[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

...Wow. Yeah, this was REALLY unnecessary. I'm surprised myself that Ridley didn't get in and I do agree Sakurai was too biased with Kid Icarus, but besides that, even WITH certain characters, this is the best roster Smash has had yet, imo, and I've done almost nothing but praise Sakurai lately for his choices. I idolize that guy now, pretty much.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, some of these Ridley fans don't appear to realize that Japan hates him and that's probably the only reason he isn't playable. Though then again, the west got Little Mac and Ike...

Oh yeah, Metroid doesn't do too well in Japan. They would have had no reason to cut Ike though, due to him being not a clone. (Although that didn't save the ICs or Mewtwo) Little Mac is just one of those characters that people were asking why he wasn't playable from the get go.

Edited by Shulk

Ike wasn't popular in Japan when he was added to Brawl though, is what I'm saying. His fans are mostly out west. The ICs were due to technical issues, so they're a special case.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike wasn't popular in Japan when he was added to Brawl though, is what I'm saying. His fans are mostly out west. The ICs were due to technical issues, so they're a special case.

Yeah, that is a good point. Him being added to Brawl was the surprising thing factoring in his Japanese popularity. Staying in my opinion is a different story though, in my opinion.

Yeah, that is a good point. Him being added to Brawl was the surprising thing factoring in his Japanese popularity. Staying in my opinion is a different story though, in my opinion.

Well, I'm just thankful that Ike was ever in at all, because I wouldn't be playing FE otherwise. Marth and Roy didn't appeal to me enough, and neither Chrom, Robin, or Lucina would have either. Sakurai knew an awesome character when he saw one. And then he could've replaced Ike with Chrom since Chrom can use Aether and junk. But he still saw Ike's awesomeness and uniqueness too great to take away. :awesome:

I thought the roster was lack luster, none of my picks were in, they cut my friends main so it will take a while for him to get on my level again, the brought the character I really didn't want to see, plus they seemed to have nerfed Marth, but them i remembered, we have goddamn Mega man, and Pacman, the killager, Selfinsert fanfic person, the wii fit trainer, DHD, in general we have amazing newcomers, we did lost some men and women and got some boring clones like Dark Pit, in fact I wish we got more clones to characters if they were cool, I mean if they changed speed, damage and such like Wolf instead of tippers and such like Lucina.

Edited by Deino

Also, some of these Ridley fans don't appear to realize that Japan hates him and that's probably the only reason he isn't playable. Though then again, the west got Little Mac and Ike...

Hate? I understand that Japan is mostly indifferent to Metroid, but I've never hear of hate for Ridley.

I think you are confusing "not fond of" with "hate."

Also, this is from one of my friends on Smashboards. He's a semi-prominent Youtube Smash person, and he got this from a subscriber:

Latest from my subscriber debunking the streams:

"Hmm. Interesting. Because according to what Sakurai said on Miiverse, the only "early copy" of the game is a demo of the 3DS version that Japanese players can download with only a few starting characters and the only stage being Battlefield. And since it's a demo, I highly doubt there were extra characters to unlock. Maybe one or two, but even then it would only be ones that have been confirmed on the website. And if there are actual early copies that Nintendo gave out, if they really don't want people to know of a possible leak, why would they hand out free early copies to people the don't trust who could potentially leak stuff? Better luck next time."

Roster gets 9/10 for me

I don't mind Dr. Mario as much as I did in Melee. Because 3 clones out of like 49 characters or so is MUCH better then 6 out of 25 (even though only two of them really bothered me). And since Mario has the FLUDD, that makes more difference between them.

I'll give SSB4 a 8/10.

Shulk and Lucina are huge, and Duck Hunt Dog is actually a great addition in my mind. Giving buffs to characters like Link and Bowser is also great, and the only newcomers I really dislike are Robin, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. I feel like the loss of the Ice Climbers may have been unavoidable due to programming issues, but I also think Wolf and Lucas didn't deserve to go. If a Star Fox rep had to be dropped, it should have been Falco even if he has been a veteran for longer. And Lucas might have taken more development time than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit combined but maybe we could've had him instead of Toon Link (ironic, since Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda). I'm not a fan of multiple versions of the exact same character getting their own slot, I'd prefer more clones instead of that as long as the clones were all their own characters. ZSS and Sheik get a pass due to starting as transformations, but they're the only exceptions. Also, for the same reason, Alph should've been a clone and Dr. Mario a costume, and the Mario Tornado should have been a custom move. Dark Pit is technically his own character, but he's still basically a palette swap of Pit and should have stayed as that, with the old moveset being custom moves for Pit and some other clone in Dark Pit's slot. And I would have liked someone like Hector or Lyn (or Micaiah if Sakurai wanted to go the mage route) over Robin. And I don't appreciate the fact that Golden Sun doesn't even have an assist trophy anymore. And, lastly, Mewtwo was the single most demanded character worldwide, so WTF on that Sakurai?

If the rumors of Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley (and Chorus Men, but I honestly don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them) being unlocked by linking up between the 3DS and Wii U games are true (and if you don't need the same ID on both games), then this rating will get bumped up to 9.5/10. Cut characters like Wolf and Lucas being DLC will add an additional .5 to the score (so it will get a perfect ten if the link-up rumor is true and we get Wolf and Lucas DLC). If we get Isaac DLC as a playable character, this game gets a ten right away. As a DLC Assist Trophy, he's worth about 1/2 a point on his own.

Edit: Also, if the rumors of every veteran being remade from scratch for these games was true, then I DEFINITELY think Mewtwo should have been given priority over Lucario.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I give it an 8/10 too. But really only because Lucina, Greninja, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit really sting it. I'd have given all three of them up for someone more unique. I just don't like clones and of course, I have a strong dislike for Lucina. I'm fine with everyone else that's there, really. Although I'm sorry for those people that don't like Wolf, Lucas, Snake, and the ICs being out.

Edited by Anacybele

I'll give it a 10/10. No Snake kinda hurts, but Shulk, Greninja, Mega Man, Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, and Palutena to name my favorite newbies feel so good. I'll get used to the dog, but the palette that resembles Banjo&Kazooie is awesome.

i feel like traditionally when you score things you work your way up from 0, but in this case i'm going to work my way down from 100% (20 point scale).

-1 for inclusion of bowser jr.

-1 for no snake

-.5 for lucario coming back

-.5 for sonic coming back

-.5 for bringing dr. mario back

-.5 for near 0 imagination with fire emblem characters/for nearly 100% of weapon-wielding characters still solely using swords

6/10, 7/10 w/out being bitter about snake

i don't get wtf they were thinking with bringing dr. mario back. i'm legitimately upset about that.

edit: just noticed dark pit was also his own character.

5.5/10, 6.5/10 w/out snake bias

for me, 5/10 isn't "poor," it's average. so, i'm not happy with this roster, nor am i exceedingly angry with it. mega man, dhd, and shulk are awesome inclusions and i'll have lots of fun with them. the fire emblem characters, though i think the choices are extremely unimaginative, will at least be interesting to use for a little bit.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

i feel like traditionally when you score things you work your way up from 0, but in this case i'm going to work my way down from 100% (20 point scale).

-1 for inclusion of bowser jr.

-1 for no snake

-.5 for lucario coming back

-.5 for sonic coming back

-.5 for bringing dr. mario back

-.5 for near 0 imagination with fire emblem characters/for nearly 100% of weapon-wielding characters still solely using swords

6/10, 7/10 w/out being bitter about snake

i don't get wtf they were thinking with bringing dr. mario back. i'm legitimately upset about that.

But Sonic is honestly the most worthy 3rd party character to be in multiple games. Dr.Mario probably was made at a point when they couldn't make any new characters left, but they still had time to make stuff before release. Also -1 for no Snake? Snake hasn't been on any Nintendo game (excluding Smash Bros) in ages. Him being a one time thing was basically inevitable.

Edited by Shulk

If the rumors of Mewtwo, Dixie, and Ridley (and Chorus Men, but I honestly don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them) being unlocked by linking up between the 3DS and Wii U games are true (and if you don't need the same ID on both games), then this rating will get bumped up to 9.5/10. Cut characters like Wolf and Lucas being DLC will add an additional .5 to the score (so it will get a perfect ten if the link-up rumor is true and we get Wolf and Lucas DLC). If we get Isaac DLC as a playable character, this game gets a ten right away. As a DLC Assist Trophy, he's worth about 1/2 a point on his own.

Edit: Also, if the rumors of every veteran being remade from scratch for these games was true, then I DEFINITELY think Mewtwo should have been given priority over Lucario.

Pretty much agree with this entirely, except I need Ice Climbers as well to give it a 10/10. Really, if the rumors of the extra four are back and we get important veterans as DLC (Ice Climbers, Wolf, Lucas, maybe Snake as a bonus), I'd consider to basically be a perfect roster. I mean, there are always more characters that could be added, but it would basically be better than I ever expected it could be.

Which means it probably won't happen.

But Sonic is honestly the most worthy 3rd party character to be in multiple games.

I've never played a Sonic game, but I agree. He has a lot of games on Nintendo consoles these days. It's almost as if he belonged to Nintendo rather than Sega.

Newcomers I like: Robin, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr., Rosalina

Newcomers I don't like: Lucina, Greninja

I'm neutral on everyone else. So I'm glad to see there are more newcomers I like than dislike. :)

Edited by Anacybele