FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

Gateway 3DS Flashcart Team have announced that they have support for the latest 3DS firmware! Of course, for those who are still on v4.X, stay on there as there are more stuff planned for it. The 9.X exploit(s) that Gateway found is probably not as big as v4.Xs'. There may be some limitations, but I'm not going to speculate on what they are until it comes out and more Gateway users talk about it. Anyway, it's coming soon so for those who are on v5.X and up should update to v9.2 as soon as possible. If not, well, you're probably stuck with the waiting game again and wait for someone to release an exploit on your present firmware. :P

http://www.gateway-3ds.com/support-for-firmware-9-0-9-2-coming/

Edited by Linkmstr

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems like modified roms are now a thing not restricted to just a choice few.

In light of that, has anyone done any looking into how the RNG works in Awakening, and how feasible it would be to mess with it in a modified rom? Specifically, I'm looking for a way to make it always use the same seed (like the GBA FEs).

Would love see a .gif of it spinning. ;)

It'd be more exciting if it was an actual representation of the FE world, not two continents with three ghosts surrounding it : P

But I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: Nah, it just crashes when I try to export a SWF. Maybe later.

Edited by VincentASM

Does anyone know how to edit the hair colors of the My Unit and future children sprites? 8U; I have tried myself, using Photoshop, but the results are messy and gross, nothing like the color in the game.

I tried fooling around with it myself and what I did was I went to Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation then click the colorize tab and play with the sliders. For this one (hair and eyes) Hue was at 0, Saturation at 65 and Lightness at 0. This is what I want my Avatar to look like to match my FFXIV character, lol.

I'm sure the game has it's own way of doing the hair colors, which is what I'm waiting for a save editor for FE13 to come out so I can mess with that.

8GvHP3u.png

Edited by Jacien

I don't a save editor will allow custom hairs. It probably just stores the ID for whatever presets you chose for your MyUnit. You'd have to find these actual IDs in the game and edit their palettes there if you were wanting actual custom colors.

tumblr_nf600lp8qq1rmzb08o1_1280.jpg

We need to be able to do this.

That is awesome art. I think it was "too hard" to code due to the Avatar's varied appearance (The same excuse why they did not get a swimsuit scene in the beach fan service DLC, despite being among the most popular characters)

I actually have the 3d turned off for battery life regularly under "parental controls".

Well, with how the 3DS hacking scene is progressing, your dream may come true soon. ;)

Or you could modify the files and switch around some stuff so that the pairing can become true (somewhat).

Edited by Linkmstr

Editing supports shouldn't be too hard.

It might not be MU x MU, but we could do MU x someone else and fake it somehow.

It's editing graphics that I'm not sure about. But if we can extract them, somebody can find a way to re-insert them. Just not me XD

Editing supports shouldn't be too hard.

It might not be MU x MU, but we could do MU x someone else and fake it somehow.

It's editing graphics that I'm not sure about. But if we can extract them, somebody can find a way to re-insert them. Just not me XD

That's what I'm talking about.

Now putting it back into a rom is possible since there are already modified roms out there.