It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Well, I preordered a Roy amiibo and it was still in stock. That was nice. Also saw the Fates N3DS thing on display but I don't need to get that.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sort of surprising how much the Amiibo bubble has burst, compared to about a year ago. I was able to wait until the end of my shift and pick up Lucas like it was no big deal, despite all the factors that would've made his Amiibo nigh-impossible to get if it had come out in Wave 3 or 4. Same with Shovel Knight earlier this month (despite the fact that Shovel Knight most likely had one of the smallest print runs of any Amiibo due to being useful in only a single indie game). On one hand, it's great that I can get the characters I want without waiting in lines for hours just to pre-order or taking off work just to wake up early and wait outside of the store I work at for it to open. On the other hand, I hope the decline in Amiibo sales isn't hurting Nintendo too bad, especially combined with the lackluster sales of the Wii U (which is kind of a shame, since I consider it one of Nintendo's top three consoles along with the SNES and the also-underrated Gamecube). I'd hate for them to have to go the way of Sega to stay afloat.

Well, Amiibo stock has gotten better, so people no longer have to bust their butts to get them. I don't think this means Amiibo aren't selling like hotcakes anymore, though. As soon as a new wave comes out, I'm pretty sure they'll still sell great. These are figures of Nintendo's beloved characters, that can be used in multiple Nintendo games. They're not gonna die that easily.

Also, I'm not seeing any Amiibo that were once common anymore. At least not much. The Smash Mario characters are pretty much all gone, you can only find their SMB versions these days. And even those I don't see a lot of. I see more of the Amiibo that were once rare! I could walk into a GameStop now and see Ike, Shulk, Captain Falcon, and more now.

Edited by Anacybele

I went to a Best Buy a few weeks ago and they had more Lottie than they had Wii U games for sale.

Honestly, I can't wait for the Animal Crossing amiibo to be over because it's just an awful reminder that amiibo Festival exists...

It also helps that scalpers aren't interested in items that are going to be readily available. People aren't going to buy the store's entire stock now. All the restocks also helped get rid of people that were collecting only because they were rare. There was nothing more satisfying than hearing of people desperately trying to return their boxed amiibo once the restocks started flooding in.

I just realized... unless they're sensible and have the corrin amiibo do something in fates via an update, I dunno, something small like give you some of those weird crafting resources I heard about in My Castle...

...Then that would just be WEIRD. Corrin only has one canonical appearance, it's in a game set that uses amiibo, there's an amiibo of him... it would be so weird if the amiibo remained incompatible.

It's sort of surprising how much the Amiibo bubble has burst, compared to about a year ago. I was able to wait until the end of my shift and pick up Lucas like it was no big deal, despite all the factors that would've made his Amiibo nigh-impossible to get if it had come out in Wave 3 or 4. Same with Shovel Knight earlier this month (despite the fact that Shovel Knight most likely had one of the smallest print runs of any Amiibo due to being useful in only a single indie game). On one hand, it's great that I can get the characters I want without waiting in lines for hours just to pre-order or taking off work just to wake up early and wait outside of the store I work at for it to open. On the other hand, I hope the decline in Amiibo sales isn't hurting Nintendo too bad, especially combined with the lackluster sales of the Wii U (which is kind of a shame, since I consider it one of Nintendo's top three consoles along with the SNES and the also-underrated Gamecube). I'd hate for them to have to go the way of Sega to stay afloat.

Right? I figured Lucas would be all out by the time I got to the store, but there was plenty of stock. It's better, though. I don't want to pay over 13 bucks for an amiibo, lol.

Well I ended up getting Marth, but the base has black paint on it from the factory (It was new and sealed) any advice on fixing it up? Can I just rub the paint off?

Well I ended up getting Marth, but the base has black paint on it from the factory (It was new and sealed) any advice on fixing it up? Can I just rub the paint off?

I'm not responsable for any damege done to your figure

but try using a tiny amount of thinner on a q-tip

Preordered Roy the day after preorders went up

Glad that I'll finally be able to add an FE amiibo to my collection of an FE character who actually makes my top 5.

Once the Corrin amiibo comes out, I'll have to clear out a whole shelve just for FE characters lol

I'm not responsable for any damege done to your figure

but try using a tiny amount of thinner on a q-tip

That's was what I was thinking of doing to fix it just wanted to check to see if it might work, I know some plastics react to paint thinner and sort of dissolve I didn't figure these would do that, but that's more or less what I wanted to check. Thanks

Edited by Dwlr

Yeah I consider it a good thing. If nothing else online prices are no longer gouged all the way to hell. I actually saw three Lucas in my Target yesterday.

Just preordered Roy and Ryu.

Edited by LordTaco42

OBQPjy.jpg
fxHHkX.jpg
hTRwwF.jpg
nRUFHJ.jpg
Z0Y5w3.jpg
1rscvH.jpg
7g5E8x.jpg
HrBgmP.jpg
GAiZH4.jpg
1RCeNN.jpg

Splatoon Pack 34.99 Gamestop

ENgLcu.jpg
FJ0kG9.jpg
H61c3p.jpg
JZN97H.jpg

Mario Party 10 49.99
Already can use my Rosalina 2nd one, Luigi 2nd version, Toad and Gold Mario amiibos for this game!
kMgdr1.jpg
^amazon.com
SA8WRj.jpg

Just got my preorder of Roy today! :D

Just gotta pick it up for 7.99 on the 18th!

Edited by PuffPuff

Top selling amiibo in 2015 by region:

Source.

Japan:
1. Inkling Girl
2. Inkling Squid
3. Inkling Boy
4. Mario
5. Classic Mario
6. Modern Mario
7. Isabelle
8. Kirby
9. Green Yarn Yoshi
10. Digby

North America:
1. Link
2. Bowser
3. Toon Link
4. Mewtwo
5. Sonic
6. Pikachu
7. Classic Mario
8. Pac-Man
9. Mega Man
10. Ganondorf

Europe:
1. Classic Mario
2. Link
3. Inkling Squid
4. Green Yarn Yoshi
5. Mario
6. Smash Mario
7. Pikachu
8. Inkling Boy
9. Toad
10. Inkling Girl

Edited by Jave

Top selling amiibo in 2015 by region:

Source.

Japan:

1. Inkling Girl

2. Inkling Squid

3. Inkling Boy

4. Mario

5. Classic Mario

6. Modern Mario

7. Isabelle

8. Kirby

9. Green Yarn Yoshi

10. Digby

Time to make the Callie and Marie amiibo a reality .