Characters You Never Really Use

Gaius

Virion and Tharja (As soon as she offers me her precious noire) are benched in every single file I have. Also, I cannot use spotpass characters like Emmeryn, Gangrel or others anymore because my game keeps telling me that there's no new map.

and refuses to let me dowload them again. Horray?

Note: In the Prologue of Normal/Cas, you're forced to use either Chrom, Avatar or Frederick to win. When you've got only three units, having one who can't really afford to not help out in a higher difficulty isn't silly, it's to be expected. And with proper play, Fred actually sees the least use of any of your starting units- he gets two Myrmidon kills (and a Mage kill if you've got bad luck) and in vanilla Lunatic he won't be killing anyone else until post Cht.3. In some Lunatic+ strats he might get a few more kills, but never more than one level up.

You very well can use him more than that, but you'll get stuck due to his slow exp gain. If anything, on Lunatic(+) nogrind you're practically forced not to use Frederick to protect your long term prospects.

I tend to have my Avatar with a +Magic and -Luck attribute, since Lissa is my... Waifu? Yeah, that's the name. And she balances out the -Luck aspect for Morgan and Owain. I only need Luck for Armstrift anyways, which I eventually get to that 50+, so it's all good.

But that's the point I'm trying to make, I can't have Avatar carry everyone. So: It's Frederick's job!

I just hate when you HAVE to do something without options. And the first few levels of Lunatic, and with that matter, Lunatic+, you're forced to use Frederick. I tend to get lucky, find an extra weapon for the replacement of the Silver Lance, buy him a Spear for the Arena-Match with Marth, and then I shelf him for the rest of the game.

Plus, I find him somewhat creepy.

"Frederick only smiles as he's about to bring down an axe."

Does this go unnoticed by everyone?!

I've never actually used Vaike for any period of time, him and most of the kids... so lazy!

That reminds me, I'm not one to use Vaike for very long, either. Also, as for the kids, this might be out of laziness, but I can't bring myself to just up and replace the parents with the children just because.

Whoa, I never noticed this being said anywhere! Where did you see it? :o

Makes me find him even more badass and lovable, personally. :wub: x3

But that's the point I'm trying to make, I can't have Avatar carry everyone. So: It's Frederick's job!

I just hate when you HAVE to do something without options. And the first few levels of Lunatic, and with that matter, Lunatic+, you're forced to use Frederick. I tend to get lucky, find an extra weapon for the replacement of the Silver Lance, buy him a Spear for the Arena-Match with Marth, and then I shelf him for the rest of the game.

Let's say Fred wasn't around, so you'd have to find a way to make Avatar carry everyone. Would you then direct your ire at Avatar? In nogrind Lunatic(+), that's exactly what tends to happen- by Cht.2, Avatar's stats are equal to or better than Fred's, and after Cht.6 Fred will never be up front again, while Avatar is facetanking everything, running interference so your weaker units can train and generally being your MVP.

Whoa, I never noticed this being said anywhere! Where did you see it? :o

It's after the Prologue when Lissa is complaining about Fred making them miss the feast.

Robin

You've quite the stern lieutenant there.

Lissa

Yeah, well, "stern" is one name for it. I can think of a few others!

Chrom

Frederick only smiles when he's about to bring down the axe.

Robin

Duly noted.

Frederick

*Ahem* You do realize I AM still present?

...Oh yeah! I remember that part now. D'oh, silly me. XD How could I forget it? Those very first scenes were what made me decide to do Freddy x Avatar in the first place. lol

Honestly, during my entire playthrough I never once touched Miriel, Stahl, Sully (which is a shame because I actually really like her character), or Vaike. It's hilarious in a sad way because most of my other units are super OP and maxed out on almost all of their stats, but they're still not even leveled up enough for a second seal. Whoops.

Honestly, during my entire playthrough I never once touched Miriel, Stahl, Sully (which is a shame because I actually really like her character), or Vaike. It's hilarious in a sad way because most of my other units are super OP and maxed out on almost all of their stats, but they're still not even leveled up enough for a second seal. Whoops.

(Hands her a Reeking Box)

Edited by MelissaTheFlier

For characters I rarely use:

Flavia

Anna

Lon'qu

Most Spotpasses (except Walhart and Priam)

Libra

Vaike (after marriage)

Maribelle (After Brady)

Panne (after Yarne)

Olivia (After megagrind + inigo)

Characters I would avoid IF THEY WERENT SO STRONG:

Nah (lil bitch)

Severa (tsundere. Nuff said.)

Donnell (although I love him, wastes time tbh)

Characters I normally don't even use:

Sayri

Tiki

I've never used tiki or laurent in any of my playthroughs but hoping to change that during my lunatic run.

Laurent is good when you give him (if married vaike) tomefaire and counter

But don't even use tiki

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Tharja's design looked so generic that I actually completely missed her on my first playthrough and continued to be unaware of her existence for a long time. I know she even gets her own cutscene, but at the time, I just skipped over all cutscenes. I mistook her as a generic Plegian dark mage. So...I guess my choice of who I don't use is her by default.

Laurent is good when you give him (if married vaike) tomefaire and counter

But don't even use tiki

First off, marrying Miriel and Vaike results in serious mod clash. Second. Counter is only good for the enemy.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Vaike, Kellam, Gregor, Maribelle, Cherche (I tried ;-;), Lon'qu, Lissa, Ricken, Miriel, Stahl, Sully, Emmeryn, Walhart, Yen'fay, Say'ri, Aversa, Gangrel, Frederick, Basillio, Flavia, Priam, and unfortunately, Cordelia.

For kids:

Owain, Kjelle, Laurent, Yarne, Gerome, and obviously, Brady.

Edited by Anguis

As much as I really want to use almost everyone, I often forget to train them and then, I have a long list of units that are never used. If Chrom wasn't forced into every map, I would completely forget about him. I forget my own avatar all the time.

Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Stahl, Vaike, Miriel, Kellum, Donnel, Ricken, Maribelle, Panne, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja, Say'ri, Basilio, Flavia, Lucina, Yarne, Nah

Characters I never recruit: Owain, Brady, Kjelle, Laurent, Noire, Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'fay, Aversa.

Tharja's design looked so generic that I actually completely missed her on my first playthrough and continued to be unaware of her existence for a long time.

You know what?

I did this too, and I'm proud of it. Technically I mistook her as Aversa and Impaled her with Extreme Prejudice, but whatever...

First off, marrying Miriel and Vaike results in serious mod clash. Second. Counter is only good for the enemy.

And third, Laurent can get Counter on his own no matter who his dad is. If you really want it, get it without stomping his mods.

Let's say Fred wasn't around, so you'd have to find a way to make Avatar carry everyone. Would you then direct your ire at Avatar? In nogrind Lunatic(+), that's exactly what tends to happen- by Cht.2, Avatar's stats are equal to or better than Fred's, and after Cht.6 Fred will never be up front again, while Avatar is facetanking everything, running interference so your weaker units can train and generally being your MVP.

This... Is a good point. I wouldn't have any hatred against Avatar, since.. They're the Main Character. It's fitting they take the lead, but...

That's actually a bloody good point, Czar.

*throws coin at Czar_Yoshi*

A penny for yer' thoughts.

Not that I am not disturbed by the PCs but I don't get what the deal with this particular line is. "Bring down the axe" is just a figure of speech, right? It shouldn't really be meant to be taken literally.

Anyway, the German version of the line was worse. It was something like: "Frederick is only happy if he gets to impale someone on his lance" or something like that. And this is not a figure of speech.

Edited by BrightBow