Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stages love me. They do the work for me, whether it's kidnapping Luigis or giving me invincibility while everyone else gets nothing I can count on them <3

You weren't kidding when you said the stage works for you. I saw a shield that healed damage earlier, so I brought my Killing Edge.

How does one simply killsteal from the Yellow Devil?

Edited by Kiseki

How the heck did Robin survive Doc's fully charged fsmash even though he took the hit at 150 percent near a blast zone????? Maybe these stages love me too much.

GGs! Fun matches as usual everyone!

Edited by theVOID

Ok. I've added you.

Okay, me too. But unless we can get two more people, it'll just be the two of us :/

on second thought, we can play tomorrow.

I'm starting to get quite tired now ^^;

Edited by John the Tactician

I had some matches with Rando. He's a lot better at this game than he is at Mario Kart 8. o.o

I did manage to beat his Fox with my Ike though! I think I'm FINALLY starting to click with him again! I pulled off some nice combos with Paralyzing Counter and his tilts. I AM finding that his tilts are more effective than his smashes.

I was going to drop Ike because I just couldn't get any jist with him, but I changed my mind because there's just no one else I'd rather main besides Luigi. And I tried out every character. Plus, I guess my love for the guy is just that strong. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I had some matches with Rando. He's a lot better at this game than he is at Mario Kart 8. o.o

I did manage to beat his Fox with my Ike though! I think I'm FINALLY starting to click with him again! I pulled off some nice combos with Paralyzing Counter and his tilts. I AM finding that his tilts are more effective than his smashes.

I was going to drop Ike because I just couldn't get any jist with him, but I changed my mind because there's just no one else I'd rather main besides Luigi. And I tried out every character. Plus, I guess my love for the guy is just that strong. lol

I'm not sure how to feel about your "lot better at this game than he is at Mario Kart 8" comment. Then again, I did play against tournament level players regularly with Smash Bros. in university while I've never played against any tournament level player Mario Kart players (though that's likely because the latter isn't as common). So out of curiousity, were there any characters I used against you that you found particularly harder than the others I used?

Those were some really fun and awesome matches Anacybele, kingddd, and... I can't remember the last person (but he used mostly Marth and Lucina). I hope you didn't find me too frustrating, cheap, or annoying to fight against. I usually always avoid staying out of the fray for more than 5 seconds and I make it a rule to never repeat a character twice in an online session (though maybe I should change that rule so repeats are okay after 5-8 different characters...).

And since you felt rather bad about your SSB4 skills Ana, I'm telling you you shouldn't be. I know I won quite a few of those 1 on 1's, but your skills were solid and you really know how to pressure your opponents and leave them little breathing room. I kept having to dodge your Quick Draws and hope I did it in time.

I actually didn't use custom characters at all and just stuck with the default configurations for everyone. I would use them, but the default specials I usually find to be the most balanced and equal in terms of damage, speed, etc. As for equipment, I've noticed that even with all positive boosts, any stat that isn't the highest gets lowered. Like if I have Yoshi with +23 Attack, +26 Defense, and +13 speed, speed gets lowered despite being a positive value, simply because it's not as high as attack or defense.

Oh, my apologies, Rando, I didn't mean to imply that you're bad at Mario Kart or anything! I meant that while you're good at MK8 (I mean, you maxed out your online score thing before the max number increased!), I think you're just amazing at Smash 3DS. I should've worded that better, ugh. >_<

But yes, those were fun matches! No, I didn't find you annoying or frustrating at all. Except in the ROB match, but that was my fault because I honestly don't know much about how to fight against him. It wasn't annoying though, just frustrating. xP

Ah, thanks, Rando. That really means a lot coming from such a good player and as nice a guy as you. :) But yeah, Ike's Close Combat (that was the Quick Draw custom I was using) is a pretty dang good wrecker, I discovered. It catches everyone off guard lol. Well, except me, since I use it so much that I can foresee a lot of other Ike players using it, and therefore I can be prepared for it.

I use custom Ikes because I feel his custom moves give him better options than his default ones. Paralyzing Counter gives him a chance to land a slower attack or combo with tilts or other moves. Close Combat I just talked about. Furious Eruption gives more range. Tempest can edge-guard really well. Aether Wave gives Ike a decent projectile.

I Paralyzing Counter seems pretty useless to me. It's a great idea but enemies are stunned for such a short amount of time, the only thing you have any chance of using is a jab combo, which given that a lot of characters can counter out of in this game, I'd rather just have the counter strike. I still have it on my custom Ike moveset for now as I want to see how much opportunities it gives me for using tilts but right now Paralyzing Counter doesn't seem that great.

But I just said I got in plenty of tilts after using it. I've used other moves too besides Ike's jab, like Aether and down smash. Short hopping into an n-air probably works too. Imo, Paralyzing Counter opens up a lot of options.