Xenoblade Chronicles X

solrocknroll

omgomgomg

This looks so good. It seems like we already have 4 PCs, with Avatar MC, Elma, Rin (black haired girl), and Tatsu all being part members. We also have a new logo.

This is just a general discussion/hype topic I guess.

Edited by Apricot Luma

I was thinking of doing a XCX topic myself. Guess you beat me to the punch xp

Xenoblade Chronicles was a real surprise for me. I had heard of the game thanks to all to Operation Rainfall, but I wasn't that interested in the game. I mostly picked it up due to favorable reviews and stumbling on it at my local EB games while looking for a game to play. I knew I had made a good purchase the moment the title screen appeared. It's not often that I stay on the title screen instead of going straight to the game, but the music and scenery was just so beautiful and captivating that I just had to stay and listen for minutes before pressing start (the title screen is now my screen saver, music included).

And the game just got better from there. I can't say it's my favorite game of all time, but it's definitely in my top 3. The OST is probably my favorite video game soundtrack and night time Satorl Marsh is probably my favorite video game locale. I must say I'm really glad I picked this game up, especially considering how much of a rarity it is now thanks to the limited prints.

So considering that in regard to Xenoblade Chronicles X, I must say that I'm both hyped and anxious. Hyped because it's a sequel to one of my favorite game, but anxious because I have so many high expectations for it. Hiroyuki Sawano has made some great tracks for really popular anime, but I'm skeptic it will be able to measure up to the XC OST (who has Yoko Shimomura, ACE+, Manami Kiyota and Yasunori Mitsuda behind it).

I also feel the same way about the Avatar MC. On one hand, I like the customization it will bring, but on the other hand, I'm afraid an amnesiac seemingly mute protag will undermine the story's potential. Shulk was a really great lead in XC and it was nice to see him develop as a character, something that is usually difficult to achieve with an avatar MC.

Anyhow, I'm still really hyped about the game and can't wait for it to come out since it looks absolutely gorgeous and gigantic and it seems to follow XC gameplay-wise. The premise of the story and the little bits that were shown in the E3 2014 trailer also seemed interesting. But I'm trying to control my hype in the case that it can't live up to my expectations as the spiritual sequel to one of my favorite game ever.

I really do hope the OST is just as good as it was in Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, I'm really tempted to make a player character based of of Reyn/Shulk. Have'nt decided yet though.

I'm hyped for this as well but I've missed out on some info. Did they mention how customizable the MC is?

I think they showed a bit of it in one of the treehouse gameplay footage and stated that there was a lot of options, but its been a while since I've seen it so I could be wrong.

I really do hope the OST is just as good as it was in Xenoblade Chronicles. Also, I'm really tempted to make a player character based of of Reyn/Shulk. Have'nt decided yet though.

This is actually my biggest concern. Xenoblade had my favorite OST in a non crossover (Smash Bros 4), and I don't know if Sawano can hold up to ACE+ and Shimomura of all people.

Compare the main themes (they released the main theme on the japanese site). I mean, the new one's still great, but Shimomura's original Main Theme is uncontested to me.

This is actually my biggest concern. Xenoblade had my favorite OST in a non crossover (Smash Bros 4), and I don't know if Sawano can hold up to ACE+ and Shimomura of all people.

Compare the main themes (they released the main theme on the japanese site). I mean, the new one's still great, but Shimomura's original Main Theme is uncontested to me.

Some people already uploaded it to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOzx6-VrsZY

Really looking forward to this game. Though I do agree that I'm a little anxious that it won't live up to the hype of being the successor to my favorite game of all time. Everything I've seen of it so far has been flawless, though. I personally love the character customization even if it will probably mean less development for the protagonist (and, one the other hand, if they make the customized protagonist too important to the story, it will make them a springboard for loads of bad fanfiction. See: Fire Emblem Awakening).

It seems like Nintendo might be trying to turn Xenoblade into their answer to the fact that Squeenix won't release mainline Final Fantasy games for Nintendo's consoles. I think it's a great idea, because the first Xenoblade was better than any Final Fantasy game I've played, even the greats like FFIV and FFVI.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I went into Xenoblade Chronicles with no expectations and was thoroughly blown away but I don't know how that will effect my enjoyment of the sequel.

I'm really hoping side quests stay to the side of the game and aren't the main focus (which is why I'm so cautious about the game because everything I hear about the game tells me that you go around cataloging all of these creatures) because I hate when that happens in JRPGs and I pretty much kill the game when that happens. Xenoblade really simplified the quest process and I still don't like it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I went into Xenoblade Chronicles with no expectations and was thoroughly blown away but I don't know how that will effect my enjoyment of the sequel.

I'm really hoping side quests stay to the side of the game and aren't the main focus (which is why I'm so cautious about the game because everything I hear about the game tells me that you go around cataloging all of these creatures) because I hate when that happens in JRPGs and I pretty much kill the game when that happens. Xenoblade really simplified the quest process and I still don't like it.

Quite hopeful on this as well, the side quests were a decent chunk in Xenoblade. Still felt like a chore, despite the simplistic way it was done. I enjoy when side quests tell you more about the world and feel like part of the story. Xenoblades didn't really do that for me other then like rebuilding colony 6.

This game is reminding me a bit of Grand Theft Auto, probably because I've never heard of a jrpg with a full blown city like that (aside from like LR: FF13).

Also with vehicles!

This game is reminding me a bit of Grand Theft Auto, probably because I've never heard of a jrpg with a full blown city like that (aside from like LR: FF13).

Probably because the hub town is based on Los Angeles and it's quite funny to see regular everyday houses in a sci-fi/fantasy JRPG setting

Also, Gamexplain and Chuggaconroy made a vid about the latest trailer (and they've made one for pretty much every XCX trailer that came out)

Probably because the hub town is based on Los Angeles and it's quite funny to see regular everyday houses in a sci-fi/fantasy JRPG setting

Well, Final Fantasy XV's trailer has the party driving around in an everyday car, so basically two JRPGs being developed simultaneously both ended up including some sort of mundane elements. Makes me wonder if future games of the genre will follow this trend.