Possible Glitch? Healing Logbook Units Doesn't Increase Staff Rank

Terrador

As discovered by Lumi rather recently, apparently healing, Rescuing, etc. a Logbook unit (with a Logbook unit or a story one) doesn't increase Staff rank. I've tested it, and found the same result; no word on how this works with SpotPass and DLC characters yet. If anyone else has seen this or is willing to test it, go ahead and post your results! I'd suggest blowing through a Rescue staff; you'll DEFINITELY see an increase if there is one, even after a single charge.

E: Another detail: Lumi's result was on an NA download, and mine was on an NA cartridge. European and Japanese testers would be especially welcome.

Edited by Terrador

To put into context, I found this while doing an avatar run and not postgame grinding, and thus don't have access to unlimited arm scrolls. Another detail is that Terra and I are both on Lunatic. So if someone has a Normal/Hard file to test this with, I'd like to deduce whether this is an intentional Lunatic feature or a bug in the code.

Edited by Thor Odinson

This wasn't in a streetpass or spotpass team match, right? EXP gain is always 1 EXP and WEXP gain is disabled during those on Lunatic.

If you confirm it wasn't, I'll do some testing on my (PAL) copy to verify.

It's storymode. They gain EXP normally. I noticed that my healer had no WEXP gain even after using up an entire heal staff in Para 3 (I thought it was the paralogue's fault at first), and did tests during Chapter 8. In Chapter 9 I further tested upon Libra's recruitment.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Seems like either a mode issue or a locale issue, then. I'd like some tests on NoE/JPN Lunatic vs NoA Normal/Hard to see the results.

I'm leaning towards locale, since NoA also screwed up the voice thing, but we won't know for sure there's enough data for comparison.

I did another test on my NoA L+ file on a legacy character (like SB's test, I summoned Jamke for this) instead of a logbook avatar and the result is the same, whereas healing the NPC on CoY1 does give Wexp. I used Bride!Eirika for this test as she had a low staff rank with an empty bar, making increases easy to see.

those of you hacking the rom right now should totally get down to the root of the issue for this

I deleted my Lunatic save earlier, but I quickly tested on Lunatic+ NOE edition.

Rescuing a Logbook Avatar three times gives zilch.

Rescuing Chrom once immediately shows a little increase.

I only have Normal mode saves I think...

Bump.

Testing on JP Hard Mode Casual and Classic:

Liz/Lissa has NO staff exp because I made sure NOT to use her heal staff even once.

On both files, I streetpassed Belinda's file shop to buy a Rescue staff:

cNpsfZ1.png5G31NEH.png

And on the logbook, recruited Katarina and another Belinda MU (to test if there was a difference):

xPdufHL.png

Casual Mode:

I0PoxCl.png

Produced a Staff WEXP increase in Chapter 4:

8SfPckt.pnguifGj9Q.png

Classic Mode:

aB8F5k4.png

YuVPsuy.pngsIp4cLF.png

B8VfFOu.png

WEXP increase.

Looks like it was a localization issue with it being strictly Lunatic and it got passed onto US Hard Modes, but fixed in NoE Hard Modes just like the voice bug.