It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Is it just me, Taco, or is your Pac-Man leaning? o.O

*Looks at Jave's squid amiibo*

*Cries because the one he was supposed to get as part of the Splatoon limited editon was stolen by thieves*

Man, that's really really sucky. I heard about the theft. :(

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there were some non-preordered Ness amiibo at my GameStop when we went there yesterday at opening time. I only got the squid though, so shrug.

Is it just me, Taco, or is your Pac-Man leaning? o.O

On the base? No. The trophy itself is supposed to look like that though his left leg is shorter to show his body leaning to one side as he winks.

On the base? No. The trophy itself is supposed to look like that though his left leg is shorter to show his body leaning to one side as he winks.

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure. :P

I don't see much of a difference in their quality. And it's not because I don't particularly like the Inkling designs either. I think both lines are very good quality (in general, since things like Link's pee-stick exist).

Comparing my Inkling Boy amiibo to my Robin and Shulk Smash amiibos, I can definitely see the quality difference between the Smash and Splatoon amiibos. MY SQUID IS SO SHINY AND DETAILED AND HAS THIS WEIRD ORANGE TRIANGLE ON HIS INK CONTAINER BUT IT'S SO HIGH RES. Splatoon amiibo quality definitely beats out Smash amiibo quality.

I don't see much of a difference in their quality. And it's not because I don't particularly like the Inkling designs either. I think both lines are very good quality (in general, since things like Link's pee-stick exist).

Have you actually held one of the Splatoon amiibo in your hand and compared them directly to the Smash line? The Splatoon line seems to be made of a completely different type of plastic that makes them sturdier and considerably less flexible.

They also seem to be a lot more consistent in how they are made. There don't seem to be many (if any) defective Inklings like some on the Smash line are (Bent weapons, wall-eyed characters, broken stands, etc.)

That's awesome! ^^

And alrighty, I can do that. I don't think I can give you the exact amount since I mostly have fives and tens and twenties on me, but I can certainly give you at least $18.

And if my Exchange gets rares again (ones I don't want anyway), I'll be sure to do the same as you, because not everybody can shop here and since we get our shipments late or something for some reason, the stock is put on the shelves typically a few weeks after the initial release when you can't find these figures anywhere else. We got three Toads last week for instance, already gone.

With luck, I might make some Robin, Marth, and Lucina hunters here happy!

Yay! ^^

Because Lucina is sold for over 40 dollars everywhere now. Especially since it's not a rare product. Passing on the deal since I'm not willing to pay that much for it!

Hardly anyone can get it, its by far the rarest amiibo of this wave. Most gamestops were lucky to get even 4.

I got one after a 90minute wait on ness preorder release day.

Your best bet is to shell out an extra $10 and import Ness from Japan/Europe

Playasia.

Got mine there for 24.99 w free shipping.

Edit for slightly relevant. I'm an American boxed collected, and I'm missing WFT/Villager/Pit/LittleMac (and SMB!Mario/Luigi/Peach). Well I found someone willing to trade me a Pit for Lucina, which I'm taking the offer up on.

I also found someone willing to trade their Mac for Robin, but the Mac is slightly damaged. It's the best offer I've seen (as the other offers I've had hit me are My Robin+Lucina <-> Mac

I've also got a trade for a Meta Knight <-> Marth (possibly two of these trades coming in) and my local best buy was kind enough to supply me with three today, so I'll be making quite a few ppl happy I hope.

I'm planning on making the trade, since one-for-ones are pretty much my entire hope. What are your guys's thoughts on Robin<->Mac, given his box bend? I don't think it's that bad since it's at the seam, but it's still bent

78NpHFN.jpg

6ca6wbC.jpg

American.

Now non existent. :)

Updated collection:

5xIvxkt.jpg

Great collection.

Nice job getting the Splatoon pack. Since it is not going to be reprinted. Confirmed by that thieving Euro report.

Ya the pit will be NA.

I ended up ordering a JP Mac and JP Falcon for kinda trade fodder, I hope between those two, a spare random Charizard I got from Game.co.UK and maybe an Ike, I can net the two I'm missing and/or trade the bentbox Mac for a Mintbox Mac. Reddit is pretty cool with damaged box traders since some just want their macs to open and will trade their new ones for a damaged box since the Mac itself is handsome as heck

Japanese Pits are going well for Robins/Lucinas here in the states. At the moment its FE for FE with wildcards of Pit and stores exclusives like MK and Rosalina

Play Asia has them for 19.99 right now.

Ah, I see. I'm always sad to hear people say they don't like Ike, but that's reality for you...

And yeah, I understand not wanting to pay scalper prices. I wanted Rosalina that bad though, so I shelled out $38 for her... But she's the only one I've paid over $30 for. WFT and Lucario were bought for that price or less. And the rest of mine were bought at retail price.

30 for me. (Jap)

49.99 for my first one.

I think there were some non-preordered Ness amiibo at my GameStop when we went there yesterday at opening time. I only got the squid though, so shrug.

They have them separately here for those who didn't get the Splatoon pack. Stolen by thieves (Europe).

-----

I've just ordered a Greninja at Amazon for 30 dollars w free shipping since I have no Toys R US' within 100 miles from my area. :) Lucario obtained. 39.50. Because out of print.

But...Lucina is being put on hold as I'm not going to pay 40 dollars for it and they will get a reprint. I hope.

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Have you actually held one of the Splatoon amiibo in your hand and compared them directly to the Smash line? The Splatoon line seems to be made of a completely different type of plastic that makes them sturdier and considerably less flexible.

They also seem to be a lot more consistent in how they are made. There don't seem to be many (if any) defective Inklings like some on the Smash line are (Bent weapons, wall-eyed characters, broken stands, etc.)

The Splatoon amiibos also have a very abstracted and colourful design style to it which makes the amiibo look really good without good quality control. It's why a lot of the Disney Infinity looks really good.

Smash Bros 4 on the other hand tried really hard to replicate the official art as close as possible but it does not have the same cartoon style which is why most of the Fire Emblem and Zelda characters with the exception of Toon Link have a lot of problems to it. They have it the worst of the amiibo lineup looks.

Er, I would think that broken stands would be caused more by shipping than Nintendo's manufacturers. :/ As for the bent swords and all, that's true, but not EVERY single Link or Marth or Ike has a bent sword. When they don't have any defects, they look just as good as the Splatoon amiibo, if not better.

Also, kingddd has a point.

Er, I would think that broken stands would be caused more by shipping than Nintendo's manufacturers. :/ As for the bent swords and all, that's true, but not EVERY single Link or Marth or Ike has a bent sword. When they don't have any defects, they look just as good as the Splatoon amiibo, if not better.

Also, kingddd has a point.

Defects is something that should not happen. Defective units happen because the quality control was bad in the first place.

And I'm not talking mostly about how colorful or how cartoony the character designs are (although I agree that it helps make them look better). The Splatoon line of amiibo seems to be made of an entirely different material that actually makes them FEEL superior.

The Squid amiibo, for instance, despite being very simple in design, seems to have a lot more care put into it when compared to the more simple characters from the Smash line (Kirby, Pikachu, Yoshi). I was particularly surprised how sturdy the splotches in the Squid amiibo were, that feels like something that would have felt like it was about to break had it been part of the Smash line.

What? Nobody can 100% prevent defects. Because no manufacturer is 100% perfect.

Pikachu and Kirby and other simple characters look entirely fine to me compared to the Splatoon Amiibo. I've seen images of the Splatoon Amiibo up close too, I see very little difference in the quality.

Seriously, I know you love your precious Splatoon and all, but don't let so much bias get in the way. A little bias is fine, but seriously.

Seriously, I know you love your precious Splatoon and all, but don't let so much bias get in the way. A little bias is fine, but seriously.

I kind of feel that your anti-bias is preventing you from admitting anything good about Splatoon, even the amiibos. Some of those quality control details can't be detected just by looking at it through a box, you have to actually hold one. Which I doubt you've done.

I kind of feel that your anti-bias is preventing you from admitting anything good about Splatoon, even the amiibos. Some of those quality control details can't be detected just by looking at it through a box, you have to actually hold one. Which I doubt you've done.

Uh, didn't I just say above that the Splatoon Amiibo look high quality and well-made? That's something positive, isn't it?

"Your precious Splatoon"? Is that supposed to be a mockery?

I'm not being biased. I'm judging the amiibo I own by comparing them side by side. If anyone here is biased, it's you for not judging the figures without actually holding them. The stuff I'm talking about is not something you get from looking at screenshots.

No, I simply used those words because you seem to be obsessed with the game. I myself would call something I'm obsessed with precious to me too.

Anyway, whether I'm being biased or not, why the hell do I have to hold the figure to judge whether it looks good or not? That's completely stupid. Also, a video I watched had somebody holding the Splatoon boy side by side with Mario and DK.

Edited by Anacybele

at 8:22

the fire emblem amiibos are compatible with FE:if. They will show up in game with original art works and models apparently.

9HAcThJ.png

at 9:45

Announced on the recent Nintendo Direct, the NFC device is being released in Japan on July 30th individually for 2,500 jpy. You can also get the animal crossing furniture software bundle which includes the device for 5,000 jpy.

at 15:00

Chibi Robo Amiibo announced. Fall 2015

at 22:32

The amiibos can be scanned anytime for Yoshi Woolly World and a bundle announced for it in Japan. The Woolly World amiibo is release for July 16th in Japan.

at 23:54

Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Pikmin Olimar July 31st release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxgnYVD_-Q

OeXZ8hE.png

lqhF2mx.png

Edited by kingddd

In Japan they get things first

Anacybele plz PM me your address so I can ship MetaKnight tmrw

at 8:22

the fire emblem amiibos are compatible with FE:if. They will show up in game with original art works and models apparently.

9HAcThJ.png

at 9:45

Announced on the recent Nintendo Direct, the NFC device is being released in Japan on July 30th individually for 2,500 jpy. You can also get the animal crossing furniture software bundle which includes the device for 5,000 jpy.

at 15:00

Chibi Robo Amiibo announced. Fall 2015

at 22:32

The amiibos can be scanned anytime for Yoshi Woolly World and a bundle announced for it in Japan. The Woolly World amiibo is release for July 16th in Japan.

at 23:54

Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Pikmin Olimar July 31st release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUxgnYVD_-Q

OeXZ8hE.png

lqhF2mx.png

Now that is fucking awesome! Can't wait to use em. Of course I might have to invest in an adapter since I don't plan to get a new 3ds. Or maybe I do after this...