̭̲̤͈̭͇̰͊͊̽̊̉ͪ͊̌͋͆ͥͫ̊̀ͥ̂ͅa̛̼̳̪̰̱͒̿̎̄͆ͭ͌͐͜͢i̪̙͙͕͓̰͍͉̮͈̤̯̮̤ͦ̐̂̓ͦ́ͪ̿ͮ̃̇̿̈́̀͜͝m̨̮̻͍̱ͮ͋̅̿ͤ̓͒͡.̥̘͉͓̜͔̰̦͈̂̓ͣ͑͊ͩ́̚͟͡ͅ.̨̛͔̣̣͓̝͔͚͚͓̱̠̥̝̫̈ͦ͒̂̚̕ͅ.̨̧̡̪̼͚̮̖͈̰͇̹͐͂̋̓̆̄̌̓ͮ͌̾̊̃̑̊̈́́

Or a huge fine.

Screw fines, I vote for jail. Swatting is a waste of both the victim's time and the SWAT team's time, and that's only the tip of the things that are wrong with it.