It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Of course, it's the Ness amiibo that is part of the server crash.

Even in 200x, Earthbound proves it's got what it takes to overload a web server.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on freaking earth are the FE amiibos the rare ones yet again?! They have advertised the Code Name: STEAM connectivity of these things for 2 straight Nintendo Directs, and they're probably the most valuable amiibos for actual in-game purpose. They should be on every store shelf right next to Mario and Link. And yet Nintendo underestimated demand for them worse than ever with Robin/Lucina. At least Ike was up for like a day.

A friend of mine texted me at work when preorders at Best Buy went up, and I luckily happened to check my phone within 10 min of the text (I work in a biotech lab with pathogenic organisms, so I can't often remove my gloves to surf my phone). Too bad in those 10 min. every single Robin, the only amiibo I really want, was gone. And my local GameStop (next to a university) had a line out the door which started at like noon.

Unless something changes before Wave 4 launches - as in more become available - I think I'm officially done with amiibos, despite how much I love the idea of figurines of my favorite characters. I refuse to support this idiocy.

Edited by Ragnell

Why on freaking earth are the FE amiibos the rare ones yet again?! They have advertised the Code Name: STEAM connectivity of these things for 2 straight Nintendo Directs, and they're probably the most valuable amiibos for actual in-game purpose. They should be on every store shelf right next to Mario and Link. And yet Nintendo underestimated demand for them worse than ever with Robin/Lucina. At least Ike was up for like a day.

A friend of mine texted me at work when preorders at Best Buy went up, and I luckily happened to check my phone within 10 min of the text (I work in a biotech lab with pathogenic organisms, so I can't often remove my gloves to surf my phone). Too bad in those 10 min. every single Robin, the only amiibo I really want, was gone. And my local GameStop (next to a university) had a line out the door which started at like noon.

Unless something changes before Wave 4 launches - as in more become available - I think I'm officially done with amiibos, despite how much I love the idea of figurines of my favorite characters. I refuse to support this idiocy.

I know, right? And on top of that, FE: Awakening is a popular game and Lucina is a pretty popular character. :/

I'm sorry that you couldn't get Robin though. I really must be the only person here that managed to get him... Ugh, I wish I could just duplicate him or something so I can give all of you guys a Robin. :(

Our GameStop processed 4 orders in two hours. (the fourth one being my friend [managed to snag Ness and PcaMan!]) Lucina, Robin, and Wario magaed to sell out while we were in line, so I didn't preorder anything. Gonna try TRU tomorrow and see if I can't preorder Wario there.

I know, right? And on top of that, FE: Awakening is a popular game and Lucina is a pretty popular character. :/

I'm sorry that you couldn't get Robin though. I really must be the only person here that managed to get him... Ugh, I wish I could just duplicate him or something so I can give all of you guys a Robin. :(

Don't feel bad. It's Nintendo's fault there aren't enough. And the madness will begin again once they actually hit stores, I'm sure.

Don't feel bad. It's Nintendo's fault there aren't enough. And the madness will begin again once they actually hit stores, I'm sure.

True. Just...why haven't they gotten the fucking message here yet? I honestly thought they had when they announced the Marth restock. But nope, seems not.

Edited by Anacybele

So I just said screw it and decided to preorder from Amazon.jp. Ironically it was cheaper (with better sellers) for me to import from them then anywhere else on the NA Amazon site. I'll be getting Robin and Lucina anywhere from May 11-21.

Edited by LordTaco42

So I just said screw it and decided to preorder from Amazon.jp. Ironically it was cheaper (with better sellers) for me to import from them then anywhere else on the NA Amazon site. I'll be getting Robin and Lucina anywhere from May 11-21.

I just took a look at that. Can you give me some help on getting the goods to be shipped internationally? (PM me if needed)

Edited by Roflolxp54

I just took a look at that. Can you give me some help on getting the goods to be shipped internationally?

Yeah. First off there is an english version of Amazon.jp there's a link for it at the top right (the only thing that says in english). Also you are going to need a seperate amazon account for amazon.jp even if you have an amazon at whereever your at. The big key to see if you can even get something from them over in say the US is that the description will say Domestic AND International rates apply. If it only says domestic then you can't import it.

Final tidbit its going to be steep. Not the product itself but the shipping cost just be ready for that. I would advise you to have google's money converter up before you place your order so that you can see how much it'll run you in whatever currency your using.

If you need more help or something more specific let me know. I'm relatively new to importing but I know a thing or two about it.

Now that we have almost all of the Smash Bros. amiibo announced, do you think we'll start seeing different series of amiibo late in the year/next year? I'd like to see an Fire Emblem series, but I could see them releasing Pokemon and/or Zelda in the future.

OK, now I've officially missed Greninja. Score one for some scalper once I get around to ordering one on Ebay after its release. Hopefully at least a few Jigglypuffs are available in-store and I get one.

OK, now I've officially missed Greninja. Score one for some scalper once I get around to ordering one on Ebay after its release. Hopefully at least a few Jigglypuffs are available in-store and I get one.

Yeah apparently Toys R Us opened preorders at 3AM even though their customer reps kept telling people 7-9AM.

sad thing is

Greninja was reported to have lasted almost 30 minutes. Compared to every other amiibo bar Wario, that's a record setter for this wave, and it's awful.

Missed it though regardless; I stayed up F5'ing until about 1a CST, then woke up at 6a to find it gone

eb3221864c.png

Edited by Sara.

Well, that In-Store Preorder thing is nice for people who have a Toys R' Us within fifty miles of them. But, again, I'm not one of those people. Yes, I've checked with the store locator on their website.

I'm not contemplating a road trip because the combined money lost from taking a Monday off (unlike Fridays, I pretty much always work Mondays) and the gas to drive to the nearest Toys R' Us would cancel out any money I would save from buying from them rather than an import or scalper.

Damn, I'm glad I don't like Greninja.

And I swear, those Inklings and their game look like something off of Nickelodeon... Probably because both use ink splatters.

I only want Greninja for the set completion because i'm a dork who likes having these things...help i need counseling!

The game reminds me of like, Jet Set Radio Future, only newer and fresher and slightly less punk, so hip!?

With the three Inkling sets, the Game is also up for preorder at BestBuy, for what it's worth. Best of luck to you Squids!

*Edit*

Trio just sold out

Edited by Sara.