Zinnia: Love or Hate?

Paper Dragon

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Zinnia?

• Yeah! Of course!
    • No, just no...

I haven't finished the game yet, because I freakin' left my game at home before coming back to college, but from what I've seen, I'm anticipating the post-game stuff.

It's for the best, I suppose, since I have a lot of work in these last two weeks before I can go back home.

And soft reset.

And soft reset some more.

And more.

And even more.

Why did you do this, GameFreak?

Why?

I can see that her intentions are good, but the way she executes them is...

Just going up and taking everyone's shit without their consent and being condescending as fuck towards Steven? ughgugugh

And pls only I'm allowed to whoop Archie's ass, hands off >:U

Edited by Thor Odinson

I don't know what to think of her. However, her battle entrance animation makes her look demented. I honestly don't care too much for her themes (along with Wally's battle theme) since they don't really seem to fit in Pokemon or the character herself.

The main things I like about the Delta episode are: capturing Rayquaza and Deoxys (though Rayquaza is stupidly easy due to story requirement -- you can possibly catch it at full health with a Pokeball if you're willing to bother with that), the 4-trainer battle of you and Steven vs. Courtney and a Magma Grunt (in OR) which is reminiscent to that of the 4-trainer battle that takes place in Pokemon Emerald at the Space Center, and the cinematic in which Mega Rayquaza destroys the meteor -- the music, though sounding like some cheesy Japanese opening theme, reminds me of one of the Japanese opening themes from the main series Pokemon anime as well as that infamous Falcon Punch explosion scene from the F-Zero anime.

As you may have noticed, Zinnia doesn't stand out too much to me besides being this character who popped out from the backwater after only appearing in 2 cameos in the main story.

fun enough and gets the job done plotways but fairly unremarkable, her personality in practice is a huge relief given her design leaned dangerously toward ryuko matoiesque ow the edge territory, absolutely killer leitmotifs

in conclusion, sets up the POKEMON BATTLE IN SPACE/10

Edited by bookofholsety

Wasted potential. The design's cool, her theme's cool, in theory her plot is cool and you get to go to SPAAAAACE. But they couldn't seem to make any of her dialogue consistent and her motives generally come across as weakly tacked on. At one point I thought her Whismer was actually dead and a ghost and that's what she was going on about with multiple timelines but ultimately they didn't pull the trigger on any interesting plotlines she could have had. She's kind of unbearable to be around because she spouts words and ideas but it all goes nowhere in the end.

Oh yeah and the Sky Pillar got redesigned into mediocrity after being an epic Mach Bike challenge previously. ZINNIAAAAAA!!

Edited by Samias

Seeing as I've just completed the Delta Episode, I can say something here, finally. :P

I kinda like her. She's got a weird battle animation, but other than that, I thought Zinnia was pretty interesting.

I don't have the game,but what I've seen,she seems kinda like a brat to me.Like that she'll always get what she was destined for and whatnot.

Though that theme.It felt like I was listening to Kingdom Hearts music or something.

EDIT:He design is cool,though.

Edited by Shinehollow

I absolutely love her theme....might even be my favorite so far, at least until I hear the updated legendary themes.

But her personality and role......it kinda feels overdone and cliche, but what really annoyed me was her blatant arrogance and lack of understanding for others who might think differently than her or the Draconids. She doesn't even bother to explain her plans and acts irritatingly self righteous to people who have no way of knowing about some alternate dimensions and just want to protect their home however they can. And the Steven disrespect bugged me considering he's one of the more mature and thoughtful characters in the game in comparison to her, not to mention one of my favorite champions next to Cynthia and N.

While her story did intrigue me a little by the end, I won't really care if we ever see her again. If we do, I just hope she matures some by then. >_>

I absolutely love her theme....might even be my favorite so far, at least until I hear the updated legendary themes.

But her personality and role......it kinda feels overdone and cliche, but what really annoyed me was her blatant arrogance and lack of understanding for others who might think differently than her or the Draconids. She doesn't even bother to explain her plans and acts irritatingly self righteous to people who have no way of knowing about some alternate dimensions and just want to protect their home however they can. And the Steven disrespect bugged me considering he's one of the more mature and thoughtful characters in the game in comparison to her, not to mention one of my favorite champions next to Cynthia and N.

While her story did intrigue me a little by the end, I won't really care if we ever see her again. If we do, I just hope she matures some by then. >_>

If you're talking about the themes for the Mirage Spot legendaries, I'm sorry to tell you that they're taken straight out of BW, DPPt and HGSS (and the theme of Entei, Raikou and Suicune is the GB version of the theme that you could listen to in HGSS)

I don't like her very much. She's smug and condescending towards the cast (Steven would easily destroy her in a Pokemon Battle), not to mention violent. She just rubs me in the wrong way. Granted, I don't mind her interactions with the player, I just really dislike her interactions with everyone else.

Edited by Monado Boy

Breaking and entering is not cool. Neither is doing things first and apologizing with motives later.

Her grandmother, on the other hand, is hilarious. . .if you talked to her right after Steven left.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as I've just completed the Delta Episode, I can say something here, finally. :P

I kinda like her. She's got a weird battle animation, but other than that, I thought Zinnia was pretty interesting.

Pretty much this. Her battle animation makes her look like she has fangs, maybe she does, maybe the draconid people do...I mean they use dragon types.

Something I'm confused on though. She calls her whismur "daughter" and talks about not being able to save someone, which leads me to believe the whismur was actually her daughter reincarnated into a pokemon, yet she looks like teen aged. I guess that IS old enough to have a kid. Idk...would pokemon go that deep?

Imma make a topic for that...