I just wanna cook

Junkhead

...I never said I didn't know how to cook. I said I have a ton of things in mind, but didn't know where to start or where to get the ingredients.

shit dude if "I just wanna cook" and "I don't know where to start" don't give off that impression at a glance i dunno what does

look up where to get the ingredients? if you can't get them for certain recipes where you are then that narrows down where to start :V

Edited by PKLucas531

wat

who

my own fried eggs taste good but also look like an egg exploded in the frying pan

also if cooking rice was so easy people wouldn't have invented the rice cooker (and some people STILL don't get it right!), unless you were already assuming a rice cooker was in use

my point is that some people struggle with the "basics" but it's not that big a deal

as for the op: finding and/or replacing ingredients is not hard most of the time!

also if cooking rice was so easy people wouldn't have invented the rice cooker (and some people STILL don't get it right!), unless you were already assuming a rice cooker was in use

Having a tool to help something doesn't mean it's hard to do though. You can make toast with a skillet, but people use because it's more convenient.

I'm good at cooking, but not at following most recipes.

I remember making my family's breakfast for 5 years while I was being homeschooled. I got to be pretty good at making that.

Last week, I made red velvet cake with a funky cinnamon-vanilla frosting. Then I proceeded to some sadistic visual torture on certain individuals who've been teasing me irl.

Turns out I made it smell better than I though.

Marinating jerky is such a bitch though. Either it ruins the jerky, or the flavour is ruined.

shit dude if "I just wanna cook" and "I don't know where to start" don't give off that impression at a glance i dunno what does

look up where to get the ingredients? if you can't get them for certain recipes where you are then that narrows down where to start :V

Yeah, sorry.

People at the U.S have a crapton of resources to work with. You can just go to Walmart and get...peanut butter nutella turkey meat waffles "masala" spices and stuff like that.

Maybe start with what you want to eat, and then what others are willing to eat for you.

Depending on what you want to cook, budgeting/locating/keepingStockOf certain ingredients can be troublesome wherever you are. I know I have trouble staying faithful to middle-eastern and tropical origin recipes, simply because the market for the ingredients doesn't exist here. Best one can do in that case is wait for the right season to come up, or get the ingredients shipped to you.