Another FFXV Trailer

Lord Raven

Holy shit, look at this.

As my friend so eloquently put it:

For the first time in final fantasy history, ride around in your whip and pick up all the bitties. All in the highest of definition lol

This game looks great.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Been a long time coming...." Yeah, been a bloody long time coming. Reminds me of StarCraft II's "Hell, it's about time" reveal. This game's been a mythic quantity for so long. But even though this trailer's a bit campy, at least it shows more than what most of the rehashed PS3 trailers did. Looks like it's rendered in real time -- the car in the beginning does at least. I think the faces are pretty damned incredible if it's not a target render. Is the girl Stella? Combat looks a bit slow/heavy, but that's not necessarily bad. Still have no idea what the hell it's about, though.

I think I'm a bit hyped for this game even though I should know better by now. I'll avoid the demo, but I'm going to keep a really close eye on this game if it ever advances beyond "in development". Apparently Nomura's is no longer directing it. Wonder how much that'll affect the end product -- other than letting it be released (hypothetically).

Edited by Wist

A lot of people are saying it's faith-restoring, which I think is absolutely the wrong thing to say and/or feel at this moment.

If anything, this is something to regather your interest, now it's time to follow that and hit home with something worthwhile to regain faith, this could come in the form of the new demo, perhaps, because a hands on experience will definitely settle whether this is going to be worthwhile or not. It's make or break 'till then.

A lot of people are saying it's faith-restoring, which I think is absolutely the wrong thing to say and/or feel at this moment.

Yeah. While the trailers look totally amazing, it's too early to say anything about the game. I still remember how awesome the Alien colonial marines trailer and demo were...only to be....deeply disappointed with the real game.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a Duke Nukem Forever having that said, because SE seems to be going all OCD about this and trying to make it the best possible game.

FF13 was a good game (imo at least this is a controversial opinion on the net though) but it was in development hell for so long and caused so much to change. It was irritating hearing about and reading about.

They have a car.

At first I thought "A car, that's not fantastic at all!"

But then I thought it was, like, semi-futuristic fantasy and then I fell in love with the idea, kinda. It's a love-hate relationship.

It looks shiny (although i'm not really going to judge it on that), gameplay looks cool, maybe, like, an updated FFXII even though I haven't played it so I have no idea if it's anything like that, and the characters look like pretty cool guys. I kinda like that you could (it seems) assist your friends who are downed, and you could go in a semi-realistic limping mode if you're too low on health. It seemed like a touch of realism, although maybe it might be intrusive on the game play.

I'm looking forward to it, probably.

Probably just alluding that the frog condition has returned.

And Faraam, apparently the car's a major component of traveling. Like the main starting area's an industrialized nation so there are roads, but gradually they disappear as you head into the countryside since the rest of the world is pre-industrial.

Probably just alluding that the frog condition has returned.

And Faraam, apparently the car's a major component of traveling. Like the main starting area's an industrialized nation so there are roads, but gradually they disappear as you head into the countryside since the rest of the world is pre-industrial.

well if thats why then frog status is op bad status condition because they were rotating around that frog for a few minutes and it didn't transform the whole time.

• 2 months later...

Eh, it'll do for now. I'd need to see more than a couple of sound bytes to know whether or not they got things like tone/emotion down pat.

Noctis sounds like he could talk the pants off of the average teenage girl. :P: