It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Really bad news, guys. Rosalina isn't on Target's website anymore. She's gone. We'll never see her again. :( (at least the Smash version. She might eventually join the Super Mario series)

This is what we call "jumping to conclusions."

A Mario series character isn't going to be gone for good that fast. Give it a bit more time. Geez.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-read my post and I explain why I "jumped to conclusions."

Why would Target take her completely out of their merchandise database if she was going to be replenished? Trust me, I work at a retailer myself and I know how this system works.

Edited by Anacybele

I actually saw a Target statement that said Rosalina won't be getting another shipment, as well as many of wave 3 being "online only" and not in stores.

I was hoping Rosalina and Lucario would be common enough considering that they're recognizable (I think Rosalina might be slightly more popular than Peach don't quote me on that) but apparently not.

In other news I think Ike and Dedede might be stupidly rare, while MMan and Sonic will be maybe uncommish, judging by this TRU set up outline.

http://i.imgur.com/nTy1Wuv.jpg

Re-read my post and I explain why I "jumped to conclusions."

Why would Target take her completely out of their merchandise database if she was going to be replenished? Trust me, I work at a retailer myself and I know how this system works.

I responded before your edit.

I don't know. The whole situation is a jumbled mess, and for that very reason, while this is certainly worrying, I can't believe that it's enough to just jump to "gone forever."

Just keep your eyes open.

I'm not sure if this has been linked here before, but apparently even Sakurai himself is having trouble collecting them all (so much for the theory that they're all really easy to find in Japan).

Of course, I probably wouldn't be trying to collect them all if they weren't so hard to get. After getting Villager (which ended up being a smart move on my part) and Link to test out the Amiibo features in SSB4, I originally only intended on getting Shulk, Bowser, Lucina, and Duck Hunt Dog (hopefully my Gamestop at least has enough Shulks to fill the pre-orders. Lucina and Duck Hunt Dog are going to be a serious pain to get, too), but now I want to have a complete collection. I mean, I'm kind of upset that the Toys 'R Us near me went out of business early last month so that I can't get Lucario's Amiibo, and I hate Lucario.

I'm not trying to collect them all, it just so happens that many of the ones I want are being released in stupidly low quantities. -____-

But damn, if even Sakurai is having trouble with these, we DO have a problem here.

I actually saw a Target statement that said Rosalina won't be getting another shipment, as well as many of wave 3 being "online only" and not in stores.

I was hoping Rosalina and Lucario would be common enough considering that they're recognizable (I think Rosalina might be slightly more popular than Peach don't quote me on that) but apparently not.

In other news I think Ike and Dedede might be stupidly rare, while MMan and Sonic will be maybe uncommish, judging by this TRU set up outline.

http://i.imgur.com/nTy1Wuv.jpg

I wouldnt be surprised if Rosalina gets a relaunch because of Mario Kart and stuff though.

As for Dedede, yeah figures. I want my Dedede, dammit! Its becoming increasingly frustrating by virtue that my amiibo are both already paid for.

Im not out to get them all. I want Robin, Lucina, maybe an Ike, Duck Hunt, and Ganny. Like i said, if i cant get em here, ill European import.

According to a random tangent in a Game Xplain video on Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shulk pre-orders have apparently been cancelled by Gamestop due to not having enough stock to meet demand. Oddly enough, I've received no notification about this (I probably should, since I need to get my $13 + tax refunded). So, hopefully just some of the pre-orders were cancelled and mine wasn't one of them because I pre-ordered so early (all the way back in November) and paid in full. If my pre-order is cancelled, I hope I can still get Shulk, but since GameStop opens at 10 and I don't get off work at Target until 10:30 next Friday, Shulk and all the other rare Amiibos launching that day will almost certainly be gone by the time I get there.

People were crying "Gone forever" on Marth and he's getting restocked later this year.

I have the feeling that Smash Rosalina WILL be restocked. Not anytime soon, but at some point.

There's the SMW Rosalina coming eventually. Not the Smash one though, but hopefully she'll still look nice...

But was Marth ever actually removed from any retailer's database? Rosalina is not on Target's anymore.

Actually I think he has from many, as well as the rest of the rare figures.

EDIT: Marth isn't listed on Best Buy, Toys R Us, or Walmart.

He's still listed on Target, which is surprising tbh since their site doesn't list other rares (Pit etc.)

Edited by Zak still something

But was Marth ever actually removed from any retailer's database? Rosalina is not on Target's anymore.

That doesn't mean anything. Items are removed from retailers' websites all the time and eventually put back. Target removing Rosalina from their database could simply mean Nintendo hasn't confirmed a restock, it doesn't mean it can't happen ever again.

According to a random tangent in a Game Xplain video on Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shulk pre-orders have apparently been cancelled by Gamestop due to not having enough stock to meet demand. Oddly enough, I've received no notification about this (I probably should, since I need to get my $13 + tax refunded). So, hopefully just some of the pre-orders were cancelled and mine wasn't one of them because I pre-ordered so early (all the way back in November) and paid in full. If my pre-order is cancelled, I hope I can still get Shulk, but since GameStop opens at 10 and I don't get off work at Target until 10:30 next Friday, Shulk and all the other rare Amiibos launching that day will almost certainly be gone by the time I get there.

Its likely that Gamestop stopped taking preorders for Shulk because they arent getting enough of them to fill more than they already have (preorders). I doubt those of us who paid for ours are going to be canceled. I preordered mine right about the same time you did if i recall. (too lazy to find the receipt) Also they likely ceased taking any more online preorders. im likely the only Shulk preorder in my area anyway. I dont think im going to get jipped here.

Edit: hmmm...

0a227a0b34106bb47f2ac8f3d9dd8abb.png

Yeah im gonna expect my Shulk when i pick up MM3DS.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

My Shulk was an online pre-order and the status page still says "Open". I'm assuming it will come in next week.

According to a random tangent in a Game Xplain video on Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shulk pre-orders have apparently been cancelled by Gamestop due to not having enough stock to meet demand.

I have a feeling that this was a misunderstanding. As far as I'm aware, people are always notified if a pre-order gets cancelled.

...FUCK.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK, NINTENDO. GameStop too.

I just checked my order history and my Ike Amiibo order is closed! WTF, I didn't receive an email about this or ANYTHING! I'm getting TIRED of this bullshit and I was looking forward to using my Ike Amiibo in Codename Steam. This was fully paid for too and now I've lost my fucking money. THANKS A FUCKING LOT, ALL OF YOU.

*sniff*

I waited years for an official Ike figure to be made. And when one finally is, and I preorder it very early (way back in early December), I STILL CAN'T FUCKING GET IT. You guys don't know how much this hurts... I'm honestly in tears. Ike is my favorite video game character besides Luigi!

Edited by Anacybele

That's only if I put it to have it shipped to my house, which I didn't. I prefer to go to the store to get my stuff because I usually get it faster that way. There's no need to ship it anywhere in this case (besides the store itself).

Besides, you said you got an email about it. I didn't get one.

Therefore, the only possible explanation is that my order's been canceled just like that.