Do you know anybody who shares a birthday with a character?

Dragoncat

37 members have voted

1. 1. Well do you?

• yes
    • no

Not counting your avatar...everybody gives their avatar the same birthday they have, right? My Rene was born on April 11. Just like me.

EDIT- I just found out some people choose the next day so they can get boosts. That's fine too.

But yeah, self explanatory. Found out recently that a girl at work is birthday twins with Frederick. I just happened to have my 3ds with me that day...well lately I've been taking it EVERY day, but as I digress. Anyone know if spotpass characters were given birthdays or not?

Edited by Dragoncat

Anyone know if spotpass characters were given birthdays or not?

The "Spotpass Six" (Aversa, Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'fay, Emmeryn and Priam) do have a given birth date. Legendary Characters (Marth, Ike, Hector, etc) do not.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I share a birthday with Morgan. Makes for some interesting fic ideas since I also give my Avatar, Kelli, my birthday. Heh, heh.

My mom shares hers with Olivia. I have a friend that shares his with Frederick. That's all I know off the top of my head though.

Probably, but if so I'm not aware of it.

Not counting your avatar...everybody gives their avatar the same birthday they have, right?

Not I. I make mine be a day after I start the file, so I can use the free random boost whenever I feel like it. It's pretty helpful in Lunatic+.

It'd be interesting to know the actual chances of that... talk about rare! XD

Well, if we assume birth date is completely random (which it's not), the chance of two specific people being born on two specific days out of a regular 365 day year is (1/365)*(1/365). That's... 1/133225, or about a 0.0075% chance.

EDIT: That's if the birthday in question was ON Inigo's, which it is not. How close is "closest to"?

If we were to look at actual frequency of birthdays, though, we'd see that certain birthdays are more common than others. November birthdays are fairly frequent, for example. I may do more research into this later.

Edited by Rollertoaster

Well, if we assume birth date is completely random (which it's not), the chance of two specific people being born on two specific days out of a regular 365 day year is (1/365)*(1/365). That's... 1/133225, or about a 0.0075% chance.

EDIT: That's if the birthday in question was ON Inigo's, which it is not. How close is "closest to"?

If we were to look at actual frequency of birthdays, though, we'd see that certain birthdays are more common than others. November birthdays are fairly frequent, for example. I may do more research into this later.

However, the 49 (iirc) characters of FE13 have distinct birthdays (iirc), and most people probably know more people than just themselves, so the chance is substantially better that at least 1 person they know matches a birthday.

Yeah my brother was born in November. I think it's that way because...of Valentine's Day lol. Count 9 months from February and you get November...and we know how someone born in November's parents celebrated Valentine's Day. Course, this is just an assumption.

I share a birthday with Morgan. Makes for some interesting fic ideas since I also give my Avatar, Kelli, my birthday. Heh, heh.

Yeah it does! I was almost born on my dad's birthday, April 9.

Edited by Dragoncat

Not counting your avatar...everybody gives their avatar the same birthday they have, right?

No. I either do it random (FE 7) or the day I started a new playthrough to immediately get the boost+item (FE13)

No. My birthday is between Lucina and Morgan.

I started a new playthrough to immediately get the boost+item (FE13)

I'm always so cheeky to do this way.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I blame my insomnia for this. :P:

So, the two birthdays on either side of Inigo are Yen'Fay (July 23) and Basilio (August 13). Since my birthday is closest to Inigo's, it means that it's no earlier than July 31 and no later than August 10. Granted, it'll make calculating the odds slightly more complicated, but I don't have my birthday public for a reason.

Yeah it does! I was almost born on my dad's birthday, April 9.

Holy crap, so I was I! In fact, my mom's due date WAS my dad's birthday when she was pregnant with me. I came May 5th, my dad is May 12th. Week early. lol

But yeah, I already did write a script-form birthday special for Morgan and Kelli, where Frederick gives them both presents, haha. Frederick gave Morgan a new sword and he gave Kelli a one-of-a-kind bouquet of flowers and necklace. Freddy would NEVER forget May 5th in my stories because he's Freddy. Haha.

Then I did a second birthday special for Freddy himself, where he got a surprise party from the Shepherds. lol

I blame my insomnia for this. :P:

So, the two birthdays on either side of Inigo are Yen'Fay (July 23) and Basilio (August 13). Since my birthday is closest to Inigo's, it means that it's no earlier than July 31 and no later than August 10. Granted, it'll make calculating the odds slightly more complicated, but I don't have my birthday public for a reason.

Okay! That's inclusive, I assume? I'm at school right now, but I can probably dig up some records about birthday frequency when I get home in an hour or so. Aren't statistics fun, kids?

1. Yes, that's inclusive.

2. Now, let's throw one MORE variable into the mix. My father's birthday is closest to Gregor (that's the range between January 25 and February 2).

. . .somehow, I'm amused and disappointed that my parents, as FE characters, would've produced a failure of an Inigo.