• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Essentially, you pick a shot type for each game (probably only the Windows integers minus PoFV) and then compete for the highest score per game. As other players will be picking shot types as well, though, you may end up with some that you don't usually play with, which is part of the fun!

If people would like to compete for something different, like most lives/bombs remaining after 1ccing, that's fine by me, too. The rules and other details are flexible, really.

Here's an example of a Touhou draft we did a while back. We never actually finished it (and I was kinda rude and impatient back then, haha), but it should give you an idea of how things work.

Essentially, you pick a shot type for each game (probably only the Windows integers minus PoFV) and then compete for the highest score per game. As other players will be picking shot types as well, though, you may end up with some that you don't usually play with, which is part of the fun!

If people would like to compete for something different, like most lives/bombs remaining after 1ccing, that's fine by me, too. The rules and other details are flexible, really.

Here's an example of a Touhou draft we did a while back. We never actually finished it (and I was kinda rude and impatient back then, haha), but it should give you an idea of how things work.

Ooooooh. Interesting.

I was hoping you meant Touhoumon... :<

Why do Touhou characters look much older and sexy in fanart.

Part of the reason may be that most of ZUN's drawings of them pre-UFO were pretty awful. :V

@Zak: There appear to be so many versions of Touhoumon, I wouldn't even know where to start. xD

Why do Touhou characters look much older and sexy in fanart.

Part of the reason may be that most of ZUN's drawings of them pre-UFO were pretty awful. :V

Also, the reason why there's a ton of fan art is because the fans draw characters the way that they feel they'd look like. It helps that SWR/Hisoutensoku/HM/others had official art that looked really nice of some characters, which helped that outlook (at least that's how I see it).

Isn't it like that with most things?

Sort of, yeah. But I've seen it much more on Touhou.

How are thet awful? Isn't he the one who created them (implying that his designs are the real thing).

How are thet awful? Isn't he the one who created them (implying that his designs are the real thing).

I wasn't talking about the designs! The basic designs are great, as the fanart shows. It's the quality of his drawings that used to be pretty bad (although he has notably improved over time. Just compare some of the character portraits from Subterranean Animism to those from Undefined Fantastic Object). Basic stuff like proportions, knees, hands (ZUN used to be terrible at drawing hands) and such.

DDC Extra Clear get. Sakuya A once more proves that shield bombs are insanely useful against Extra bosses~

That makes about half of all Extra stages beaten. PCB, IN, MoF and UFO to go!

Congratulations! I still can't understand how you couldn't beat PCB Extra yet.

Also, I went pretty far in DDC Extra with SakuyaA. Three Strikes until Midnight seems to be the only really difficult spell that I've encountered so far.

Edited by Railgun

Congratulations! I still can't understand how you couldn't beat PCB Extra yet.

Thanks~

I don't quite understand that myself, actually, haha. It's really only Ran's first spell that slaughters me, and that I cannot skip because Extra bosses are mean and ignore bombs. The few times I actually made it past that, I captured quite a few of her spells at 0 lives before choking and dying.

Although admittedly, I haven't even tried in a while. Right now I'm more concerned with beating UFO Extra and not losing my goddamn last life to Scarlet Gensokyo on Hard.

Also, I went pretty far in DDC Extra with SakuyaA. Three Strikes until Midnight seems to be the only really difficult spell that I've encountered so far.

Actually, it's one of her easiest as far as I'm concerned; the drums are extremely predictable. Personally, I'm awful at her laser cards, as well as the obligatory survival one. SakuyaA can utterly cheese Raiko's survival card if you manage to apply the slowdown effect to her before she goes invincible, but I didn't even need to do that in my successful run.

Thanks~

I don't quite understand that myself, actually, haha. It's really only Ran's first spell that slaughters me, and that I cannot skip because Extra bosses are mean and ignore bombs. The few times I actually made it past that, I captured quite a few of her spells at 0 lives before choking and dying.

Ran's spell is pathetically ea- wait, I think we've had this conversation before, nvm

Although admittedly, I haven't even tried in a while. Right now I'm more concerned with beating UFO Extra and not losing my goddamn last life to Scarlet Gensokyo on Hard.

I heard Nue is the easiest EX boss from all of them, but not having unlocked it myself, I can't verify that.

Actually, it's one of her easiest as far as I'm concerned; the drums are extremely predictable. Personally, I'm awful at her laser cards, as well as the obligatory survival one. SakuyaA can utterly cheese Raiko's survival card if you manage to apply the slowdown effect to her before she goes invincible, but I didn't even need to do that in my successful run.

Predictable how? Is there some kind of pattern to those? Her laser spells seemed really easy to me. Heck, I even captured one of them on my very first time seeing that spell.

Ran's spell is pathetically ea- wait, I think we've had this conversation before, nvm

Like I said, I haven't tried in a while. Maybe I'll get it right some day. xD

I heard Nue is the easiest EX boss from all of them, but not having unlocked it myself, I can't verify that.

She doesn't seem particularly difficult (I have little trouble with most of her spells even considering how little chances I get to practice them), but the stage part itself completely slaughters my resources; I have yet to actually reach Nue with more than a single life left, haha. Flandre is probably easier still, though.

Predictable how? Is there some kind of pattern to those? Her laser spells seemed really easy to me. Heck, I even captured one of them on my very first time seeing that spell.

Yes; the left and right drums always have the same orientation and go up-down-up-down, whereas the middle one never changes its orientation and just goes left-right-left-right. They also fire at fixed intervals. With some planning, you have a lot of time to get up into Raiko's face (well, not literally) and shoot her with impunity.

Her laser spells don't have a difficult pattern, but for some reason I kinda suck at dodging them. It doesn't help that the first two times I reached her first laser spellcard, I was on my last life and literally got insta-killed by the very first lasers before I even knew what the heck was going on. They come out pretty fast is probably my issue. xD