Roy > Roy

Randoman

Which Roy do you prefer?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Roy or Roy?

2. 2. Okay... which specific Roy do you prefer?

I'm not really a fan of either one, to be honest. I do like FE Roy's fiery sword and Roy Koopa's cool shades, but other than that, they're both meh. I think I have to give the edge to Roy Koopa though, because I like the games he's in, whereas I don't think I would like FE6. The game and Roy's personality just sound like a borefest.

Rumours don't say anything, if you haven't tried out this game.

FE6 isn't boring at all. It's not the best one for sure, because the are some issues in the game mechanics (always seize missions, axes and lances are heavily nerfed, Roy's promotion is way too late). However the story and the gameplay are fine. The difficulty is more challenging than in FE7 and 8. And you have to play this game at least twice to play all the maps.

I always thought FE13 would be a masterpiece with tons of new features till I found out that most of the new features (creating avatar, barracks) intodruced FE12 already. Now I don't play FE13 anymore...

It has the same gameplay as FE7 from what I heard. Except with harder chapters and worse growth rates. And I didn't really find FE7's gameplay all that amazing. I also look for story in an FE game btw. And I gave up on Shadow Dragon pretty quickly because of the sacrificing units thing.

There are some differences in FE6:

- reinforcements appear before enemy turn and will move in enemy turn like in FE13 in harder difficulties

- axes and lances have by far less accuracy compared to other FE games

- effective weapons like armorslayer and horseslayer are GOD in this game thanks great accuracy

- every chapter is a seize mission (you have to beat the boss on the throne)

FE6 is one of the hardest games in the series without being retarded to the point of getting bored with losingecept screw Chapter 14.

The plot is basically a FE1 ripoff, but Roy actually has his interesting points (ie intrest in magic). Plus, it introduced supports to further separate it from FE1.

In other words, FE6 is not boring if you're looking for gameplay.

I wouldn't say FE6 is one of the hardest games (at least on normal mode).

The weird RNG (at least for me) makes this game frustating in some points. Missing with high hit rates and getting hit with <=40% often happened in my first run. So I lost Alan in chapter 21, because he was hit with 24%.

However some recruitments and getting some special items are pretty challenging.

don't really care about Roy for or against, haven't played the other Roy's game(s)

I GUESS Roy has a slight edge

chalk another vote up for Roy Mustang; OP plz change poll

Edited by Euklyd