[Spoilers]SSB4 Leaks Discussion

Pull My Devil Trigger

I actually like the removal of chain grabbing. It was the reason why I would rarely win against Ice Climbers and Falco (though I have gotten better against Falco recently). No point in Ice Climbers if they can't chain grab. Though I do admit using some form of it with Kirby in Brawl, except I would use an aerial between grabs so I'm not sure if that really counts as chain grabbing.

I was also wondering how could this thread be a leak discussion thread if a majority of it is about content from after the Japanese release. It doesn't seem to be anywhere near remotely about the leaks anymore and is more about already released content instead, so maybe the thread's title should be changed to fit that...?

Edited by Kiseki

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chain grabbing is being able to repeatedly grab and throw an opponent to where it's impossible for the opponent to ever escape, basically. Infinite wall grabbing is a form of chain grabbing that any character could to because it's throwing an opponent at a wall right next to you so you can grab them again right away and repeat.

not true

Also, I hope this hasn't been posted yet, but here's Gamexplain videos of Andre answering questions that youtubers asked him and him posting Final Destination versions of every stage (each and every stage has a Final Destination version, besides Final Destination itself):

Wow, some of those are pretty lame. I mean, I get that they're all FD stages and are thus all perfectly flat, but couldn't they try to make the backgrounds more interesting? Like on Rainbow Road, couldn't they have the platform fly around the racetrack like in the F-Zero stage?

Also, this might be just me, but if they're going to bring back so many stages from past Smash games, couldn't they bring at least one back from 64?

So All-Star mode no longer gives final smash trophies. Eh, that sucks, those things looked really nice. Looks like they went back to the Melee style for them, which I always thought was redundant.

Aw, so FS trophies don't exist anymore? That stinks. :(

Is there a video to all the new custom moves?

a) not all of them are known

b) there are like 612 moves total, and of those slightly over 400 are custom moves iirc

c) holy shit 400 custom moves

Yeah, you do.

To elaborate further. You get them in classic mode via slots or random pick ups in smash run.

I heard in smash run its easier to get your current characters customs.

Just today, I made fun of people who manage to break their circle pad with simply the demo of Smash. ...then I broke my R-button. >.>
No shielding for me, until I have the full version and can change the control scheme.
I already broke the L-button of my regular DS. The shoulder buttons don't seem to be very durable.

I had a fear that the Gameboy Kirby stage would suck because of autoscrolling and being so tiny. But hell yeah, FD-version.

Even with all the great music in the game, with songs like Id-purpose and Gerudo Valley, I'll probably enjoy it the most with 8-bit Kirby's Dreamland tracks.

Wow, some of those are pretty lame. I mean, I get that they're all FD stages and are thus all perfectly flat, but couldn't they try to make the backgrounds more interesting? Like on Rainbow Road, couldn't they have the platform fly around the racetrack like in the F-Zero stage?

I think we should be grateful for even getting FD-versions of all stages. That's an extra amount of work, that wouldn't have been necessary (since there is already Final Destination). It's a gift to all the competetive players.

No point in Ice Climbers if they can't chain grab.

Why are people reducing the Climbers to one single mechanic? They're one of my mains and I never even tried to learn how to chaingrab. They're still a great and fun character.

To elaborate further. You get them in classic mode via slots or random pick ups in smash run.

I heard in smash run its easier to get your current characters customs.

That makes sense. You find nothing but goodies in Smash Run for 5 minutes. Also, can people play Smash run online?

Just today, I made fun of people who manage to break their circle pad with simply the demo of Smash. ...then I broke my R-button. >.>

No shielding for me, until I have the full version and can change the control scheme.

I already broke the L-button of my regular DS. The shoulder buttons don't seem to be very durable.

I had a fear that the Gameboy Kirby stage would suck because of autoscrolling and being so tiny. But hell yeah, FD-version.

Even with all the great music in the game, with songs like Id-purpose and Gerudo Valley, I'll probably enjoy it the most with 8-bit Kirby's Dreamland tracks.

I think we should be grateful for even getting FD-versions of all stages. That's an extra amount of work, that wouldn't have been necessary (since there is already Final Destination). It's a gift to all the competetive players.

Why are people reducing the Climbers to one single mechanic? They're one of my mains and I never even tried to learn how to chaingrab. They're still a great and fun character.

While the gesture is nice. Competitive people don't only play on final destination. Its actually a stage skewed in some characters favor. As are all legal stages that's why there is usually a set.

While the gesture is nice. Competitive people don't only play on final destination. Its actually a stage skewed in some characters favor. As are all legal stages that's why there is usually a set.

I never said otherwise. Still, thanks for explaining.

It's not like Sakurai is really involved in the competetive scene. He rather designs the game to be played for fun, as a partygame. So I wouldn't expect him to know that.

After leaking the shit out of all the games, ruining his SSE and complaining and raging about every little minor detail, the competetive scene still gets acknowledged by Sakurai in such a way. I think that deserves respect. And instead, there's more complaining.

I was actually kinda sad when I saw the feature in the direct. He really sounded like "You're all missing out on the cool stages and music I've given you, because you restrict your choices, so here, let me give you more variety".

Sorry if I sounded condescending, but yeah I love both styles of play and what Sakurai does for everyone.

Nintendo seems to want to get on the graces of the competitive community. Both seem to be agreeing on the ruleset for them too which is a good sign

Sorry if I sounded condescending,

Not at all. Maybe I was a little too defensive myself.

Edit:

I've seen in the demo, that one of my biggest fears came true. Robins name in the character selection is "Daraen" in the german version. That's actually his name in italian, spanish and french in Awakening. He's still Robin in german. And they messed up in Smash.

I don't even know how to pronounce that.

Yup, going to play Smash in english only.

Edited by Nova

Wouldn't "Daraen" in German be the same as "Darän," which would in turn basically be "Darren?"

Well, pronouncing the "ae" as an "ä" would be correct in german. But the name is used in the romanic languages, not in german, so the pronounciation could be something completely different.

But either way I try to say that name, it always sounds awful.

Do you mean the english name Darren? It's still quite different.

I'll wait until the full version of the game and see how the announcer pronounces it. Though I'll stick with Robin anyway.

And I'm still pissed at how they changed Dedede's german name.

Edited by Nova