Which Japan-only FE games would you like to see remade or localized?

Anacybele

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Japan-only FE games do you want to see remade/localized?

• Gaiden
    • New Mystery of the Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • The Binding Blade

You missed out Igrene, also given the Danved/Devdan and Largo-> Calill transfers Geitz ->Geese doesn't seem that unreasonable

Doh :facepalm:

Still, I'd find it difficult to feel a generation feature would be anything other than shoehorned in as far as FE6 and FE7 are concerned..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Geese was Geitz's brother? o.O

I've...never heard of any "BS Fire Emblem."

It's when you get killed because of a 1%crit

In FE3/FE12 there's 4 bonus maps with events leading up to or happening during FE1. Like Rickard trying to rob the palace, Minerva and Hardin joining up Camus helping Nyna flee etc. (I forget what the first one was)

Edited by Mikethfc

It's a game, you should add it. I think it may already be a remake, but I'm not sure.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Akaneia_Saga

Not sure about the details though.

Those chapters already were remade as bonus content for FE12 so I doubt they'd get expanded into another full game.

Stranger things have happened, I guess.

The subplot stuff with the assassins is inserted incredibly poorly into FE12's script as well.

Whether you like the story itself or not, the timing of the gaidens is hilariously hamfisted. Take 3x: Immediately after a supposedly dramatic moment where Marth rejects Lang's authority and swears to save the Grustian Royals, even if it goes against Hardin's wishes, and there is a huge sense of established urgency...oh theres somebody in the mountains here and those assassins from like, last year, lets go stop them guiz! (doesn't help Chris forced him/herself into the scene badly when it was supposed to be Jeigan that got the ball rolling but whatever).

Or 13x, where for pretty much no good reason than "oh there might be something there" they decide to BACK OUT OF THE ENTRANCE OF THE DRAGON SHRINE WHICH THEY'VE SPENT THREE CHAPTERS TREKKING TOO.

Holy shit.

Really when it comes to FE12's writing, it's mostly 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Even if Chris is an oaf they do let some other characters bounce off them well. But there's really no reason why they have to support with nearly everybody, or had to come up with some terrible ass tropey conventions to slam some characters into for the sake of it. I'm aware that the original FE3 Marth wasn't exactly as particularly strong willed as he was in Shadow Dragon, but there's a difference between humility and "ohh I'd be so lost without you at every avenue Chris!", and the final nail in the coffin was as outlined prior.

Edited by Irysa

FE4/5, no question. Not only are they my favourite games but I think it'd be interesting to see how some of the content gets past the censors.

I'd also be interested in Gaiden, just because it's such a unique title.

My main problem with FE12's avatar is how he makes Marth seem like an incompetent strategist who requires another guy to function. This'd be all fine and dandy if he were someone like Chrom, a new character introduced into the setting, not an established character who defeated half the known world in the last game.

Edited by Knight

Those chapters already were remade as bonus content for FE12 so I doubt they'd get expanded into another full game.

Stranger things have happened, I guess.

Well, in this case, I might as well just leave the poll as is. The chapters are part of FE12 now, which is in the poll, so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see Gaiden first, it is next on the list of remakes, a side story on anither continent. The trilogy must be remade and localized. Jugdral and Elibe should be remade after Gaiden and New Mystery of the Emblem. You have to know about the present before you get to the past or future.

I've never bought or played any of those before (even through emulators), so obviously all of them. Though I would like some of them remade and localized instead of just localized.

Edited by Ryo