Valkyria Chronicles PC Port Confirmed

IGdood

You might be waiting awhile, as this has "blown away" Sega's sales expectations.

(I don't know what they expected - are their speculators in a time loop from 2006? - but whatever. #1 game on Steam probably isn't going below 10% off for awhile)

So...Sega expected a better sale from VC1?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have the game on my ol' faithful PS3 so its whatever. But holy fuck do I love this series to death. One of the most innovative strategy games ever. Welkin is such a great protagonist.

VC2 was ugh. But it had Crispin Freeman and Zeri was a wtf strong unit. Darcens OP.

VC3. Oh lawdy VC3. Ending almost had me in tears. Kurt too stronk pls nerf.

So I just gave the game a shot. Finally got to a point where I did A Lot of Administrative Things. . .

. . .and then the damn game crashed. NOT looking forward to redoing it all.

The gameplay's not quite my thing, as actually moving my units while under fire isn't my idea of fun. I'm SO glad I can screw around in Targeting Mode!

Also not happy with the narrator spoiling everything. . .I KNOW it's a stylistic issue, but giving away bits of the story before I get there makes me sad. I'm also pretty bad at this game - got the hell out of Beginning Town, and have gotten a solid D ranking.

Don't regret purchasing this~!

Edited by eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

HOORAY PATCH! Goodbye crashing issue! Onward!

I just hit the first truly awful chapter, and thanks to a lot of help from Furet, got past it! I'm getting the hang of moving, stopping to aim, shooting, and getting out before all hell breaks loose. Now that I've got the full range of units, this game is a lot of fun! The profiles amuse me, as does the drill sergeant.

Poor Isara...now I know more about you...it makes me even sadder by the fact that you are going to buy the farm.

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry, I forgot not there are many people who havent played the sequels, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry, my bad.

Edited by Magical Amber

• 2 weeks later...

:sweatdrop:

I'm up to Chapter 14. I like how every unit has its time to shine, and that unconventional strategies (read: "dearest clipsey, what made you think that was a Good Idea?") can get me out of a jam. For example. . .

[spoiler=Chapter 13]I used Zaka to stall for a single turn - long enough for me to blow up the heavy tank, kill most of the enemies, and capture the enemy's main camp. Somehow, the eight or so units used to storm the camp survived. Do not screw with an angry Largo, or the Shocktrooper Chorus (starring Rosie, Salinas, and Jane).

EDIT: Chapter 14 can die in a hole.

Edited by eclipse

• 4 weeks later...

So I started this game last night, though on PS3. Now I am seeing that the Steam version actually has all the DLC included. Is the DLC good/worth it? I'm not exactly sure what to do if I decide I want to play it...

So I started this game last night, though on PS3. Now I am seeing that the Steam version actually has all the DLC included. Is the DLC good/worth it? I'm not exactly sure what to do if I decide I want to play it...

You can play the mission where you play as Valk Selvaria and pretty much nuke the entire map with GIANT AZURE LAZER BEAMS OF ANNIHILISTIC DEATH AND DESTRUCTION LOLZ!

You can play the mission where you play as Valk Selvaria and pretty much nuke the entire map with GIANT AZURE LAZER BEAMS OF ANNIHILISTIC DEATH AND DESTRUCTION LOLZ!

That doesn't answer my question.

I'm also on Ch. 6 and don't know who that is.

If I'm reading stuff right, there's at least one DLC weapon available. Whether or not it's any good is another matter - I haven't gotten to that point yet!

That would be the Ruhm for Behind Her Blue Flame. It's the best Shocktrooper weapon period. Essentially, 700 range, A-rank aim, and a LOT of pain.

So far I gotten up to Chapter 16 and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected.

Also scouts are so good in this game especially once they get those grenade launchers. Image related.

cr4Dywa.png

So my entire playthrough can be summed as.

Conserving my units,

never let them die once,

not bum rushing and making careless run ins

D rank.

I love how the ranking system requires you to bum rush.

Edited by kingddd

Other units? What are those?

scout rush is best rush.

Although I do love using the demolition boost on shocktroopers to cheese kill those tanks. It makes lancers useless.

Edited by kingddd

Do you mind spoilering that stuff? Not everyone's finished the game!

Erm, you can play the DLC at just about any time you want, so while it is worth a spoiler warning, it isn't a full-on "hush-hush" past chapter 5 where the main enemy is revealed *right there.*

Erm, you can play the DLC at just about any time you want, so while it is worth a spoiler warning, it isn't a full-on "hush-hush" past chapter 5 where the main enemy is revealed *right there.*

d1e29eef17298c60307f0334ae8b8d45.png

4c622a450a4be9e63bf05eaabbdf16b3.png

6e793a7cc41a06eb693c6ac568bf444e.png

when eclipse talks

you should listen

and not be condescending about it

(Why would you even play the DLC first. What sense does that even make.)

anyway I personally have discovered the only good thing about scouts. They don't take much movement investment to catch up to your actual good troops (armour, troopers, etc.) and can work for support. Yet to get them to elite, though - and hopefully they won't be a massive letdown like the trooper promotion.

Edited by Parrhesia

anyway I personally have discovered the only good thing about scouts. They don't take much movement investment to catch up to your actual good troops (armour, troopers, etc.) and can work for support. Yet to get them to elite, though - and hopefully they won't be a massive letdown like the trooper promotion.

movement is one of the most important element of the game. Not to mention that the game demands you to have a low turn count in order to get that A rank. I've actually completed one or two main story missions with just one scout only with A rank no less. Heck one mission requires you to use two scouts in a single turn if you ever have the hope of actually beating the mission. You can cheese the game so much with them.

Edited by kingddd

Scouts (and by that I mostly mean Alicia) are by far the best units in the game. You can basically win everything by just buffing your scouts and having them run past everything.

Scouts (and by that I mostly mean Alicia) are by far the best units in the game. You can basically win everything by just buffing your scouts and having them run past everything.

yeah that sure sounds fun and entertaining, to avoid combat in this, a game revolving around fighting

I get Bs and Cs. And if you actually intend your scouts to fight, they're pretty substandard - but better than a second or third trooper who doesn't have the movement to keep up when you don't always have a spare command point for them.