Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

It must be annoying to you to bring this up again, but how about that practice thing I mentioned about 10 (more or less) pages back?

I'm DEFINITELY not at PKL / PJSalt level, and I've only beaten Dusk about once or twice, so I think now would be a good opportunity to start some practice! And especially good with someone who's about your playstyle. I mean, you HAVE beaten me before!

I...don't remember beating you except in team matches by accident. o.O The only players here that I've beaten are Comet and Dai.

But remember, I said that the kind of practice you offered isn't really what I'm looking for. I appreciate the offer though.

EDIT: Oh wait, I did beat Jotari once or twice too, I think.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone up for some 1 v 1?

just opened up a room as i saw this post. sure

someone called alan showed up, dunno if it's you or not

Edited by Cornet

Yeah, but it doesn't seem possible to know why I get hit when button/input lag exists...

Thanks, but you wouldn't enjoy it. If you can beat Dusk who I can't do a thing against, then you playing me would be little different from you going into training mode and leaving the CPU set to do no action. xP

You should wait until I'm better, if that ever happens.

Lag happens to everyone sadly :/ But at least it's not as prevalent here as in Brawl.

And don't say that; I play with everyone and still have fun ^_^

and I wouldn't mind helping you get better; It would be like how Greil trains Ike in the prologue of PoR~ ifyoureallyarenotasgoodasyousayyouareanyway

I'm DEFINITELY not at PKL / PJSalt level, and I've only beaten Dusk about once or twice, so I think now would be a good opportunity to start some practice! And especially good with someone who's about your playstyle. I mean, you HAVE beaten me before!

I wanna spar with you too, if you don't mind. ^^;

Didn't you beat sensei?

then you'll have no fun playing with me

Oh come on; don't be like that.

Just ask Weegee and Cornet; i'm sure they have plenty of fun Smashing with me too~

Besides, everyone has different playstyles; it's not impossible to learn something new from someone with different skill levels.

Edited by John the Tactician

GGs Carter, those were some fun matches!

Agreed! Your Zelda is THE best Zelda I've ever played against! I have yet to play other Zelda mains here (I think Raven, RFoF), but your Zelda is insane! I have much to learn to better my Zelda.

I'm so glad Ness recovery is actually usable now xD. Being able to use it twice in a row makes me feel so much safer.

Agreed! Your Zelda is THE best Zelda I've ever played against! I have yet to play other Zelda mains here (I think Raven, RFoF), but your Zelda is insane! I have much to learn to better my Zelda.

I'm so glad Ness recovery is actually usable now xD. Being able to use it twice in a row makes me feel so much safer.

What you can use Ness's up B twice now? :O

and I can somewhat play Zelda; I used her all the time in Project M.

it's not that I don't have fun, I don't mind losing

but I bet others don't have much fun playing me because they win every time without challenge

Well i'm not like that.

Kinda... I'm really bad at explaining but I can show you in a match later today / tomorrow.

It requires timing, but tbh it's pretty easy to use.

When you first said it, I presumed you meant aiming Ness at a wall, causing him to bounce off. Doing that allows him to use PK Thunder again. But the way you worded it suggests otherwise

Ugh, I think I'm going to drop Robin. I just can't seem to play him at all. I don't get why he's ranked high on the tier list already either. His sword range is terrible if he isn't using the Levin Sword and his magic is so slow. In fact, Robin is just slow and weak in general, I find. He just feels unusable.

And yes, I've been using him a lot lately.

Now Toon Link, I can keep. I never had much trouble using him. Duck Hunt Dog, I haven't really messed with much. I should if I'm giving up on Robin.

Edited by Anacybele

When you first said it, I presumed you meant aiming Ness at a wall, causing him to bounce off. Doing that allows him to use PK Thunder again.

Yeah, like that. I'm really terrible at explaining.

It's good that you understood what I meant. Was he able to do that in the past games? If so, I feel like a total idiot. I've been using him for so long, and not knowing that xD.

Yeah, like that. I'm really terrible at explaining.

It's good that you understood what I meant. Was he able to do that in the past games? If so, I feel like a total idiot. I've been using him for so long, and not knowing that xD.

I don't think he could, no. It does aid his recovery a lot though!

Ugh, I think I'm going to drop Robin. I just can't seem to play him at all. I don't get why he's ranked high on the tier list already either. His sword range is terrible if he isn't using the Levin Sword and his magic is so slow. In fact, Robin is just slow and weak in general, I find. He just feels unusable.

And yes, I've been using him a lot lately.

Now Toon Link, I can keep. I never had much trouble using him. Duck Hunt Dog, I haven't really messed with much. I should if I'm giving up on Robin.

If you want, I can show you how I use my Robin. See if you change your mind, or something. She isn't fantastic in my hands, though

I just added you

let's go

Heh i would play right now, but i'm at work :P not that that's stopped me before, but my boss is still in the office haha

Kinda... I'm really bad at explaining but I can show you in a match later today / tomorrow.

It requires timing, but tbh it's pretty easy to use.

Heh okay then, I'll be looking forward to it! ^_^

Robin is definitely a character that is hard to use, but he/she can be great. Their tilts are fast, and the jabs are as well. Arcfire and the lower rank Thunders are still fast enough and cover ground a little bit, and Nosferatu can turn a match around if you need to recover some damage; I believe the healing becomes stronger the more damage you have.

Also, have we played before Raven?

I have a Raven on my friend list, but idk if it's you ^^;

Edited by John the Tactician

If you want, I can show you how I use my Robin. See if you change your mind, or something. She isn't fantastic in my hands, though

But wouldn't I be playing him exactly the same as you then? I don't really want to copy someone else...

Robin is definitely a character that is hard to use, but he/she can be great. Their tilts are fast, and the jabs are as well. Arcfire and the lower rank Thunders are still fast enough and cover ground a little bit, and Nosferatu can turn a match around if you need to recover some damage; I believe the healing becomes stronger the more damage you have.

I can't seem to find an opportunity to land Nosferatu though. Or maybe Robin just has a severe disadvantage against Yoshi. Because I was playing against one and could defeat it with Ike and Luigi (although it was harder with Luigi because I lost once or twice with him before finally winning), but could hardly do a thing using Robin. Had a very close match using Toon Link, but lost.

Edited by Anacybele

But wouldn't I be playing him exactly the same as you then? I don't really want to copy someone else...

I can't seem to find an opportunity to land Nosferatu though. Or maybe Robin just has a severe disadvantage against Yoshi. Because I was playing against one and could defeat it with Ike and Luigi (although it was harder with Luigi because I lost once or twice with him before finally winning), but could hardly do a thing using Robin. Had a very close match using Toon Link, but lost.

I wouldn't really say it would be copying someone else, as you could just take what tactics he uses and then merge it with your own to improve your own fighting style.

Nosferatu is quite hard to land yes. What you could do is just wait until they are within grab range, and then use it then, as it's slightly larger than their grab range. I'm not so sure about character matchups, but it could also just be that you've never faced Yoshi with Robin before, or that certain person is just very experienced fighting Robins. It could be a lot of things.

John pretty much said what I was going to say

Nosferatu is pretty good if you predict a roll correctly. I wouldn't really use it unless your percentage is high, anyway

Ah, that's one way to look at it, I suppose.

True, that was the first time I faced a Yoshi using Robin. And some people will be more experienced against some characters than others. Like I'm used to fighting Marth because I liked doing Ike vs Marth matches in Brawl. lol So you're right. I hadn't thought of it like this. So I guess it's too soon to drop Robin. I'll have to see how I do with him against a bunch of people.

And yeah, I was trying to use Nosferatu when the damage was high.