Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

Oh, my apologies, Rando, I didn't mean to imply that you're bad at Mario Kart or anything! I meant that while you're good at MK8 (I mean, you maxed out your online score thing before the max number increased!), I think you're just amazing at Smash 3DS. I should've worded that better, ugh. >_<

But yes, those were fun matches! No, I didn't find you annoying or frustrating at all. Except in the ROB match, but that was my fault because I honestly don't know much about how to fight against him. It wasn't annoying though, just frustrating. xP

Ah, thanks, Rando. That really means a lot coming from such a good player and as nice a guy as you. :) But yeah, Ike's Close Combat (that was the Quick Draw custom I was using) is a pretty dang good wrecker, I discovered. It catches everyone off guard lol. Well, except me, since I use it so much that I can foresee a lot of other Ike players using it, and therefore I can be prepared for it.

I use custom Ikes because I feel his custom moves give him better options than his default ones. Paralyzing Counter gives him a chance to land a slower attack or combo with tilts or other moves. Close Combat I just talked about. Furious Eruption gives more range. Tempest can edge-guard really well. Aether Wave gives Ike a decent projectile.

Ah, that makes more sense. Though am I really that good at Smash Bros., especially when compared to other SF members? I know I'm very likely not PKL/PJSalt level good, but I'm interested in seeing how I rank among all the Smash Bros. players on SF that you've faced.

I noticed that you were kind of inexperienced facing R.O.B., specifically when I comboed you with forward air off the stage and you reacted to it quite late (though anyone would do the same thing to a tactic they're unfamiliar with). I don't know what to tell you regarding how to fight against R.O.B. effectively, since I'm the only proficient R.O.B. player I know of and I also don't have much experience fighting against strong R.O.B. players locally or online, since he's so uncommonly mained. The main thing I can tell you is R.O.B. really doesn't take kindly to being comboed and juggled, due to his big frame, floaty air physics, and his heavier-than-average weight making him easier to combo than most characters (and I know this as a R.O.B. mainer). Regarding specific strategies against R.O.B. with your mains, outranging R.O.B.'s melee range with Ike's sword (which combined with R.O.B.'s huge body, won't work in R.O.B.'s favour) and using Aether on a R.O.B. using Up B (R.O.B. can't air dodge after using his Up B) and using the Luigi Cyclone on R.O.B. (since Luigi Cyclone comboes and traps R.O.B. quite badly due to the attributes I mentioned) are your best bets in terms of setting up for juggles. Also, both of R.O.B.'s projectiles can't be spammed, so you're safe from his projectiles if they've both been used recently (well, unless the Gyro is still on the stage). I feel really weird helping you out in beating one of my mains...

You're welcome. Close Combat really suprised me at first with its range (it goes farther than Quick Draw and requires less charging, right?), speed, and how it goes through targets rather than stopping after hitting. I should probably familiarize myself more with everyone's custom specials. I'm just glad none of them have actually gotten me killed yet the first time I had them used on me.

I Paralyzing Counter seems pretty useless to me. It's a great idea but enemies are stunned for such a short amount of time, the only thing you have any chance of using is a jab combo, which given that a lot of characters can counter out of in this game, I'd rather just have the counter strike. I still have it on my custom Ike moveset for now as I want to see how much opportunities it gives me for using tilts but right now Paralyzing Counter doesn't seem that great.

I think it's all in how fast your fingers can input in the attacks properly after the stun, rather than it being useless. I have similar problems with taking advantage of opponents buried from Donkey Kong's headbutt, and keep doing a side tilt on them rather than a side smash. I think with fancy enough fingerwork, you could actually pull off a down smash with Ike after successfully doing paralyze counter.

Edited by Randoman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that makes more sense. Though am I really that good at Smash Bros., especially when compared to other SF members? I know I'm very likely not PKL/PJSalt level good, but I'm interested in seeing how I rank among all the Smash Bros. players on SF that you've faced.

I noticed that you were kind of inexperienced facing R.O.B., specifically when I comboed you with forward air off the stage and you reacted to it quite late (though anyone would do the same thing to a tactic they're unfamiliar with). I don't know what to tell you regarding how to fight against R.O.B. effectively, since I'm the only proficient R.O.B. player I know of and I also don't have much experience fighting against strong R.O.B. players locally or online, since he's so uncommonly mained. The main thing I can tell you is R.O.B. really doesn't take kindly to being comboed and juggled, due to his big frame, floaty air physics, and his heavier-than-average weight making him easier to combo than most characters (and I know this as a R.O.B. mainer). Regarding specific strategies against R.O.B. with your mains, outranging R.O.B.'s melee range with Ike's sword (which combined with R.O.B.'s huge body, won't work in R.O.B.'s favour) and using Aether on a R.O.B. using Up B (R.O.B. can't air dodge after using his Up B) and using the Luigi Cyclone on R.O.B. (since Luigi Cyclone comboes and traps R.O.B. quite badly due to the attributes I mentioned) are your best bets in terms of setting up for juggles. Also, both of R.O.B.'s projectiles can't be spammed, so you're safe from his projectiles if they've both been used recently (well, unless the Gyro is still on the stage). I feel really weird helping you out in beating one of my mains...

I'll say you are! It's true, you didn't beat me quite as badly as PJSalt/PKL did, but you still beat me by two stocks some of those matches. I'd rank you pretty high among SF Smashers, though a lot of us here are really good.

I figured that ROB's frame would make it easy to get a lot of hits with Aether and Luigi Cyclone, but that was really all I could figure out. :P But don't worry, I don't think I'll get good against ROB overnight or anything. But don't feel weird, I'm sure other people tell others how to combat their mains too. I'd give someone advice on fighting Luigi or Ike if I had to. I'm just being nice is all, just like you are!

Aaaah, I would, but I think dinner is about to be ready. And I'm starving. lol And I don't think I Smash as well on an empty stomach. :P

Ah okay then.

Yeah i won't be able to smash in about an hour because of internet loss >>; so that's why i asked

I was in that room with you and John a little while back. I was the Zelda and the Peach.

And yeah, np Kiseki!

lol, FD Rosalina only is the best way to play

Edited by theVOID

I think she picked that up from me. That's a habit I have with the boomerang.

I do apoligize for the team attack and Back Slashicide. That blast line tho.

OP? Time to whip out that Killing Edge from the supply convoy!

That teamwork was gold. Then you start to run me over.

You then proceeded to combo me into Moltres. Then you steal my last stock. Such teamwork...

Edited by Kiseki

So much Kirbycide and attempts. I need to aim that thing better.

Man, that push effect on Palutena's smashes.

And man we are so uncoordinated.

Edited by Kiseki