Mewtwo Confirmed! (Smash Direct)

Esme

Did you guys watch the Smash Direct today? What'd you think?

I thought everything about it was incredible-- especially the Mewtwo reveal. Kinda iffy about character DLC being a thing, but I can't be mad 'cause I'm getting him for free~

Anyway, share your thoughts, opinions, and HYPE!

Edited by Esme

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Mewtwo is DLC but it won't even be ready until spring of next year. I think a lot more people would be upset about paid day 1 DLC, but a lot of people expected character DLC to be a thing this time around. Nintendo has been pretty good about value for money when it comes to their DLC pricing too.

I hope Mewtwo plays better than he does in Melee. I do have faith in the team though, as pretty much every character on the roster is fun to play. But in Melee he was so... weird. Kind of felt like a wonky fusion of Ness, Samus, and Zelda. Here's hoping his moves have less awkward animations this time.

I'm just worried about how to acquire Mewtwo. My brother and I have our own copies of Smash 3DS, but we'll be sharing a Wii U version, and it looks like you only get one Mewtwo per pair since it's through Club Nintendo registration. I hope they make him available in some form for anyone who doesn't buy both games. It would suck if only one of my brother and me could have Mewtwo on 3DS...

I'm most hyped for the Stage Builder, Paint mode, and Photo Studio. Can't wait to make all kinds of funny and crazy stuff with them. :D

I spotted an Elincia trophy, so expect some form of Ike x Elincia shenanigans. lolol

Edited by Anacybele

I'm just worried about how to acquire Mewtwo. My brother and I have our own copies of Smash 3DS, but we'll be sharing a Wii U version, and it looks like you only get one Mewtwo per pair since it's through Club Nintendo registration. I hope they make him available in some form for anyone who doesn't buy both games. It would suck if only one of my brother and me could have Mewtwo on 3DS...

this. nintendo, WTF? i wasn't planning on getting the wii u version (because wii u's cost money), and then "if you don't get the other version you can't get the character" happens.

this. nintendo, WTF? i wasn't planning on getting the wii u version (because wii u's cost money), and then "if you don't get the other version you can't get the character" happens.

He will be available for purchase in Spring 2015, so you're not going to miss him if you're willing to pay.

Stage creator this game looks amazing. And you can share them with people online? Amazing! Was that in Brawl? Hosting your own tournaments online is also very cool. The music selection this game is roughly 4 times the size of the 3DS version, which is awesome

DLC announcement was honestly expected, but it's great to hear it announced. And Mewtwo, no less! I'd be surprised if Mewtwo was the only DLC character

Finally, the new DK stage looks incredible; fighting in two planes is seriously unique and interesting

Completely forgot about Ridley, lol. The fact he has his own stocks and icon basically makes him an additional CPU fighter. The way he's in his game suits him perfectly, in my opinion. Teaming up with Samus? Ought to be fun

Edited by DodgeDusk

Stage creator this game looks amazing. And you can share them with people online? Amazing! Was that in Brawl?

Actually, yes, this could be done in Brawl too. Some friends I had sent me their stages.

perhaps if you make multiple accounts on the wii u?

Pretty minor note, but I like the announcer's VA a lot. He sounds like he's having fun.

BUTTONS

This was the best part,he was hilariously hammy about the whole thing

BUTTONS

In regards to Mewtwo, I just hope the poor guy doesn't have the wonky control he had in Melee. That would suck. Mewtwo was incredibly hard to simply pick up in a casual environment in Melee, and even harder competitively. So we should at least hope that is no longer the case.

Now Roy pls

I'm most hyped for the Stage Builder, Paint mode, and Photo Studio. Can't wait to make all kinds of funny and crazy stuff with them. :D

This

so

fucking

much

I don't even

I've lost the ability to even

I CANNOT EVEN

He will be available for purchase in Spring 2015, so you're not going to miss him if you're willing to pay.

Im down with waiting for the Mewtwo. If hes cheap enough, i dont mind ponying up for him.

So, is this implying what I think it's implying? (By which I mean that you can get Mewtwo with only one version of the game, and it's just that he's free if you register both):

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

Im not sure, and it will likely have an FAQ about that once hes ready for release. Their promotional periods are usually pretty long so...

Im guessing that he might be linked to your Nintendo ID account and you might be able to get him for both versions if you register both versions. I hope so anyway, for all those guys who are getting both versions. But really, im pretty sure Mewtwo will be available on both versions of the game. The Direct strongly implied that.

I just...really like that Mario Galaxy stage. Wheeeh.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson