• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

man I never realized the stage 4 bosses swap out depending on your character. I like the brown haired sister's cards much more but they're also a lot more awkward to dodge for me! also her design is worse.

god seija fight takes a lot out of me

at shinmyoumaru with 2 lives, 0.75 bombs

i'm playing godawfully rn and basically relying on panicbombing but I guess that's how you clear touhou games when you're bad anyway!! I don't remember how shinmyoumaru fights at all except for the card where she makes you bigger so I'm probably SOL but let's do this

Edited by Prims

kjsdlhfkljsdhfkljsh wasted a fresh life + the bomb from those bomb fragments on a stupid death I'm mad irl except not like mad irl, just frustrated with myself but saying I'm mad irl on the internet to be silly.

shinymoumaru is super fun though.

CONTINUING

done but I continued a second time orz. I blame the huge hitbox spellcard that fucks w/ me way too much

I notice that whenever I mess up and have to continue in these games I get really lazy and start flunking the rest of the run, which is probably why I've never beaten Kanako to my memory. dunno if I'll take another shot at the 1CC tonight, kinda salty but this was hardly my best play anyway (wasted a life and multiple bombs on kagerou patterns I dodged just fine during my first run today, RIP)

that must be why you complain about it on skype so much!

also is there a good reason this is in fftf and not in the video game forum lol

still applies btw. not gonna lie, even though I love Touhou I held off from posting in this thread forever because the thread title and tags are embarrassing. mods should lock it and have a new one be made in the video game forum by somebody who isn't friends with boney

Please spell shmup right, it is literally the best word ever (citation needed).

all I'm sayin is shit like that is the reason "which 2hu would u fuk" is an internet joke

E: you're allowed to misspell shmup if you say "shump" though, hope this advice improves your posting tactics.

it probably sounds like I'm being a fucker but it comes off a lil weird when the immediate tags everybody sees on this thread are some weird waifu joke and "lolis" (which has very creepy sexual connotations to most people familiar with the term). touhou's a fun series and presenting it as an anime dating sim for pedophiles just rubs folks the wrong way, nevermind that it's very misleading since up until HM there was nothing even vaguely resembling fanservice in the series! even if that part of the fandom wasn't atrocious, most of the discussion in this thread seems to be game related anyway so I'm not sure why you'd wanna make your tags that instead of something more relevant, like "danmaku", or "resource management simulator", or "#420GrazeIt"

also yall weren't kidding about Sakuya A, that bomb is basically easy mode. choked at shinmyoumaru but I got really damn close, gonna blame the survival card. hitboxes there just seem wonky to me

Edited by Prims

ive never played touhou but the fanbase makes sweet music remixes

oh fun fact on that note

idk if anybody here is into BEMANI of dumb hard music game fame but at the recent Reitaisai they released a collaboration album where popular BEMANI artists and a couple oldschool Touhou remixers (beatmario, also REDALiCE but he does songs for BEMANI now anyway) remixed a selection of songs from the first three windows Touhou games. the song previews are all here and you can probably find the game cuts if you look around on youtube or nico. the quality varies but some of them are very stand-out - Nekomata Master remixed History of the Moon and it's really pretty and good :>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYN4bqY6Eds

some of the songs are being added to BEMANI games (Beatmania IIDX, pop'n music, DDR, etc) too so next time I hit up Round 1 I can play REDALiCE's Septette for the Dead Princess remix in IIDX and make everybody mad because the western BEMANI community hates touhou and j-core

FUCK MY LIFE LMAO

HT1ERnk.jpg

two deaths because a knife got past Marisa B's bomb (which is really fun btw) during idiot garbage bad idea survival card kill zun and I didn't see it. TWO DEATHS !!

Edited by Prims

as somebody who has played DDC normal like six times today I'd say the danmaku itself is tougher than most other touhou games even if you get free lives every half minute

secky is really hard for a stage 2 boss for example. she's pretty good from a game design PoV too since her battle is like "learn to stream lol"

Edited by Prims

DDC may hand out resources like candy, but the patterns are still quite tougher than most of the other games, yes. Disappointed in Glac for saying something like that. :V

Also I'm satisfied with my progress~ 1cced all the Windows games on Hard now. Looking intently at a couple Lunatics.

it's 7:30 AM almost and i'm still playing touhou for some reason

i got to seija and looked at my lives counter and had seven and i was like "hahahahahaa what" so i think i'm on full autopilot at this point. somehow i still failed that run

now im doing crazy economizing shit like wasting bombs where i don't actually need to so i can get life fragments because marisa b is the best possible character you can pick in this touhou project video game

also despite being in the worst possible mindset to play touhou i got past midboss benben with no bombs or deaths for the first time today. somehow

how do you dodge shinmyoumaru's spellcard where she's like "hey here's some fast knives, that's cool huh, here are even faster knievs" that card is fukken stupid and i don't get it. i guess you're supposed to weave between the blue ones but there doesn't seem to be enough space

i probably would've done this ages ago if i stuck to using sakuya A. oh well though. gotta go for the FUN CLEAR

marisa literally just got killed by a start of stage 5 spirit spawning on her and shattering her into a million fucking pieces. eat a dick game. mima didnt die in a continuity reboot for this

one of you bitches is reteaching me how to 2hu once i'm not preoccupied with other things