Wings of Courage info

Dragoncat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yeah. See, D-cat? lol

On the other hand, has the story already started? I forgot to ask you about that. If it has, then you don't have to use my character if you find it hard to introduce him. I can wait for another story, you know? :)

No guys...I didn't say I wouldn't use that name simply because it was in the bible. I meant it was for a giant. Unless the guy's a large bulky type...see? And his description clearly says he's built like Chrom, slim and average sized. I just think there are better names for him out there.

Seriously, use behindthename. You can search for keywords in name meanings or there's preconstructed searches. Like...I wanted the priest that joins the group to have a name derived from religion. So I clicked on the religion preconstructed search and got Ammiel, meaning "God is my kinsman". I took one of the m's out but still.

You can argue that parents don't name their kids based on their future profession...but I honestly can't see nuns at an orphanage naming a baby that appears at the door something like Goliath.

I'll bet u bible goliath was a baby once and i'll bet u he was tiny
but they called him goliath anyway

what nao

also Goliath means "uncovered" in hebrew, according to the site you hold dear, so it has nothing to do with being big \ '3'/

also the goliath in the bible wasn't a giant, he just was giant; adjective, not noun.

Edited by I have opinions

I'll bet u bible goliath was a baby once and i'll bet u he was tiny

but they called him goliath anyway

what nao

also Goliath means "uncovered" in hebrew, according to the site you hold dear, so it has nothing to do with being big \ '3'/

also the goliath in the bible wasn't a giant, he just was giant; adjective, not noun.

Okay you got me. Yeah, I suppose I shouldve looked up the meaning of the name.

It's Satoko's choice though in the end. I might...get used to the name.

Ooh, nice map! But one thing isn't accurate. Hatari is on the other side of a desert, not a jungle. If you remember part 1 in RD, Nailah and Volug were lost there, and found Rafiel who was also lost. They decided to stick together. And the reason Nailah and Volug were crossing the desert in the first place was to meet the other beast laguz in Gallia.

Thanks! I worked hard on that map.

I'm aware it was a desert. But, I've studied climate flow since then and deserts are always isolated from water sources, hence all the mountains and hills around Grann. And I thought one desert was enough. A jungle will work for what you're describing too.

Okay so...

Everyone who submitted a character, pick an affinity: fire, ice, wind, earth, thunder, dark, or light. Yes I know there's technically heaven but meh...not elementy enough so I leave it out. Affinities are birth month based. That's why Cerai and Leo have the same one, being twins and all. Basically the system from FE7 with anima replaced with earth.

You can also pick a custom skill. I'll accept most of the PoR/RD personal skills for this. Excluding the ones that are character specific like sacrifice, and, I don't want a mage with imbue because it says magic users excluded, just make sense with it and it should be good :)

Both completely optional, I can pick for you if you want.

Kay then... Fire for Jerec due to his hot-headedness. :P

Wind for Kenth (since you used him) because despite being a red dragon that breathes fire, I just think the wind affinity fits him more personality-wise.

For skills, I suppose Impale is fine for Jerec since he WAS of the Halberdier class, and by the time this fic occurs, he could've learned Impale. Kenth, I'm not sure because I don't remember the skills that dragon laguz have. >_<

Edited by Anacybele

I was planning on having him have impale anyway. Do you want a custom skill too?

Mkay. Yeah, wind does seem to fit him. And Rannoc has earth and breathes fire, so...

As for skills, well, the promoted red dragons have the Blood Tide skill. Anything else is pretty much fair game, custom wise.

Edited by Dragoncat

I read what you posted for the story so far. Not bad, I liked what I read. So you got some mercenaries defending these church goers and ended up by recruiting that healer. Good, I saw some FE elements being used in the right way. And then you had this other dude wanting to join with the queen/princess, so that's interesting too. Can't wait for more. :)

What exactly do you mean by custom skills? A made-up skill or one of the skills that you can give to pretty much anyone?

Called personal skills ingame, more the latter. Like vantage or wrath or cancel...

I read what you posted for the story so far. Not bad, I liked what I read. So you got some mercenaries defending these church goers and ended up by recruiting that healer. Good, I saw some FE elements being used in the right way. And then you had this other dude wanting to join with the queen/princess, so that's interesting too. Can't wait for more. :)

Thanks, but this is the info thread. The feedback thread is here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=50767

Also, pick an affinity for Goliath and a skill. For affinities you can have fire, ice, wind, thunder, earth, dark, or light. For skills you can have just about anything that was marked as a personal skill ingame.

Edited by Dragoncat

Yeah vantage is proving to be quite common...we need to mix it up a bit. Maybe one of them can have adept instead? Adept = 2 hit strike regardless of what the speed is, like brave weapons. I'd think that would work for Kelly.

Idk about skills for Kenth either. Idk about a skill for my Rannoc yet, actually...but I guess not everyone has to have one. I just like giving them to my OCs. And I realized that Samba wouldn't be able to have disarm if he was in RD...it says beorc only -_- But hey. It fits him and I'm not too anal about fitting the game that much.