FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

It might not be MU x MU, but we could do MU x someone else and fake it somehow.

Unacceptable. It must be true and true and double Morgans.

Haha. I'm guessing there might be a way, but it will be "fixed" confessions.

Patience. I'm sure someone, even if not us, will figure it out in years to come.

We didn't edit GBA CGs until just a few years ago.

Also, we have artist permission from MoMonga to use the default Robin confessions if we manage to reinsert them.

5.また、イラストの使用に関してですが、販売や配布など金銭が絡む用途での使用は禁止です。個人的、もしくは仲間内だけで楽しむ分には使用していただいて構いません。

これらを守っていただけますか?

"5. Usage of the art is open as long as you meet the following conditions: It is not to be used or distributed for commercial purposes. It is not to be used to start arguments (most likely ship bashing). I don't mind if it's just for fun. Can you promise this?"

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I'm guessing there might be a way, but it will be "fixed" confessions.

Patience. I'm sure someone, even if not us, will figure it out in years to come.

We didn't edit GBA CGs until just a few years ago.

Also, we have artist permission from MoMonga to use the default Robin confessions if we manage to reinsert them.

Well, since it's possible to, you know, edit text files and swap files around (like undubs). You can always change a certain character's confession scene so that you can make it be what you want it to be. ;)

I wonder if at some point, we can kill the "flag" to load a specific gendered Morgan and have them BOTH be loaded regardless.

And just change the text dialogue to have Female Morgan say "Nii-san" them both talk.

"Mark" (Male Morgan) only remembers their mother and sibling, Morgan remembers her father and sibling, so they assume that the one the other remembers is their parent. Would make for an interesting "story dynamic" in supports, considering we can actually edit it to be "non-generic" ones.

I wonder if at some point, we can kill the "flag" to load a specific gendered Morgan and have them BOTH be loaded regardless.

And just change the text dialogue to have Female Morgan say "Nii-san" them both talk.

"Mark" (Male Morgan) only remembers their mother and sibling, Morgan remembers her father and sibling, so they assume that the one the other remembers is their parent. Would make for an interesting "story dynamic" in supports, considering we can actually edit it to be "non-generic" ones.

I can see a lot of fanfic opportunities for that. I also would like to see custom/modded DLCs to create different stuff and short fanmade stories. :P

Oh the possibilities.

Edited by Linkmstr

Well, Avatar M and Avatar F are separate characters, so loading both isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I think Morgan M/F are too; my memory really sucks.

I assume if you loaded both Avatars, they would share the same customisation options, so both would have face type 1 corresponding to their gender.

You could try hacking the guest Avatars; I'm curious about how they'd work after modifying them. Would *all* your guest Avatars automatically rank up a support after one of them ranks up?

Actually implementing it shouldn't be out of the question.

I mean, the guest MUs SHOULD have space in memory (in the character struct) remembering their customization options.

We WILL have limitations, but the fact that the guest MUs have their customization intact means there's SOMETHING there.

What if the customization is on the character struct for each *actual* MU?

DREAM COME TRUE.

It all begins with tinkering with it.

Really, Vincent figured out a chunk just from the dumped ROM.

And he isn't even able to run it.

Imagine what he can do if someone can test it for him.

(Like me)

Oh man, I'll love messing with it with all my save files on my dropbox.

...though that means anything he's able to mess with successfully on the American ROM... I have to pioneer on my Japanese ROM.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It all begins with tinkering with it.

Really, Vincent figured out a chunk just from the dumped ROM.

And he isn't even able to run it.

Imagine what he can do if someone can test it for him.

(Like me)

Oh man, I'll love messing with it with all my save files on my dropbox.

...though that means anything he's able to mess with successfully on the American ROM... I have to pioneer on my Japanese ROM.

Your save files are unique to your copy of your game. If the rom becomes modified, your saves won't work, sadly. x'P

Edited by Linkmstr

Your save files are unique to your copy of your game. If the rom becomes modified, your saves won't work, sadly. x'P

Wait how does that logic work?

If you modify the ROM, why wouldn't the saves work?

Isn't that the point of decrypting saves? To be able to use them on other people's copies/modifying them?

Wait how does that logic work?

If you modify the ROM, why wouldn't the saves work?

Isn't that the point of decrypting saves? To be able to use them on other people's copies/modifying them?

Whoops, wrong about the whole modified rom part. I was still thinking about the new save KeyY encryption method which Awakening doesn't have. Oh well... I'm sleepy... Anyway, save dongle saves are incompatible with the Gateway's saving method (on v4.X 3DS). The save dongle saves will only work for the cartridge since the actual file format is not compatible to Gateway. If you want the saves to work on the rom, inject the save back into the cartridge (after backing up the current save), back the save up using Gateway's save backup method, and then you can use that save on the rom. Again, you'll need a v4.X 3DS to backup your saves since that's the only way to access the Gateway menu have that backup save function (unless Gateway's new v9.X exploit can allow you to backup saves and more). Well, this is from how I understand some things. Don't take my word for it. ;m;

You can find out more here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-savegame-requests-thread.359139/

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Hacking_FAQ#Saves

Edited by Linkmstr

If you want the saves to work on the rom, inject the save back into the cartridge (after backing up the current save), back the save up using Gateway's save backup method, and then you can use that save on the rom. Again, you'll need a v4.X 3DS to backup your saves since that's the only way to access the Gateway menu have that backup save function (unless Gateway's new v9.X exploit can allow you to backup saves and more). Again, what I say is what I think it means. Don't take my word for it. ;m;

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm hoping for being able to run modified ROMs on the 9.X method.

That's all I need, because all my capture cards are on updated 3DSs.

I can buy a 4.5 3DS later on.

I tried fooling around with it myself and what I did was I went to Image -> Adjustments -> Hue/Saturation then click the colorize tab and play with the sliders. For this one (hair and eyes) Hue was at 0, Saturation at 65 and Lightness at 0. This is what I want my Avatar to look like to match my FFXIV character, lol.

I'm sure the game has it's own way of doing the hair colors, which is what I'm waiting for a save editor for FE13 to come out so I can mess with that.

8GvHP3u.png

I see, I didn't think to try that! 8D; Thanks a lot man, I will play around with this some more.

In regards to the hair color stuff, it's worth noting that most all of the SpotPass and DLC characters' battle models (which, with 1 (3?) exception(s) are mostly constructed from the same resources available during Avatar creation) have hair colors that aren't from among the Avatar's 20 preset options, so that's (probably?) a point towards fully custom hair colors being possible without jumping through too many hoops. How they'd display on the portraits, though, I've no idea.

Edited by Starlight36

Well... it looks like I have something to work towards.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=47145168

tumblr_nf97631Fj81rmzb08o2_1280.jpg

Again, artist gives us permission as long as it's not for commercial purposes, or taking credit, or using it to bash others, etc.

Edited by shadowofchaos

In regards to the hair color stuff, it's worth noting that most all of the SpotPass and DLC characters' battle models (which, with 1 (3?) exception(s) are mostly constructed from the same resources available during Avatar creation) have hair colors that aren't from among the Avatar's 20 preset options, so that's (probably?) a point towards fully custom hair colors being possible without jumping through too many hoops. How they'd display on the portraits, though, I've no idea.

This is basically how I figured it'd work. As for portraits, from what I can tell there aren't specific sprites for each hair color, but rather the game auto-photoshops the hair color depending on the color choice/inheritance? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, if it's possible to swap out enough media assets to change one of the currently supportable females into an Avatar-F, it should be equally possible to use one with a son and swap him into Morgan, so even if you can't get both Avatars/Morgans to load at the same time, it's still possible. Plus, I have a feeling this kind of thing will come way before loading both Avatars (which could even cause things like Cht.23 to crash due to trying to force both Avatars onto one tile... It won't be as simple as changing one flag).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi