FE Logic.

Dragoncat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this would mean that some tomes only have five pages. Which makes no sense. xP

In D&D, at least, more powerful spells take up more pages. It's not that more powerful spellbooks are thinner, just that more powerful spells are more complicated, and thus consume more pages.

GBA games only, but a horse can carry another horse, the horse's rider and gear, and its own rider and gear at the same time.

Similarly, Pair Up in Awakening lets Pegasus Knights bring others over water when it's implied they aren't carrying them.

I too noticed how Ephriam does crotch stabs...like what kind of crazy combat training did he get? That's not a vital area. It just feels like one.

Dussel must have taught him how to deal with berserkers.Or maybe it seems like a vital area to him.

I think the most ridiculous is that:

- You can marry someone just through 3 conversations (the 4th one is usually proposal)

- A unit carrying Pegasus/Horse/Wyvern+the rider

- Unachievable critical animation (for the GBA games, just look at Lyn or myrmidons)

- Supplies of ranged weapons, when you use it all it says "insert name" broke

• 4 weeks later...

How about the fact that Draco Shields, which are shields and should logically be held to increase defense, magically disappear/are absorbed into the body? The same thing applies to Seraph Robes.

Speaking of, I know it's a general video game thing, but has anyone noticed that HP is kind of a stupid idea? Combat experience (getting stabbed in vital organs) increases the amount of stabs to vital organs you can take.

Isn't the boot item called 'boots'? It doesn't explain the movement (especially on mounted units), but it at least means they come in a pair.

Mine is just that their magic is eventually depleted.

This is also what I believe: the books have magical energy or something else silly like that, and as you use the spells the energy leaves...or something else silly like that.

As for light magic, I imagined it dealing damage via intense light; so basically super sunburn.

The real question is dark magic: what even is it? Light is something, but darkness is literally not having light. So how, logically, does that deal damage? Of course, it's magic, and stupid to ask, but by gone it I shall!

Oh, also: How no one ever changes there clothes. Ever. Even when they're a different class. Do they just change back into their old clothes whenever they need to say something?

The real question is dark magic: what even is it? Light is something, but darkness is literally not having light. So how, logically, does that deal damage? Of course, it's magic, and stupid to ask, but by gone it I shall!

I picture it as maybe some kind of poison or something similar. Some kind of dangerous chemical that shrivels things up and drains their blood/life force.

How about the fact that Draco Shields, which are shields and should logically be held to increase defense, magically disappear/are absorbed into the body? The same thing applies to Seraph Robes.

Speaking of, I know it's a general video game thing, but has anyone noticed that HP is kind of a stupid idea? Combat experience (getting stabbed in vital organs) increases the amount of stabs to vital organs you can take.

Isn't the boot item called 'boots'? It doesn't explain the movement (especially on mounted units), but it at least means they come in a pair.

This is also what I believe: the books have magical energy or something else silly like that, and as you use the spells the energy leaves...or something else silly like that.

As for light magic, I imagined it dealing damage via intense light; so basically super sunburn.

Oh, also: How no one ever changes there clothes. Ever. Even when they're a different class. Do they just change back into their old clothes whenever they need to say something?

No, no, no, you just duct tape the shield to your body.

In the GBA games, mercenaries don't get hurt when thunder blasts them...as long as they turn their sword upside down. Same with flux.

Swordmasters in said games can fly through the enemy in a blur, get back without any moving whatsoever, and do it 3 more times before attacking their opponents. Either that or they're just throwing rocks really fast.

Assasins cannot hide, even though that's what they specialize in.

Hand axes are like boomerangs. (This was fixed in the DS games, don't know about PoR or RD)

Arrows fly through walls. I can sort of understand magic, but arrows?

"Unpromoted" horses can't climb mountains. It's easier with a horse!

Magic swords instead of throwing knives.

Literally nothing about combat makes sense about Fire Emblem as a direct simulation of mass combat. The numbers involved are, obviously, the main question mark.

Literally nothing about combat makes sense about Fire Emblem as a direct simulation of mass combat.

Sword goes in, gold comes out! Sword goes in, gold comes out! IN THIS PLACE, MEN BLEED GOLD! CUT THE JUGULAR! REAP THE SHINY HARVEST!

I imagine dark magic sucks the light and with it the life out of your body or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Sully's exposed thighs and shoulders are a problem. Nowi, Tharja, and Aversa should at least have some light armor on.

A troubadour, mounted by a tiny mage, has less move than a paladin, which is ridden by a fully armored knight.

This logic applies to a good amount of advanced classes. General's get more armor. Even the smallest additions to a promoted unit should at least take off one movement. I'm too lazy to list other examples.

A troubadour, mounted by a tiny mage, has less move than a paladin, which is ridden by a fully armored knight.

Horses bred for knights are much stronger and faster than common horses.

I noticed that absolutely nobody in Awakening wields the Ragnell correctly, even Priam himself. Even Olivia can hold the Ragnell in one hand, and she can throw it like throwing knives with Astra XD

Why give a troubadour a common horse? They need to be there fats to heal allies. Very important role.

A troubadour doesn't need to pull off a lance charge, and in most FE games troubadours are non-fighting noblewomen, the kind of horses they have would be bred for fashion, not function.