Wings of Courage info

Dragoncat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe employ a 'one person per skill' limit? Though, I must ask, what effect will this have on the narrative?

That limit isnt necessary. I just don't want everybody to have the same one...

As for your question, idk. Depends on the skill and situation. Cerai might spin her lance and stab the enemy right in the heart while weakened and heavily wounded(wrath), Samba might lunge at an enemy and knock their weapon out of their hands(disarm). If I can think of ways to implement the skills I will, but they're kinda just for show.

Well, Adept could work for Jerec too, I suppose. He's not the kind of guy who'd show enemies any mercy. :P

Or resolve(skill and speed bonuses when hp is low). Or wrath...I think I'm leaning toward the latter.

Name: Theodorus

Race: Beorc

Class: General

Affliation: Bengion Central Army (Colonel)

Appearance: Theodorus is a tall, muscular man who wields a sword. He has a commanding presence, and inspires fear and loyalty in those who serve under him. He has black, short hair and blue eyes.

Personality: As a Bengion Nobleman, Theodorus is somewhat arrogant, but also fair to everyone. He considers Crimea and Daien to be provinces in revolt, and wants the empire to recon queer them. However, he treats his men well, and is very loyal to his country. In addition, he mistrusts the Senate.

Backstory: Theodorus is the eldest son of Zelgius, and heir to the house of Khadol. Like his father, he joined the army at an early age, and grew up during the Civil War following the assassination of Misaha. He saw his first combat when Bengion intervened in the Mad King's War, serving under General Jarod. During the war, the Daien army killed his younger sister, who was working as a cleric. As a result, he was a strong proponent of sending Daien troops to labor camps. As Daien remilitarizes, he is one of the most vocal voices in the Empire clamoring for putting down the resurgent kingdom before it gets too powerful.

Recommended to use him as an anti villain or anti hero.

Hmm, well, I already have my villains. But, if I can find a place for him, I will.

But Zelgius doesn't look old enough to have a 29 year old son. Maybe he can be his brother or something? Idk.

Hmm, well, I already have my villains. But, if I can find a place for him, I will.

But Zelgius doesn't look old enough to have a 29 year old son. Maybe he can be his brother or something? Idk.

That would be fine. Or make him younger.

If I make him younger, he'd have to be a kid, maybe preteen, but that's pushing it. Zelgius is branded but I'm willing to bet that wouldn't make too big of a difference. He looks like in his 20s/early 30s. I highly doubt he was "messing around" with girls when he was like 13. It may be possible, but no.

Does he have to be related to anyone, though? He could be just another general. But if you really want him to have ties to Zelgius he can be his little brother, age 20 would work.

If I make him younger, he'd have to be a kid, maybe preteen, but that's pushing it. Zelgius is branded but I'm willing to bet that wouldn't make too big of a difference. He looks like in his 20s/early 30s. I highly doubt he was "messing around" with girls when he was like 13. It may be possible, but no.

Does he have to be related to anyone, though? He could be just another general. But if you really want him to have ties to Zelgius he can be his little brother, age 20 would work.

Yeah, I do want him to have ties to Zelgius. And make him his brother; I always thought Zelgius was older, I suppose.

Eventually yes :)

Super duper then. ;)

--Edit--By the way, I am caught up with the story. I read the recent entry a while ago. I enjoyed it a lot, but the only word I found as not belonging was "wallet". You could perhaps have used something else. Other than that, good job. :)

Edited by Guenhwyvar

Well what do you suggest instead? What do they keep money in...I mean a purse wouldn't work either. It's just a small nitpick though, right?

Thanks.

Haha, it's just an observance and a humble opinion. Wallet sounds too real-worldish you know? Too modern, imo. How about pouch, or sack? lol It's just like the word "ok". That word, imoo, is too modern to be used in fanfics and fantasy-related writing, among other words I won't list. But remember you're the writer, you use any word that you want.

Yeah that is true. Pouch and sack though, can be used for other things. When I say wallet you automatically know there's money in it.

Since it's fantasy it doesn't have to be historically accurate. It's medieval, but in real world medieval times women weren't allowed to be warriors or anything remotely interesting. And there was no magic, wyverns/pegasi, shapeshifters...you get the idea, stuff like that is in FE. And wallets aren't too modern, I mean it's not like I said there was an mp3 player in it.

Yeah that is true. Pouch and sack though, can be used for other things. When I say wallet you automatically know there's money in it.

Since it's fantasy it doesn't have to be historically accurate. It's medieval, but in real world medieval times women weren't allowed to be warriors or anything remotely interesting. And there was no magic, wyverns/pegasi, shapeshifters...you get the idea, stuff like that is in FE. And wallets aren't too modern, I mean it's not like I said there was an mp3 player in it.

You could also use satchel, but that's just my opinion. You can keep wallet if you think that's the word to go with, it's your writing. Also, money is another too-modern term, imo. Isn't gold used in FE? I've never seen the word money used before. Just saying. XD In my stories I stick to either gems or gold, but not "money". And, if you use wallet as you say it automatically lets the reader know that money is in there, then I can assume there are bills within the wallet? lol Just saying, too, don't take this too seriously.

Oh, you're going to draw our characters too? If you want to draw Jerec, I have a mug and sprites of him that you can use as reference. :)

I wasn't planning on it originally, but since it was brought up...yeah.

Yep I know :) If I can't find the sprites when I need them I'll ask for them because I'm lazy lol.

Well, you don't have to draw him if you don't want to, I'm not going to try to force you. :P

As for what money goes in in the FE world... My co-author uses the term "coin purse." For either guys or girls, as far as I know. I don't mind it, personally.

• 3 weeks later...

All right, guys. The main story is rated PG ish, but I felt like making a spinoff with a higher rating. It has some steaminess, but it's no 50 shades of gray.

http://rubydragoncat.deviantart.com/art/Sparking-Embers-504227541

Read it if you feel like it. Consider it an early Valentine's special if you want...pair is Cerai x Boyd.

Comments can be posted in here if you don't have a DA account.

• 3 weeks later...

No smut this time I promise xD

I'm thinking ahead. A lot. Probably not the best thing, but...anyway, there will be epilogue titles and little blurbs about what everyone does afterward in typical FE fashion, then the chapter or a few chapters with gen 2, consider those maybe trial maps.

@Ana: Is Daein Vagabond okay for Jerec? Like you put on DA on his sprite.

@Snowy: Pick an epilogue title. We've agreed her and Darcen get together and how their kids turn out, so don't worry about having to make a blurb.

Haha, don't worry, I end up thinking ahead a lot myself. XD

Anyway, sure, Daein Vagabond works since I used it on DA. ^^ Falchion1984 came up with that one, btw!

Oh, and if you're mentioning kids and such in these epilogues, don't forget that Jerec has a daughter named Kathryn, who takes up lancing just like he does.

Oh, and if you're mentioning kids and such in these epilogues, don't forget that Jerec has a daughter named Kathryn, who takes up lancing just like he does.

Not forgetting that xD

There's a funny in my art thread btw.

Edited by Dragoncat