Which Japan-only FE games would you like to see remade or localized?

Anacybele

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Japan-only FE games do you want to see remade/localized?

• Gaiden
    • New Mystery of the Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • The Binding Blade

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avatar would not work in Jugdral. Just....nope.

This basically. The story is really about it's main characters solely, an avatar would take too much attention away. That said, it'd be cool if you got to design your character in old age.

Well, if there was an avatar character, you know they'd have to let everyone have their "waifus" or whatever the kids are saying these days. And people would be hella pissed that they can't have their avatars marry Ethlyn or Dierdre.

Also I genuinely forgot FE12 wasn't localized.

Well, if there was an avatar character, you know they'd have to let everyone have their "waifus" or whatever the kids are saying these days. And people would be hella pissed that they can't have their avatars marry Ethlyn or Dierdre.

I can legitimately see this as something that would happen. Reclassing would also be really broken, everyone becomes master knight.

This basically. The story is really about it's main characters solely, an avatar would take too much attention away. That said, it'd be cool if you got to design your character in old age.

... But FE12 happened. I do wonder if they'd live through Chapter 5 though.

What if avatar was just a unit that got mentioned like once or twice in the story?

That would be nice, but way too hopeful. Given their current track record, you know IS would make it a wish fulfillment fantasy like Awakening. Sigurd would thank them at every opportunity. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if Sigurd let this hypothetical avatar fuck his wife.

Back on topic, we should get FE6 so both Marth and Roy are in the west :P

WRT FE4, I have to agree with the sentiment that it'd need some fine-tuning, in no small part because it feels kinda archaic, from what I've seen of it, to say nothing of how different it is from the rest of the series.

I just hope they realize the difference between modernizing and "making it like the rest of the series".

A modernization would be something like everyone has pursuit and significantly upping the pace of the game, and maybe increase the mov range of all foot units by 1 tile. Oh, and selecting the amount of money you give out with the give command.

I just hope they realize the difference between modernizing and "making it like the rest of the series".

A modernization would be something like everyone has pursuit and significantly upping the pace of the game, and maybe increase the mov range of all foot units by 1 tile. Oh, and selecting the amount of money you give out with the give command.

I'm not sure that a move increase for foot units would be a (very) good way to address the imbalance between foot soldiers and cavalry - Rescue sounds like a superior alternative imho.

If "remake" warrants the total character assassination of established cast for the sake of a fucking self insert then I want absoloutely none of them ever being remade.

If it doesn't then sure, why not all of them.

If "remake" warrants the total character assassination of established cast for the sake of a fucking self insert then I want absoloutely none of them ever being remade.

If it doesn't then sure, why not all of them.

FE12 pls. I feel ya there. That's why I can't trust IS to remake any other FE. FE12 was painful and 13 more so but at least 13 didn't nuke an already existing cast.

Thracia 776 gets my vote, since what I've read about its gameplay mechanics sounded quite interesting.

Binding Blade would probably be the most logical game to come stateside though, since its prequel did. And I wouldn't mind that at all, since Blazing Sword's my favorite Fire Emblem game (not saying much, since the only other one I've played is Awakening). Really though, they should just localize all the fuckers. I'd buy the shit outta them, though I'm totally okay if they'd rather leave it up to emulators and fan translations to get the job done for the English audience instead of taking our money.

For the older pre-GBA games though, I'd like to see them get the remake treatment.

FE12 pls. I feel ya there. That's why I can't trust IS to remake any other FE. FE12 was painful and 13 more so but at least 13 didn't nuke an already existing cast.

Word to the third. I think FE7 ought to be remade in the vein of FE12/13 just so everyone who loves and treasures the FE7 cast can feel the pain of their favorite characters getting stomped by the self-insert. :P

However, since the thread asks about the Japan-only games, I am morbidly curious to see FE4 remade, especially if it included things like Pair Up and reclassing.

I haven't played Awakening yet but do people really dislike FE12 because of the Avatar? I don't remember the Avatar even being relevant outside of the thing with Katarina and the Supports with the Avatar didn't really seem offensive to me, either. Granted, I didn't really finish FE3 Book 2 at all, but still, FE12 seemed pretty good to me.

Is that really the only reason? Because then I don't get how the rest of the cast was stomped by the Avatar considering he's pretty secondary and only appears every now and then to say he's loyal to Marth and blah blah blah. I honestly didn't mind that and I prefer that to a self-insert that has actual relevance in the plot (which seems to be the case in Awakening). The only time the Avatar is important are, as I said, the subplot with Katarina, which I actually loved.

There were certain moments where originally Jeigan though of some approach to a difficult situation, but he was swapped with the MU/Kris in FE12, for example. A lot of these minor occurrences exist. It doesn't help that Kris is always acting like a complete idiot.

The greatest offense - IMO - was in the epilogue where Marth accredited all of his achievements to Kris. But of course he declined since he's valorous and humble and ugh.

Edited by Topazd255

The greatest offense - IMO - was in the epilogue where Marth accredited all of his achievements to Kris. But of course he declined since he's valorous and humble and ugh.

"There is not a soul who does not know of Marth, Hero King and savior."

"But there are few who know that person."

The hero of Light and the Hero of Shadow.

...literally a mirror. An equal to Marth.

I mean I'm not as offended as other people, but I understand their frustration about Kris.

I haven't played Awakening yet but do people really dislike FE12 because of the Avatar? I don't remember the Avatar even being relevant outside of the thing with Katarina and the Supports with the Avatar didn't really seem offensive to me, either. Granted, I didn't really finish FE3 Book 2 at all, but still, FE12 seemed pretty good to me.

Fe12 is a good game and all but adding the pointless Katarina sideplot and making everyone else in the story less relevant especially Marth and Jeigan is irritating at best

The Avatar replacing Jagen as the generic advisor of the game is not a big deal to me at all because they all sound the same when they're in that role. The usual "oh wow the Avatar so good" flattery of the Epilogue is indeed a bit annoying and expected when a self-insert character is introduced but it didn't seem to adversely affect the main plot of the game where the Avatar is irrelevant, so it didn't change the FE12 experience to me.

With this said, I do think it would be easier to not even include an Avatar at all if they're going to be irrelevant. Since FE12 was a remake and they wanted to test the idea of the Avatar, it was understandable to make the character not that important, but in FE14 they could just make the Avatar the main character/Lord and be done with it... or not include an Avatar at all. Would the newcomers to the franchise even miss the Avatar?

Edited by Axie

There were certain moments where originally Jeigan though of some approach to a difficult situation, but he was swapped with the MU/Kris in FE12, for example. A lot of these minor occurrences exist. It doesn't help that Kris is always acting like a complete idiot.

Well, you also have the original FE3 cast fleshed out in ways that don't even match to their established characterization from SNES times. (No, really, some characters actually had characterization prior to FE12.) It wasn't all bad. Some of the new things FE12 created to embellish the characters turned out well. But the claim of "character assassination" above isn't far off in other cases-- some characters now feel like tropey re-hashes of the characters from mid-period FE games. And it really didn't help that Kris was a blockhead.

Just how many FE6 characters are actually children of characters who appeared in FE7??

There's...

Eliwood-Roy

Rath-Sue

Rebecca-Wolt

Pent & Louise - Clarine & Klein

Nino - Lugh and Ray

Hector - Lilina

Bartre & Karla - Fir

Canas - Hugh

...And that's all I can think of. I dunno - a generational feature sounds like it'd only be shoehorned in imho, given that it'd only affect a handful of the cast.

You missed out Igrene, also given the Danved/Devdan and Largo-> Calill transfers Geitz ->Geese doesn't seem that unreasonable