Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knife I might wanna smatch with you some tomorrow night, if you still happen to run Link

I need a greninja to practice against and know absolutely zero to do so. I don't think you'll be impressed by my mac but i think you'll at least be challenged

...Uh, I thought you said there were four of us NOW? Your room is already full and I can't join. :(

Also, I prefer Friendly Fire off...

Edited by Anacybele

Well, then even if it wasn't full, I guess I wouldn't play anyway, because I refuse to play a team match with FF on. I think it's stupid to have it on. Why would you want to be able to attack your own teammate? You'll just end up KOing them instead of your opponents. It happens ALL the time. >_<

But wow, what a disappointment. It's freaking 1AM here, it's not like I have all the time in the world to play right now. I wanted to come back earlier, but parents were watching a really long movie.

Edited by Anacybele

Which was a simple question asking why anyone wants FF on, that's all. I don't see what's funny at all about that.

EDIT: Yeah, WHY? That's what I'd like to know. I see no good reason for it.

Edited by Anacybele

@Ana: This is because without FF on, people would be able to abuse cheap strategies like double camping with projectiles (which can be almost impossible to counter without reflecties). Not saying anyone here would, but I also like to keep with official formats. Friendly fire is on at every 2 vs 2 tournament.

Also GGs everyone.

It's not only because completely safe projectile camping while the other player can just distract you from a distance without having to worry about being shot by you, but 2v1 matches while teammates can't hurt each other are just really unbalanced and unfair.

One teammate could literally just distract you while the other just continues to snipe you without having to worry about injuring their own teammate. It's also so both players can't just bumrush you in close range without having to worry about hitting their own teammate. With Team Attack on, this will be harder to pull off, and the 2v1 becomes more balanced and doable.

Like for instance, if I'm Link. All i would need to happen is for my teammate to distract you, while i pull off some crazy bomb, arrow, and rang support fire all at you while you're already having to dodge my teammate as well. Since Team Attack isn't on, my teammate wouldn't get hit at all by my projectiles, and then you would be in a really unfair situation, and I know you already hate projectiles in general; the effect would just be compounded at that point.

Here you go Ana

Edited by Knife

Oh, I asked this before and someone answered? Well, that WAS posted in 2014, so it's not surprising that I don't remember at all. But does all that really outweigh the risk of KOing your partner instead of your opponent and losing a match as a result?