Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

Oh. I played a lot of Brawl. I'm surprised I never noticed. I also find that Farore's Wind is impossible to predict. Zelda disappears and can go in any direction. Same with Din's Fire. I guess another thing is that her specials are just always a pain in the ass for me.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to just play it safe with Zelda's annoying disappearing move, and as long as I defend, usually the opponent either gives up or messes up eventually so I can counter

Anyhow, I'll be free for a little more Smash in about 30 minutes, if anyone's interested~

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

Oh. I played a lot of Brawl. I'm surprised I never noticed. I also find that Farore's Wind is impossible to predict. Zelda disappears and can go in any direction. Same with Din's Fire. I guess another thing is that her specials are just always a pain in the ass for me.

Tap zelda's rectangle in the touch screen, then watch the wonders that occur

Highlight Zelda's icon on the lower screen. It'll surround her in a box and you'll always know where she is when she teleports ;o ninja'd

Also Farore's can easily be punished by shielding. Din's is cancelled by quite a few things. It's not too hard to smother it once you've got the timing down. Or you can just shield it. Spot dodging is viable too but that takes timing. If you're worried about Zelda catching you afterwards then chances are she's too close to be using Din's and you can just smack her first.

Edited by theVOID

oh wow dude, you're good! I might have to get serious, huehuehue

EDIT: oh man that was a terrible match-up, I'm shocked I won

Shulk's down-tilt doesn't even hit you, and I've got no projectiles to help deal with the OPnesscraziness that is Rosalina and Luma lol

EDIT: sorry, something came up, I gotta go. GGs

Edited by Trails in the Blaze

yup! I'll play you, Tsunami. I was actually just invading Elie's match, but...

Blzer, come on in! I was set for some 1v1 time with GoldenMarth and didn't announce it :(

Im totes free if you still are

Or Jave/Tsu!

Edited by Sara.

But...there's only one Smash Skype chat. :/

I'm in like three dedicated SF Smash Skype chats

and I know for a fact that at least one of them is literally months older than yours

please don't assume

EDIT: in fact the one I mentioned as being older happens to be larger as well

also while I still think there ought to be a central Skype chat, it wouldn't be workable at all since some people aren't interested in being in chats that aren't like

almost entirely people they know pretty well

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT2: the rooms I mentioned (one of which is in fact what John was referring to) are more like "smash chats for this group of friends" than general SF chats

which has been pointed out to me that it would be useful to clarify

sorry about any confusion

(also that's one of the reasons a massively huge chat would be cool imo but I digress)

Edited by Euklyd

Who was the first to say PJS = PKL?

no idea, but it is in fact the case

pedit: it was implied by Horace a while back

pkl is a scrub 16th seed

but iirc Refa was the first to state it explicitly

Yeah, he was actually on the localization team of SSB4 (you can spot several references to his online name, PKL, if you look hard enough); noone told you that? So he's been playing Smash 4 for like forever, man.

edit: for the record this was not an exhaustive search by any means

Edited by Euklyd

I see. So PKL is not PKLucas, but PKL is PKL who is also PJS, and PKLucas is PKLucas only - the person who posted their FC on the previous page? Ok I got it.

PKL = PJSalt = that Pretty Good FE player who does LTC and stuff, also: Smash

EDIT: also = Sheikant, which is how he appears on the tournament bracket

PKLucas = that guy who hangs out in the HHH thread and is Pretty Cool but not exactly visible

Edited by Euklyd