FE: Awakening ROM decrypted and extracted

VincentASM

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm not quite sure if this question goes here, but would it be possible to make a save backup using the app for that on the 3DS, identify and pluck the backup save from your SD card, edit the save data, put it back on the SD card and then load the modified save back into the game?

I don't suppose it would be just yet, but I feel I should at least ask.

Hi all, im new here.. huff.. creating an account just to ask you guys,
how's awakening hacking development? any other development/ news?

i heard Vincent posting about character editor modules, anyone could help me on how to use it to replace a skill, for example, galeforce?

btw,

i own a 3ds fw 4.5 with gateway flashcard on 2.7 with savedatafiler and bbbmenu installed,

so if anyone interested i can provide my descripted savedata

(gateway [us] FE savedata, descripted via savedatafiler)

best regards and cheers.

Awesome, was able to downgrade the small 3DS to 4.2. Now I think I'll pick up that MTCard and use it to decrypt my cartridge's save file.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50119

Alright, I've been keeping my 3ds on 9.2 but it's getting annoying because I can't use the eShop to download the ORAS patch. Would anyone mind giving me a runthrough on how manually upgrading/downgrading the menu versions work?

Alright, I've been keeping my 3ds on 9.2 but it's getting annoying because I can't use the eShop to download the ORAS patch. Would anyone mind giving me a runthrough on how manually upgrading/downgrading the menu versions work?

You don't have to downgrade. Just format emuNAND on the Gateway menu and then update emuNAND to 9.4 without updating your sysNAND. Follow the directions carefully here. If you successfully updated your emuNAND to 9.4, you can then get on eShop and download the ORAS update and any other 3DS game updates.

Edited by Linkmstr

As far as we know, Reclass sets are saved for each character--and each character has a male and female Reclass set. Normally the character only uses their gender's Reclass set, while the other Reclass set is used for their opposite-gender children.

In fact, the character editor modules allow you to (theoretically) modify Reclass sets.

No clue about the last question; it depends how the save data works.

Male Pegaknights will be hilarious

Same with female Barbarians, especially Maribelle

You don't have to downgrade. Just format emuNAND on the Gateway menu and then update emuNAND to 9.4 without updating your sysNAND. Follow the directions carefully here. If you successfully updated your emuNAND to 9.4, you can then get on eShop and download the ORAS update and any other 3DS game updates.

OK.

Can I do a System Transfer from a 9.4 sysNAND 3ds to a 9.4 emuNAND 3ds?

They look like they use mostly the same engine, so it probably shouldn't be too different.

Then again, the potential for what you would actually do with them would also be fairly similar. I'm predicting people will try to swap characters between the two and othewise stick with whichever one is further ahead. I know I'll mostly be messing with Awakening.

Seeing as FEif will be on the 3DS and the 3DS is already hacked, I think it'll be hacked within a month of release, which is great news for the fandom. Imagine; within a year, we could fix Awakening's feet, cross-transport map sprites and battle animations between games... it'll be awesome.

Changing sprites and stuff will be easily possible as soon as we get a way to quickly repack everything, I think. Feet would take a lot longer unless you did a full model swap (which still might be tricky).

Seeing as FEif will be on the 3DS and the 3DS is already hacked, I think it'll be hacked within a month of release, which is great news for the fandom. Imagine; within a year, we could fix Awakening's feet, cross-transport map sprites and battle animations between games... it'll be awesome.

The 3DS is not completely hacked yet. Some of the stuff you mentioned won't happen for a while.

Now we just need the eventual wokring 3DS emulator, and then sprite editing, weapon/stat/growth editing, portrait/dialogue/class editing, etc. Then we can get to the INTERESTING parts of romhax on the 3DS.

Now we just need the eventual wokring 3DS emulator, and then sprite editing, weapon/stat/growth editing, portrait/dialogue/class editing, etc. Then we can get to the INTERESTING parts of romhax on the 3DS.

Citra can already boot a few 3DS games. Optimization obviously still needed as well as work in general, but it's been coming :)

I just want my RAM hacking for stats and loading units on your side.

You don't need ROM hacking for that.

Give me my MU x MU supports.

I'll figure it out once I finish messing with decrypting save files on my two Awakening copies first.

I'll figure it out once I finish messing with decrypting save files on my two Awakening copies first.

Remember that cyber gadget save editor?

Yeah you can load, edit, whatever decrypted save files now.

I need me a jp copy of the game.

And knowledge of where everything is in the save file.

Remember that cyber gadget save editor?

Yeah you can load, edit, whatever decrypted save files now.

I need me a jp copy of the game.

And knowledge of where everything is in the save file.

Wait, what?

You load the files from savedatafiler?

Any guide to this?

Wait, what?

You load the files from savedatafiler?

Any guide to this?

I think he just meant the Cyber Gadget Save Editor itself. Like you don't need savedatafiler to decrypt saves for Japanese-only 3DS games.

It shouldn't be too far off - Pokémon RAM hacking is now a thing: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44551-Web-Browser-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection&p=195497, and you can apparently even do some (pseudo?) save editing: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44618-RAM2Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS.

You can even inject VC roms into RAM to temporarily replace one you're currently playing: https://gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-roms-into-vc-with-only-the-web-browser-sure.379760/