Mythology in FE: What do you want to see?

Dragoncat

Here's the thing.

If you can decscribe four different cultures in one three-line paragraph, there's a problem.

No it's not a problem, it's me not wanting to make a big wall of text. I'm condensing it. Like you said, there's likely a lot more...

No it's not a problem, it's me not wanting to make a big wall of text. I'm condensing it. Like you said, there's likely a lot more...

Okay, then tell me something about a country of your choice's culture. Let's say five things.

...Yeah. I suppose they could go a lot farther with it for more realism. I see your point now. But really, can you think of a fictional world with cultures as defined and fleshed out as the real world? Would be kinda hard. When producing fiction, you only tend to include the most important aspects of a culture, some cases you'll have minor little things, but most of the time you can't write more than a paragraph or two about it, if even that.

I don't think I will do that. Knowing my luck, I might accidentally say something offensive to people of that country.

...Yeah. I suppose they could go a lot farther with it for more realism. I see your point now. But really, can you think of a fictional world with cultures as defined and fleshed out as the real world? Would be kinda hard. When producing fiction, you only tend to include the most important aspects of a culture, some cases you'll have minor little things, but most of the time you can't write more than a paragraph or two about it, if even that.

I don't think I will do that. Knowing my luck, I might accidentally say something offensive to people of that country.

MASS EFFECT.

There's three games, and each game has a codex (basically an encyclopedia on the world), not to mention the main galaxy map has information on every single planet you can select. And when I saw every one, I mean every one.

No... no there really is. All of that information you told is information the game provides at face, the only thing you're missing are little things you have to search for, which will add... what, another line?

This would one thing if it was... you know, a Tomodachi Life island or an Animal Crossing town, but these are six entire countries, six different cultures and we can produce... what, a line of information on them each? That's my problem here.

Edited by Vashiane

I think we know more about Sacae than other cultures, but it's still only a sentence or two. They're sexist, lean towards long green hair and usually are nomads...of the nomad class. And stuff. Oh, and in Elibe they specialize in 'eastern sword techniques,' or being a Myrmidon, if memory serves.

Okay, then tell me something about a country of your choice's culture. Let's say five things.

Ooh ooh! I choose Germany! I'm going to put that class to use!

1. Snap or knock instead of clapping.

2. Drink a lot of beer from a young age.

3. Despite 2, they as a culture disapprove of being drunk.

4. OKTOBERFEST!!! Which began as a wedding celebration for two royal people whose names I don't care to remember.

5. Use more butter and less sugar in their baked goods.

While I'm not the bigger fan of Shakespeare, a character like Mercutio would be pretty sweet.

Balthazar. (Although IIRC that's actually one of the names of the three magi originally, it pops up in Shakespeare and is a very cool name IMO.)

While I'm not the bigger fan of Shakespeare, a character like Mercutio would be pretty sweet.

My kingdom for a Tybalt!

We had a Titania. I want an Oberon.

Yeah same. Has there been a Tiberius yet? I cant remember...We need more Hal.

Balthazar. (Although IIRC that's actually one of the names of the three magi originally, it pops up in Shakespeare and is a very cool name IMO.)

Yeah the Magi. Gaspar and Melchior too. But these names pop up so much in video games, its almost a cliche lel.

My kingdom for a Tybalt!

Yeah same. Has there been a Tiberius yet? I cant remember...We need more Hal.

Yeah the Magi. Gaspar and Melchior too. But these names pop up so much in video games, its almost a cliche lel.

Chrono Trigger is the only example that springs to my mind? Where else have they been used? They are pretty kick ass names.

Ooh ooh! I choose Germany! I'm going to put that class to use!

1. Snap or knock instead of clapping.

2. Drink a lot of beer from a young age.

3. Despite 2, they as a culture disapprove of being drunk.

4. OKTOBERFEST!!! Which began as a wedding celebration for two royal people whose names I don't care to remember.

5. Use more butter and less sugar in their baked goods.

1. Whaaaaaat? In which context?

2. In some cases.

3. Kinda.

4. Cheating! Three points are about drinking!

5. And that's the reason why our baked goods are superior.

But I actually meant a FE13 country. XD

Edited by General Asthar

MASS EFFECT.

There's three games, and each game has a codex (basically an encyclopedia on the world), not to mention the main galaxy map has information on every single planet you can select. And when I saw every one, I mean every one.

But how long is the information? I'm willing to bet it's not more than a paragraph or two.

Also in regards to Germany and drinking: in Mexico you can legally order alcohol if you're tall enough to see over the bar table...like you can be an extremely tall 5 year old and they'll still sell you a beer.

But off topic comment was off topic on my part xD

1. Whaaaaaat? In which context?

2. In some cases.

3. Kinda.

4. Cheating! Three points are about drinking!

5. And that's the reason why our baked goods are superior.

But I actually meant a FE13 country. XD

A congratulatory context, I was told.

I haven't taken the class for very long, okay?

Fair enough, I would like to try some German cake sometimes. You know, funny fact, German Chocolate Cake is named for a rand of chocolate used in the original cake.

Also in regards to Germany and drinking: in Mexico you can legally order alcohol if you're tall enough to see over the bar table...like you can be an extremely tall 5 year old and they'll still sell you a beer.

Are there any regulations on table height?

Hm, the only occasion where I would knock (on a table) is in a seminar in uni when the course is over.

Well, we do have our share of sweet cakes as well, but not as many. I mean, I've been to America once and I found the cakes almost inedible. Sugar shock! We don't have "German Chocolate Cake" here. The first time I heard about it was on the internet.

But how long is the information? I'm willing to bet it's not more than a paragraph or two.

I wouldn't start laying down my money then.

285800-mass-effect-3-datapad-codex.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

mzl.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hrm never thought about the lore/story of the FE nations like that before. Vashiane brings up some good points since they could quite literally give the world of FE a much grander scale in terms of how rich in detail the world can really be.

Hm, the only occasion where I would knock (on a table) is in a seminar in uni when the course is over.

Well, we do have our share of sweet cakes as well, but not as many. I mean, I've been to America once and I found the cakes almost inedible. Sugar shock! We don't have "German Chocolate Cake" here. The first time I heard about it was on the internet.

I see.

I can understand that, and I must agree, we put way to much sugar in our cakes. Yeah, that makes sense, as it is an American cake, the chocolate used was just made by someone named German, leading to the name.