Why do you think all pegasus knights are female?

Dragoncat

Pegasi seem to only accept female riders, but why? One theory I've heard is that they're not as physically strong as wyverns, and women tend to be smaller and less bulky than men. The same person who came up with it actually had a male pegasus knight OC who was small and scrawny....so...can this happen do you think? Is this a cultural thing or is there a legit reason?

Because IS thought Pegasus = Unicorn. And then they probably just said "fuck it, female only class so that we can add more scantily clad women".

All male enemy pegasi in FE3.

Also the mythological pegasus was riden by a male.

I'm aware of that greek myth...but do you have a source/sprite for that? I'd like to see what it looks like.

There's a support that states in fe7, that Pegasi only feel comfortable around female [humans].

*reads it* Lol at the ooga booga fire dancing...I'd love to see what Lyn would say if she heard that.

It's a brief mention. One line...I guess pegasi are a bit sexist as a species?

I'm aware of that greek myth...but do you have a source/sprite for that? I'd like to see what it looks like.

MalePegasusKnight.jpg

It isn't explicit, but they seem to be male.

Edited by Tryhard

It doesn't seem fair to me that only females get to be pegasus knights. We do have female wyvern riders, so I don't know why there can't be male pegasus knights, etc. Aside from what's been said so far in terms of theories, all I can say is...Triangle Attack. :)

In regards to the myth, it actually makes a bit of sense, if I remember it completely correctly. The male rider, Bellerophon, almost got Pegasus killed, so if Pegasus is like a lot of animals, he(?) would be wary of people bearing a resemblance to Bellerophon, i.e. men.

In regards to gameplay, probably because they wanted to give female units a unique class since males had warrior and, later, berserker.

In regards to FE3, it's kind of funny to think about Michalis riding a pegasus before he promoted.

They just start on Wyverns. The history of Macedons has them taming the Wyverns that rsided in the mountains. No Pegasi intermediate stage.

Then why are they so many Pegasus Knights who hail from Macedon (and generic ones that you fight)?

Pretty sure some of Minerva's supports w/the Pegasus sisters in FE12 outline that she was the one that kept the Whitewing segment in existance, since most knights just went with Wyverns at that point or something. She has some stuff about how she used to be a Pegasus Knight too.

So they're clearly just different orders.

Then why are they so many Pegasus Knights who hail from Macedon (and generic ones that you fight)?

What I'm saying is that Wyvern RIders aren't necessarily former Pegasus Knights and the lore suggests that most of them start out as Wyvern Riders. Doesn't mean that Pegasus Knights don't exist in Macedon.

pegasi don't like the feeling of balls on their backs

Not to mention it would be very uncomfortable for the male rider's balls. I think wyverns have some kind of ledge in their back for that kind of issue

You guys are hilarious. Why did I know that would come up...

In regards to the myth, it actually makes a bit of sense, if I remember it completely correctly. The male rider, Bellerophon, almost got Pegasus killed, so if Pegasus is like a lot of animals, he(?) would be wary of people bearing a resemblance to Bellerophon, i.e. men.

But didn't a guy named Perseus have the pegasus? Unless this happened afterward...

Pegasus was actually sired by Poseidon, though he wasn't birthed until Perseus chopped Medusa's head off. I think I read that Perseus might have ridden him at least once, but that was only in one of the renditions of his tale. Either way it was Bellerophon who tamed and owned Pegasus for sure.

As for no male Pegasus Knights, I guess men aren't mainly enough to ride them~