It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

I have heard no word on my Shulk yet.

I went to GameStop over the weekend when I was hanging out with my friends. Granted, I only asked about Shulk (and Sheik, because one of my friends wanted her) but it appears that the stores are getting shipments every 3-4 days or so. In other words, they're not getting them all at once, but like … small shipments of each and then they get sent more whenever their suppliers get around to it? At least, if I recall correctly. Since Shulk and Sheik were said to be coming in on either this Friday or Saturday, I can only assume Ike is coming like 3-4 days after them.

The employees of both GameStops I've been to were very frustrated with this whole fiasco as well, it's so totally not their fault and I'm sure that there are some people who are taking out their frustration on them. But yeah, it's definitely a good idea to ask them for more details if you have a question on an amiibo, because it's probably just a good idea to keep up with whatever the store you ordered from is doing, not a bunch of GameStops that aren't relevant to you.

Yeah they really are pretty frustrated with this. My GameStop knows my face pretty well. They also know im the one knee deep in Amiibo Hell. Mine will likely call me the day the preorder shows up. (since i did in-store preordering) Still no word on Dedede? D:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ike order (alongside Sonic and Megaman) from Gamestop still is labeled as open even though I've been charged already I got the email saying it was delayed about a week ago but no update. Everything else including Shulk, TL, and Sheik shipped though.

Then mine must have been canceled, because it's listed as closed and I've gotten no emails about it. :(

I could've sworn I fully paid for it though. And I put it in early.

EDIT: Also, the definition of a closed order as stated on the GameStop website: the order has been completely shipped or canceled. Seeing as my Ike figure has obviously not been shipped, canceled is the only possibility here.

It's really really unfair.

Edited by Anacybele

Then mine must have been canceled, because it's listed as closed and I've gotten no emails about it. :(

I could've sworn I fully paid for it though. And I put it in early.

EDIT: Also, the definition of a closed order as stated on the GameStop website: the order has been completely shipped or canceled. Seeing as my Ike figure has obviously not been shipped, canceled is the only possibility here.

It's really really unfair.

You could at least call the guys and demand them to tell you what exactly is even going on. Are you sure you pre-ordered online? You could at least stop by your local Gamestop and ask.

Yes, I did, I've repeatedly checked my order history to see if it's still open and the order has been there since I put it in.

I'm going to find out what the hell is up with this when I get my Toon Link tomorrow, you can count on that.

Still, I've wanted an official Ike figure for years. It's going to hurt so hard if I don't get this one. I waited so long for this to happen, and then to be denied a figure still, it's just... It would feel like a punch to the gut. In fact, it kind of already does even though I haven't yet asked my local GameStop about it.

Right. Still, it sucks ass... People like you are getting an Ike figure and I'm probably not despite how early I put the order in and that I'm sure I paid for it. I don't have any reason to get Codename Steam now either. I guess I save some money there, but I really really wanted to kick some alien ass with Ike in it.

Edited by Anacybele

If I didn't know you, I would think you're so convinced it's cancelled because you want it to be cancelled.

For the love of God, be patient. If it says "Cancelled," get mad. If other people start getting their Ike amiibos and you don't get yours, get mad. Stop assuming the worst of every situation, it's honestly getting annoying.

That's crazy, I don't want it to be canceled. And read what I said before. The definition of a closed order on GameStop.com is an order that has been fully shipped or canceled. Obviously, my Ike Amiibo doesn't fall into the former.

Before I saw this and before Taco brought up his order still being open, I was being optimistic about getting my figure. Now, not so much.

...You know what, I didn't. I don't pay much attention to what's in the spam folder, I just delete it because I pretty much never got anything in there except...well, spam. You could be right though.

That's crazy, I don't want it to be canceled. And read what I said before. The definition of a closed order on GameStop.com is an order that has been fully shipped or canceled. Obviously, my Ike Amiibo doesn't fall into the former.

Before I saw this and before Taco brought up his order still being open, I was being optimistic about getting my figure. Now, not so much.

On second thought, my Shulk order is labeled as closed yet I have a shipping confirmation email and tracking number is by the order on the gamestop site so I'm pretty sure it just means that your order is on the way as long as there is a tracking number beside it. All the while my Ike order which I got as a guest on the site is still labeled as open with no tracking yet. I placed the preorder for Ike on 12/6. I presume its probably more of an issue with local stores getting them in stock to ship out especially if you choose one day shipping like I did with Ike.

Edited by LordTaco42

By the way, Fox is available online again at Gamestop, for those who missed him.

I wish I wasn't completely broke until Friday. Oh well.

In any case, there are 13 Smash Bros. characters who haven't been announced yet, not counting the Mii Fighters and Mewtwo, who may or may not get one:

1. Bowser Jr.

2. Dark Pit

3. Duck Hunt

4. Greninja

5. Palutena

6. Dr. Mario

7. Falco

8. Ganondorf

9. Jigglypuff

10. Mr. Game & Watch

11. Olimar

12. ROB

13. Zero Suit Samus

Do you think they'll all be released in Wave 5, or will there be a Wave 6? If there are two waves, which ones will be in which? Which ones will be the "common" ones among this bunch. They all look pretty likely to be rare to me, except possibly Olimar (maybe Bowser Jr., Greninja, and Jigglypuff all have a chance of being common, though I'm less certain of this now that more popular characters of their respective series have been ultra-rare exclusives). Or, maybe Nintendo has woken up to how popular these things are and will print a huge number of both Wave 4 and Wave 5 (and possibly Wave 6, if they split up the final thirteen). I'll admit, it'll be funny to see Palutena and Dark Pit everywhere while Pit is still impossible to find (Robin and Lucina being easier to find than Marth despite him being the series mascot actually makes a bit of sense, outside of Japan at least).

In any case, there are 13 Smash Bros. characters who haven't been announced yet, not counting the Mii Fighters and Mewtwo, who may or may not get one:

1. Bowser Jr.

2. Dark Pit

3. Duck Hunt

4. Greninja

5. Palutena

6. Dr. Mario

7. Falco

8. Ganondorf

9. Jigglypuff

10. Mr. Game & Watch

11. Olimar

12. ROB

13. Zero Suit Samus

Do you think they'll all be released in Wave 5, or will there be a Wave 6? If there are two waves, which ones will be in which? Which ones will be the "common" ones among this bunch. They all look pretty likely to be rare to me, except possibly Olimar (maybe Bowser Jr., Greninja, and Jigglypuff all have a chance of being common, though I'm less certain of this now that more popular characters of their respective series have been ultra-rare exclusives). Or, maybe Nintendo has woken up to how popular these things are and will print a huge number of both Wave 4 and Wave 5 (and possibly Wave 6, if they split up the final thirteen). I'll admit, it'll be funny to see Palutena and Dark Pit everywhere while Pit is still impossible to find (Robin and Lucina being easier to find than Marth despite him being the series mascot actually makes a bit of sense, outside of Japan at least).

I think they'll split them up into two more waves, though I'd rather them all be in one last wave. If they are split up, they'd probably release the rest of the starting characters, then the unlockables. Maybe something like:

5: Palutena, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf, Olimar, Jigglypuff, Greninja, ZSS

6: ROB, Falco, Dr. Mario, Mr. G&W, Duck Hunt, Dark Pit

Either way, as long as Palutena is in the next wave, I'll be happy.

Edited by Tsunami922

They'd better release the rest of them - some of us have mains in that list! :P:

I'm considering the Fox amiibo for the time being, but I just had a giant car repair bill. . .

On second thought, my Shulk order is labeled as closed yet I have a shipping confirmation email and tracking number is by the order on the gamestop site so I'm pretty sure it just means that your order is on the way as long as there is a tracking number beside it. All the while my Ike order which I got as a guest on the site is still labeled as open with no tracking yet. I placed the preorder for Ike on 12/6. I presume its probably more of an issue with local stores getting them in stock to ship out especially if you choose one day shipping like I did with Ike.

My Ike order has no tracking number. But neither do the rest of my orders, and I'm assuming that's because I set it to pick up at store. I always feel it's quicker than just waiting around for stuff to show up in the mail.

I placed my order two days after you. I guess I did order too late after all...

1. Bowser Jr.

2. Dark Pit

3. Duck Hunt

4. Greninja

5. Palutena

6. Dr. Mario

7. Falco

8. Ganondorf

9. Jigglypuff

10. Mr. Game & Watch

11. Olimar

12. ROB

13. Zero Suit Samus

Hopefully its in one last wave but I think it will be two. Out of those I want to get ZSS, Palutena, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, and maybe Olimar.

@Ana if you ordered for instore pickup its might be different it could be saying closed because they've already got it and they're just waiting for stock to give them all out at once. I doubt ordering 2 days later made much of a difference given that the preorder option went away at like the end of December.

People in here acting like imports are not an option and it's all over if Gamestop doesn't deliver. Ike is still abundant on Amazon UK and selling at retail price.

Yeah I'm actually suprised how cheap figures like Ike and Rosalina are on Amazon right now I would of thought they would of gone up alot. Although Little Mac, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer are all pretty expensive right now.

King Deedle

Ahahahahahahah

I've waited my entire life for somehting like this!

T9FC2g.png

Another letter from Nintendo today. Yes, it is wonderful, but many are hard to come by.

-----

They have to have something planned with Rosalina. Cutting her off after one shipment doesn't make sense at all. -.- Let's hope that she gets a remake amiibo next month. The Shulk ones won't go away for awhile as the Xenoblade 3D game will likely stop them from going out of production. But...having to succumb to importing is all you can do if you hate the scalpers. x.x

This made me chuckle. 6000 ppl or so in every country gets to AMP UP THEIR GAME. Though i read something about cards replacing amiibo, somehow, but idk it's still against the point of the advertisement