TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

gringo is NOT a spiced ford. He is simply ford's unedited fe8 prototype sprite, (just like with blaze and kyle again.) now that the prototype dancer sprite has shown up, we probably won't be seing any more of them, because there are no more really different ones.

There's also another fe8 beta sprite in there. Moulder mug is the beta one.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You coulda saved Erika if you'd moved Mary closer on Turn 1... grumble grumble

Nova being the only Part 1 character unavailable in Part 2 probably has something to do with Nils being the only character in the Part 1 credits. something something Lyn Mode character slots.

Nova being the only Part 1 character unavailable in Part 2 probably has something to do with Nils being the only character in the Part 1 credits. something something Lyn Mode character slots.

actually its because he's a late game unit in part 2 and he reuses his data there

Could you just imagine if the final chapter was like the best chapter ever?

unfortunately, its a very glitchy and clusterfucked chapter with an anti climax.

how so? well you'll find out.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Sorry to dissapont, but that Neimi/Tethys is another of the FE8 beta sprites

Dang, and here I thought I had actually guessed what once of the splices was...

It's official, I'm naming my future daughter Jello. :3:

pYq3OpR.png

I also sorta assumed this would be Eirika, isn't that funny?

Then he could've done joke re-use! I'm shocked he didn't go for that!

gringo is NOT a spiced ford. He is simply ford's unedited fe8 prototype sprite, (just like with blaze and kyle again.) now that the prototype dancer sprite has shown up, we probably won't be seing any more of them, because there are no more really different ones.

I knew he wasn't spiced sheesh Man, how many beta portraits were there?

I could have...BUT... I just didn't care.

Could you just imagine if the final chapter was like the best chapter ever?

As Malakov said, it's not. Even if it WOULD be ironic.

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 16: Chapter 15: Part 2: More Supports Because There Really Isn't Much Else to Say

CILT8ra.png

Reinforcements from the forts start the update!

t0k3Eim.png

Yeah, this map is honestly just a lot of running around. If these warriors are as weak as the ones next to the boss, Kat can take them.

M9UShMT.png

They...aren't. Really, this is kind of inconsistent.

R6pI8rB.png

More skill=good

JMtzQCe.png

They won't stop coming for a while.

TWT84mu.png

WHY CAN I NOT HIT ANYTHING

GRRRRRR

jhWqvhG.png

Did you know you can visit these house thingies? And they give items too!

mznQ7Ob.png

Lady: You know what Hero’s deserve? Hero’s Crests! Here! Take it!

pgyA9Pj.png

So, here's our first promotion item. Another thing this hack does is give you insane imbalanced amounts of promotion items, as in, at some points it gives you more of certain items than you can actually use, and at others, it deprives you of the ones you actually need.

As for this crest, specifically, the only one we have who we can use it on is Kat(who is still underleveled), since Donovan can't use it because lord. It presumably would also work on Ricky, if he didn't SUCK.

MNAF4xW.png

Due to turn orders, those myrms keep getting blocked from the forts they've worked so hard to walk to.

Q4uwZuJ.png

Uh oh. I was gonna try to protect Merlinus, but I was too slow.

JukiGjJ.png

That annoying light brand merc is taken care of.

WD5V1e2.png

Sigh...

M8v743L.png

These guys are QUITE annoying to kill.

T2aGLzJ.png

Well, she's almost maxed speed...

2fgqiOb.png

Mandrake still needs speed, but at least he has supports now. He's also useful for his skill, since you'll notice that just about everyone seems to have skill as a sort of dump stat.

G62xUUT.png

Four turns! What a great way to extend chapter length!

UPway92.png

Merlinus miraculously survives one turn. Which is good, because I'm about to have Gringo visit the other house.

aYyhDIO.pngh6ivSsR.pngKLmPDfH.png

I don't think this is really equivalent to a hero crest, but okay.

EVLVP9n.png

I...think this is the last one.

KY2Hwfy.png

Now they're gonna head for us...

hIgS64d.png

Yup! That's okay, we're gonna slaughter them regardless!

3GOnuW1.png

Bleh. Kat, you need to make a better showing of yourself.

zzIj7kq.png

Z3RTPgZ.png

Donovan is at least doing well.

2ly6jRs.png

Gee...what a great level...

Pfy46Nf.png

Here's to hoping for some guiding rings soon!

MMyaevj.png

Hey! I thought you were done!

pXdcSem.png

And now the boss's guys are getting in on the fun too, even if they are just free XP.

Tg0Wubm.png

SUCH STRONG WARRIORS

Do you guys think I've been making too many sarcastic praises in this hack?

Pz7Xh4l.png

...Seriously?

Axe magnetism count: 4

FibZJEW.png

PHHHFFIIIIVVEEEE!

OjPnDsI.png

Well...let's continue the murder...

jvnOb2s.png

Hey, he's been doing well, I can excuse this.

Csdo0iF.png

WOW

I'M SO LUCKY

iFaiGIT.png

You know what, I'll take any defensive stats I can get.

I6HSozr.png8mo9gi9.png

Reaver vs reaver combat for you guys.

t7bXP5j.png

Janet gets her first level, and I guess it isn't bad...

xqgQcBF.png

As I said. Glass cannon.

Xo7sehW.png

Some RNG actually went my way? I'm SHOCKED.

cG6gmoa.png

And it's a good thing too, apparently.

UNeIvQs.png

Still taking any defenses I can get.

WNY0BkM.png

So many levels...I'm running out of things to say...honestly, literally every update just devolves into me showing tons of levels. Should I...stop showing all levels(except the notable ones) and just do a stat dump every now and again?

tWpYEtt.png

Well, she's making use of those buffed caps.

Gmv9SG2.png

DONE AT LAST!

cYB7jaG.pngDbJtMzp.pngvvOPr68.png

HEALGRINDING

Now then, are you guys all ready for some more supports?

DLGV3Od.png

Nick and Kat have one, which is a good thing, because Nick hasn't found anyone else to support with.

Kat: Nick!

Nick: Kat! My rival, we met again! Have at you!

ycC7TZd.png

I...I...I...what?

HsMPJsY.png

Hey, Lila and Sophie can support with each other! This should round out their supports!

Sophie: Lady Lila! Have the staff lessons I taught you proven to be of use to you?

Lila: Why of course! I don’t know what I would have done without them!

Sophie: Good. It’s important to have healers with you in battle at all times.

hK2k8M5.png

Did...the game just give me a "tip" to have healers in a situation where one would NEED to have two healers on the field at once AND have been using them both for quite some time?

5s9bvhp.pngr0cgPg4.png

One of the myrms heals.

2pNAzV3.png

Mandrake and Mary? Sure!

Mary: I’m surprised to see a monk of Holy here.

Mandrake: I merely preach the word of Pyron. I hold no country to tie me down.

Mary: So it would seem.

Zwkxaqz.png

I have nothing to say.

uOTyMRq.png

This one's an A support...it should be interesting...right?

Larry: You know Mary, I’m convinced. Working alongside you during this war has shown me just how capable you really are. Should we both still live when all is said and done, I shall make you the head of the Wind Clan army.

Mary: ! Such is an honor that I am not fit to have.

Larry: Nonsense! You have earned that spot my friend! Just keep working as you always have and you will do just smashing!

DPfnmDD.png

Well, at least it's not a fight and breakup!

GZOKYxq.png

Time to finish this Lila/Gringo thing...

Lila: Are you alright Gringo? You seem a bit more depressed than normal.

Gringo: It is nothing my lady. I just think that I will have an early retirement from this army.

Lila: I see… Well, before then, continue to be my body guard. You may be an idiot, but you’re a good soldier. Never forget that, Gringo.

Gringo: You are to kind to me my lady…

BiAhcuD.png

I STILL have nothing to say. This hack has DRIED UP what little commentating juices I have!

yKb6e6I.png

Mandrake: Sister of the sun, how goes our mission today?

Sophie: Not well brother of the sun. I wish to inquire about something. How is it that these Holy mercenaries know nothing of the word of the sun, even thought they were in your care?

Mandrake: …I preached to them the words of the sun, but they would not listen. They have no place in The Cult.

???

Sophie: The Cult?

QXeVXWy.pngFpPBcrZ.pngi050ffg.png

Mandrake: I am fine my fellow Huitzil…

Sophie: Huitzil?

Mandrake: …Yes, everything is back in order.

B8IZXxZ.png

Well...THAT certainly took a dark turn! Once again, Pyron is the primary overarching villain-not to mention (spoilers) final boss (spoilers), so...this really makes me wonder about Mandrake, and Sophie to a lesser extent.

vLGLP1C.pngQ3K8fbQ.png

Due to some lines of dialogue later, I THOUGHT that Donovan and Janet had a support. They don't. I guess I was wrong about the canon love interest, and now thanks to my poor support planning Donovan is left with no one to A-rank with...

Whatever, let's just finish.

TSGHJbp.pngq7SITxO.png

...Okay...let's try it with the newbie.

CIBCHrO.pngIFHlAe0.png

Dead!

gIeWdkD.png

Wha...NO SHE'S NOT! SHE IS LITERALLY DEAD? WHO IS THIS LADY? SOME KIND OF WRAITH?

The Wraith: Of course! With thanks to you guys of course!

Transport: I’m glad you’re alright Erika. I enjoy your company very much.

Janet: Exactly! We couldn’t let someone as attractive as you up and die right?

But we DID!

...Ugh, whatever.

Yeyrnck.png

Transport: I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you…

Janet: Yeah! Never mind who we are handsome! Who are you?

Donovan: I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you. Later!

Gee Donovan, that was...almost cool.

rFvu9mA.png4mP58Wv.png

THIS IS WHY I THOUGHT THEY SUPPORTED

KqhajW4.pngzXsoPS1.png

WOW

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO EXPRESS LAUGHTER

WOW

Kat: And you just can’t get enough of her…

Still not sure how to interpret this.

kRE7kKl.pngOIqegHJ.png

NEXT TIME: A promotion + literally the worst excuse for fighting yet! AND IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF FE!

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 17: Chapter 16: Part 1: Idiot Pirates

mNvbW1N.pngjJd5lMq.png

Chapter 16 is another multiple of 8, which is apparently an important number in FE. I'm hoping for something sort of epic...

Note: I will be disappointed.

X4wA28O.png

Jake: The group heads out to meet Orca, leader of the Whale Pirates. Although a bit senile and old, Orca is currently taking care of Princess Gunni, the master Tactician who has the proper skills capable of ending the was. But yet again, the group was about to run into another bit of unwanted trouble…

We just run into those bits everywhere!

SDUyHny.pngNnyb5xV.png

Another walk event, this one even better than the last one. They still feel odd after so long without them...

D0xbdpq.png

Elliot: Orca lives in the castle right over there.

Sandy: But there certainly is a lot of fog…

Larry: Not to worry. With my sharp eyes, we have nothing to worry about!

Kat: Just because you have sharp eyes, doesn’t mean that Orca does. He’s a bit over cautious now a days and may not recognize us in this poor weather.

Uh oh...

SwnNrpV.png

Kat: in case.

...SERIOUSLY?

jcWJjq5.pngF417qog.pngOFBHOUy.png

The game craps enemies everywhere(INCLUDING ONE TILE NEXT TO OUR STARTING POSITION! PERSONAL SPACE VIOLATOR!)

25qekDm.png

Noob guy: The Hawk Tribe and Assassin Guild are engaged in combat just south of here! And more troops are supposedly comin’ from the east!

Orca: I see… Hmmm… Are the soldiers from the assassin guild or Hawk Tribe!

Noob guy: No Cap’m! I can’t tell who they are! A scout said that he thinks they are Holy soldiers here to capture the Lady there!

Orca: I see. Engage those Holy soldiers! Stop’em in their tracks!

So, in some main FE games and quite a few hacks, due to some misunderstanding, you end up fighting people who are your allies. Usually, the excuse comes off as a bit contrived, with the amount of contrived-ness varying between games/hacks. Here, though, the stupidity of the reason is OUTRIGHT INEXCUSABLE: They can't see us right because of the fog. It gets even more ridiculous when we're standing right next to troops that should recognize us and they try and fight us anyways. Literally EVERYONE is being an idiot in this situation: The heroes for not, say, waiting a day until the fog clears before approaching, Orca for not remembering that there are allies trying to visit, or at least TRYING diplomacy, and Gunni...

0S1kKL2.png

Gunni: could be Repub soldiers?

FOR NOT VOICING THOSE DOUBTS TEN SECONDS AGO. Blademaster, trying to make her seem like a genius doesn't really work when she's STILL very obviously being an idiot!

Down in the other corner of the map, though, something else is going on...

t56sAiP.png

Assassin man: The fact that I needed to be here to stop some tribal trash is unnecessary. Something tells me that Death likes those two new recruits more than me… Just because one is from the Landaxe tribe and the other from the Dragon Clan, he jizzs his pants with joy. Hmph!

So...Barry and Nova?

yE0cGFX.png

This is the assassin/vs hawk battle mentioned earlier...look at how ORGANIZED it is! This is CLEARLY how battles work!

SVVqY2b.png

Clan commander: We may not win this battle, but we can at least deal some damage! For Sonic! Wielder of the Emblem Bow!

Her generic portrait is the exact same as some other clanspeople in the houses around, which causes some confusion.

END DIALOGUE

xtgBKDn.png

This is the last chapter of the game before we enter my second-least favorite story arc, and after that comes my FIRST least favorite story arc. Ah well.

NKd6hFg.png

Plenty of units again.

gd1gs4G.png

Because of the altered chapter number, we have Nils's reading available! Let's look at our support choices!

CNxs12N.png

Hmmm... That shamanness,,, Yup, that's my plan.

qcRXu1F.png

Poor Elliot here, despite being a main character, has TERRIBLE support options. His ONLY earlygame one is Hellen!

m7hEk5Y.png

Janet doesn't have the best support options either, but I'll let her support with Nick and the shamanness. Hopefully we get that lady soon.

bqI4JAN.png

Merlinus has supports, despite his lack of personality. They make me curious, but honestly, this hack has a way of piquing curiosity then letting it down. I wouldn't be half-surprised if they were copied straight from FE7.

YL57SCT.png

Larry is granted a torch. He shall light the way.

eJt9g4t.png

I also give Kat things.

ZrxqQ4R.png

As I said, Donovan can't use the Hero Crest.

nRXrizb.png

Here's our pre-overrun position! This isn't the first time this is gonna happen, either.

ffcm4tk.pnguizRqwc.png

These are the mountain berserkers. As you can see, this isn't BS-Blademaster actually intended for these guys not to be fought. The ones on the forts don't actually move. And they have a good reason for existing. I'll explain more later.

Starting the chapter...

tVfl3Pr.png

Janet: To share a bed? Hmm?

Donovan: A lot of wine. And you getting a better personality.

Zing!

Xq8NKIH.png

Janet: I’ll get you yet. I always get my way with men! …And women too… Fufufu…

This lady...

SvHjGn8.png

The greenies spawn in. I'm sure you're all curious.

XSSB8MU.png3acGUvy.png

The friendly nomads are pretty tough, but short bows hold them back.

fJlKhg3.png

One of them is female, and presumably the leader, but she has no portrait and she's even weaker than the others.

6m0EWq8.pngYe95BIy.png

The assassins, meanwhile...they don't stand a chance, mostly because due to enemy/ally phase they get the first time, and the nomads don't even get a chance to attack.

And yes, Blademaster most certainly DID buff assassins strength cap all the way to 30! BALANCE!

mIuAakh.pngX9u1Fjs.png

Jello is ALSO very tough. We can't fight him...can we?

NiCaTH3.png

Yet another custom sword. It's the strongest one yet.

eNomr6l.png

This chapter, Merlinus spawns...RIGHT ON TOP OF STAR. This is one of the few chapters where you CAN defend him, or you could if you didn't WANT him dead! We need to let someone kill him, otherwise we can't select Star!

zzDb5ne.png

Oh hey, a GOOD start!

GpJY34D.png

These guys aren't that tough. I should note that there aren't very many pirates in this level(only one or two), and most of the enemies are bandits, despite the story.

2NLTl0i.pngVwiuja6.png

THE REVEAL

bar6XNM.png

Strength!

M7iIo8e.png

These enemies are no trouble at all, honestly.

EjxTQwL.png

P8o7ngl.png

Bluh, SO ANNOYING.

zjci2Gf.pngWuolTs7.png

Anna: Dancer and Female Hero right? …Right?

I have nothing to say to you, Anna.

Let's go to the village.

uRcD2Aw.png

Kishuna(?): Magic is useless before me… I have no need for this garbage…

7YRCeFo.png

Hey, that's pretty useful!

SdTCdtu.pngQzP9KTz.png

How nice. Let's get some heals.

Xs6GM2D.png

Right away, they start dropping.

jTmd6lL.png

Jello gets to work too.

ykGKUnz.png

jhT338H.png

Phew! Now we can use Star again!

JBXIiUN.png

Bu the end of the enemy phase, the leader is the last one alive.

NN9GvDP.png

She does get a kill, on one of the generic fighters who I'm fairly certain isn't supposed to be participating in this fight.

NEXT TIME: Will the green leader survive? Will TheMoniker beat Orca's idiot forces? Will he even TRY to beat the promoted mooks?

Man, how many beta portraits were there?

That's all the ones that had big really big differences from the final sprites, Although there are others like ross and eirika that had almost unnoticable differences, and some, like ephraim and tania have noticable but still small differences (tania's sprite was used for l'arachel in the prototype, so she is wearing cleric's clothing. Ephraim has a slightly different shade of blue on his armor.) For your reference, all of the sprites can be found here, along with the final sprites for comparison: http://fireemblemwiki.org/Fire_Emblem:_The_Sacred_Stones_prototype

Do you guys think I've been making too many sarcastic praises in this hack?

Well, you don't want to over-saturate it and have a burn-out... I'd say 80%'s a good setting.

Should I...stop showing all levels(except the notable ones) and just do a stat dump every now and again?

Naw, you're good. It is entertaining to see how crazy these growths are... and your comments thereof

Nick and Kat have one, which is a good thing, because Nick hasn't found anyone else to support with.

Kat: Nick!

Nick: Kat! My rival, we met again! Have at you!

I...I...I...what?

Wow, I wish all supports were that easy! It'd be like this:

Me: Oh, Good Morning!

Bystander: ...?

ycC7TZd.png

Larry: Nonsense! You have earned that spot my friend! Just keep working as you always have and you will do just smashing!

smashing.jpg

So now Larry will forever sound like Tim Curry when I read his dialog (such that it is).

tVfl3Pr.png

Janet: To share a bed? Hmm?

Donovan: A lot of wine. And you getting a better personality.

Zing!

Xq8NKIH.png

Janet: I’ll get you yet. I always get my way with men! …And women too… Fufufu…

This lady...

If HellenXElliot is a send-up of LilinaXRoy than this must be an even worse send-up of EliwoodXNinian.

Blademaster's making a point! "EliwoodXNinian's stupid! Dancers aren't like that, they're slutty, just like Roy!"

Just a theory...

mIuAakh.pngX9u1Fjs.png

Jello is ALSO very tough. We can't fight him...can we?

"Daddy, why did you name me after Jello?"

"Well, not the Jello you're thinking of, sweetie. I really named you after an obscure boss from an awful and obscure hack of an obscure game on a sortakindanotreally obscure game system!"

"I hate you, Daddy!!!"

it really baffles me how the guy trys to make this hack like FE4.

Yeah, as we will see, these berserkers simply do not work. They do not keep the enemies from you, nor you from the enemies.

You know, there actually is a "neutral/fourth team" in the game(from the Link Arena), and the only place I've seen it used is in some versions of Elibean Nights. Is it actually usable for gameplay purposes?

That's all the ones that had big really big differences from the final sprites, Although there are others like ross and eirika that had almost unnoticable differences, and some, like ephraim and tania have noticable but still small differences (tania's sprite was used for l'arachel in the prototype, so she is wearing cleric's clothing. Ephraim has a slightly different shade of blue on his armor.) For your reference, all of the sprites can be found here, along with the final sprites for comparison: http://fireemblemwiki.org/Fire_Emblem:_The_Sacred_Stones_prototype

Thanks. You know, it would be interesting if someone got a prototype ROM and did an LP of it.

i cant wait to see sahnic. will he go as fast as the speed of sound?

also aren't those assains gonna come and kick your ass when there done with the greenies?

Not sure what you mean by sahnic. Is it KatxNick pairing?

And yeah Blademaster put us on a 2-turn time limit Nah, they are set to move and attack, but only on enemies in their range. If everyone nearby is dead they'll stop.

Well, you don't want to over-saturate it and have a burn-out... I'd say 80%'s a good setting.

Duly noted.

Naw, you're good. It is entertaining to see how crazy these growths are... and your comments thereof

Honestly, their growths are comparable to FE13, what with the crazy stat inflation.

Wow, I wish all supports were that easy! It'd be like this:

Me: Oh, Good Morning!

Bystander: ...?

ycC7TZd.png

And then whenever you were near that person you got massive boosts to all your attributes.

smashing.jpg

So now Larry will forever sound like Tim Curry when I read his dialog (such that it is).

Smashing...actually is a really odd word choice.

My comments in bold.

If HellenXElliot is a send-up of LilinaXRoy than this must be an even worse send-up of EliwoodXNinian.

Blademaster's making a point! "EliwoodXNinian's stupid! Dancers aren't like that, they're slutty, just like Roy!"

Just a theory...

"Daddy, why did you name me after Jello?"

"Well, not the Jello you're thinking of, sweetie. I really named you after an obscure boss from an awful and obscure hack of an obscure game on a sortakindanotreally obscure game system!"

"I hate you, Daddy!!!"

Jello....could there even BE a worse name?

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 17: Chapter 16: Part 2: Murdering our Allies... Gleefully

bhhnpjd.png

Once again, we start the update off on a high note.

WMDRBtv.png

Strength! Defense! Amazing!

UpJnprp.pngkD9WWx3.png

That's a very...interesting...selection. You know, that Elixir price is unchanged from FE7. I always thought they cost too much. The keys, though....I hesitate to get any because infinite lockpick. We shall see if my choice proves intelligent.

AOkzSYw.pngHuk1TwJ.pngFAGCe5E.png

Wow, those are some cheap reaver weapons! With Merlinus gone, I can't really pick up many(note: I will likely regret this later).

xtOW73M.png1RoBqJ3.png

Blech. No thank you.

wrkh6X2.png

Oh hey...twentieth level...and we JUST got a guiding ring...

Kp68dAY.pngOkenMJt.pngivdfKtB.png

Buffed gains? Maybe.

0yOp3nD.png

That skill will hold her back in combat, but she's gonna make an AMAZING dedicated healer.

NX8JKTb.png

Not a chance.

43571rg.png

I know he has a forest, but...supports.

COmVCAY.png

HEY YOU! GIVE IT BACK!

JASLp1l.png

We have a small wave to deal with. "Small" compared to other waves we've fought before...

JkUDdMw.png

Speed!

xAdExkq.png

Elliot is still doing better than Roy ever did.

wcAX5pK.png

She's gonna ram the level cap, and we have no ring for her...

zSJRbdV.png

Larry rushes up and reveals the last of the enemies. Not that threatening, huh? Also, there are NO reinforcements this level. Just thought I should point it out.

mMLgb1f.png

The one next to the boss has a gem.

JgwBhIU.pngxGFleFc.png

Orca is weaker than Fargus. Not that we couldn't handle a Fargus.

5uwFtEZ.png

This guy is such a "big three"(str/spd/def) focuser. I say that anyone who gets tons of those is destined for glory. We'll see...

cTxIlht.png

I want Nova back.

HE wasn't a slut!

oGYPN3K.png

Larry makes me wish ALL thieves were this great. He's progressed from his 5 strength beginnings!

OFbvkOg.png

Speed is good, but...I want you to look at all the past levels...notice a common weakness? BESIDES the obvious RES flaw which is of course shared by everyone?

SKILL! Blademaster made skill a dump stat for EVERYONE! NOBODY has any skill! Lila managed to promote and only come out with nine! Mary has nine! Larry has 11, in a class that should have about equal skill/speed! The only ones who have good skill are the ones who specialize in it! No wonder I can't hit anything!

bGQQ9h9.png

I send Mary up to help Larry out of a jam, and after they're finished, we visit the village...

PY6lm7C.pngZxnk7X3.png8yhnnwT.png

The short bow is a simple earlygame weapon for use on low-CON archers! It didn't get any obligatory 1-range buff! It does NOT deserve to be famous, and if all our ally nomads choose to use short bows then we are SCREWED!

na2F7po.png

Kat one-shots a thief. The Thunbrand IS a powerful weapon in the right hands...

Lc8aPRV.png

Nick at least has some skill.

dYzIRpb.png

Almost done already? Okay.

IOaUf60.png

Skill cap. Now work on strength.

SZLBGiZ.png

WEAPON TRIANGLE

IN THIS HACK

IT MATTERS NOT

09IFX0R.png

BLEECH! Well...I guess they can't ALL be beautiful...but you could at least try!

KWxLI19.png

Advance, my troops! We are TAKING that castle!

What's that? We shouldn't be tearing into our allies with such glee, you say? HAH! HAH! HAH!

1xyappX.png

ACCEPTABLE RISKS.

MFcTQ0c.png

DONOVAN, I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SEIZE THRONES. IF YOU DO NOT STOP BEING AN AXE MAGNET I AM GONNA TURN THIS HACK AROUND!

NPgZaFV.png

Well, nows as good a time as any to try for that 256 hit!

tlEd3JE.png

Defenses. I'll take it. I've long accepted that her strength is irredeemable.

JhNAUqn.pngkp8pPGb.png

Jake: There’s a reason I’m talking about him you know.

No, I most certainly do NOT remember Stephan. And I don't why Jake is talking about him.

kXemHxl.png

Again!

B2IHRgY.png

I do manage to get this. Not only do we kill our allies, we also rob them!

AK5YITL.png

Considering she has two capped stats...

Also, I'd like to point out she's gained almost 10 levels with NO DEFENSE.

jcx9rX1.png

SO...CLOSE...

Just a few more luck points...and then I can break the game...

AHBKK16.png

Why, hello there, Orca. Surely you should recognize us now that we're standing LITERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO YOU?

*tries all major plot important characters*

*sees no talk option*

Wow. Just wow.

jiYmCcM.png

vDVsrQZ.png

Turns out a bandit had somehow escaped my notice. I like to imagine he just finished destroying the village back there, but I can't see it because of the fog.

y9pQkSQ.png

Orca doesn't have a boss quote, special or otherwise, with ANYONE.

MeFo0Kw.png

He doesn't last long...

6lnffgx.png

Oh sure, realize this AFTER we beat the everloving daylights out of you!

NEXT TIME: Supports and...something else.

when i say sahnic i am relating to a sonic fandom meme that is most likely stupidly old, but never really died (you know the type)

hold on. . .

sahnic_de_hedghohg_by_not_a_fuck_giver-d

basically this and all its incarnations. though really sonic in general can be the but of many jokes.

EDIT: and you said larry was teribad as a unit.

Edited by Umbichueon

Stephan?

he's talking about that green haired swordmaster in FE's 9 and 10 that you can recruit by randomly steppin on afew titles in one chapter with 1 or 2 units.

...Sigh...

*looks at Blademaster's hidden crap guide*

Nope, he's not there. But I DID find out that there was a secret shop in this chapter, but I've already moved on so I missed it. Darn.

when i say sahnic i am relating to a sonic fandom meme that is most likely stupidly old, but never really died (you know the type)

hold on. . .

sahnic_de_hedghohg_by_not_a_fuck_giver-d

basically this and all its incarnations. though really sonic in general can be the but of many jokes.

EDIT: and you said larry was teribad as a unit.

Ah. What I meant about Larry was that he's terribad at base, what with 5 skill/str.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 17: Chapter 16: Part 3: Sudden Target Switch

ML97NZ4.png

Star gets a strength-less level from killing the boss.

ofxGtno.png

Lila, however, does not see promotion as an excuse to slow down.

orbQpGF.png

Man, this guy is gonna be good when we actually get an Ocean seal to promote him with.

Although...presumably...you COULD use some of the items to promote some of the Part 1 characters...although that would probably cause massive glitches!

Zg5JmuP.png

Mandrake: Sister, I have a favor to ask. When this war is over, please help me to spread the good word of the sun.

Sophie: Of course! I would be happy to help! I’ll go prepare some ideas to spread the good word!

*sophie leaves*

Mandrake: …I figured if she were a Cleric of Repub, she would be working for Zypher. But she is not a Huitzil after all.

2gyHIwt.png

This is disappointing after the intriguing second conversation. And we still don't know what cult Mandrake is a part of...

wq7zojp.png

Mary: So what’s so good about your religion anyway?

Mandrake: It merely allows me to help people find the one true path in life. Would you like to know the one true path my fellow Huitzil?

Mary: Huitzil?

Mandrake: …If you do not know, then you needn’t worry.

cKOUNBD.png

...And now we'll never know, because that's all of his supports.

tFvR8LV.pngiUXqNDh.png

Mandrake and Mary with their max supports at full power. Tis it not beauteous?

zNzFONn.png

Using flier powers...

VhEB6aZ.png

Clan leader(?): He may no longer be part of the Merc 5, but he’s still a good man.

XQxruqo.png

Kind of odd dialogue, considering the position of the house in question!

GbW7i20.png

Kat: Nice job Nick. You almost won that time.

Nick: I will beat you yet Kat! Just you wait and see!

XM2t8Vi.png

If their third support is also two lines then I'm gonna

BR54Hog.png

I want to kill one of these berserkers. Just one!

Suddenly, AN ASSASSIN ATTACKS! CRAP NO I CAN'T HANDLE IT AHHHH

7erWhxs.png

...Wait, are they seriously this easy to kill?

Let's just kill them all then!

8IkFlJL.png

Strength...

EM52JO5.png

These are some very...odd combat stats...my only hope to kill them is for Sandy to crit with her magic wind sword.

KrPZqSP.pngMF9k9un.png

And it's not like Craft is useless here either! Hah! Too powerful for me to fight, you say?

zJBQFzQ.png

Hey guys, get down here! There's XP to be had!

bL2Ir8W.png

MOO WAH HAH!

1Ck5MSf.png3R5uMSC.png

Defense penetrating sword fools!

RW8hifW.png

Next, the assassins!

qV3MqXj.png

Mandrake lures one out!

TCjzQH5.pngIFRCLTT.png

DEAD!

NIoVZNv.png

Meh, dancer level.

tGYcO1u.png

OH WHAT THIS BERSERKER MOVES

S29JXCA.png

QUICK! SPECIMEN C IS ABOUT TO BREACH CONTAINMENT!

8U82Pii.pngvhWFVPc.png

nnEPEFt.png

CONTAINMENT SQUAD ALPHA ON THE SCENE!

(he doesn't crit)

s9lNfEU.png

Meanwhile, one of the assassins lands a hit...

FQ34vmZ.png

SPECIMEN C IS ABOUT TO ESCAPE THE FACILITY! MOVE IN SQUAD BETA TO STOP THEM!

4ENc26S.png

Meanwhile, more assassins in the fog, plus Jello!

jUsetR1.png

RkZOYfu.png

Sir! Containment unit Beta has failed to stop the threat! Our only choice is to send in Containment Squad Omega! Specimen C has escaped the facility!

qIkWlEz.pngxBMWfZv.png

mgKFlMZ.pngvcUt95f.png

Containment Squads Alpha and Beta have lost control of the situation! WHERE'S SQUAD OMEGA?

sk3prZO.pngb5FK6qH.png

There they are! Threat contained!

yqehRT0.pngzjVxOED.png

In case you couldn't guess, these guys are INCREDIBLY profitable.

Cz4CTsg.png

No ring...

3DrU5AY.png5zamdYf.png

And then, one of the dogs bites back! He critted Nick, despite the odds!

tzj1jNo.png

Worse level re-get...

UbhYpcg.png

TABLES TURNED!

Sl8rL5W.png

Nick is gonna be amazing. I can tell already.

Us1DL7s.png

Even with Sandy's 110+ avoid, Jello STILL manages an adequate hitrate! This guy's gonna be tough, but we can beat him...

qkIygxY.pngUibtDvR.png

Done! Oh, how I love the power of supports!

0tMEadL.png

Keep getting Luck Sandy! I want to reach 256 hit before you need to promote...

dzQiebc.png

As another reward for charging this area before we should have even been close to being able to win, and succeeding easily regardless, we get a powerful sword before we're meant to have it!

ULrJMsh.png

I move Lila and then...the game hangs. ...What?

iM7O69n.png40fmuPM.png

So, a few resets and re-kills of the boss later, it ends up working without any glitches...I think. This BETTER NOT come back and bite me in the butt later!

r31B1hH.png

Someone's still hanging out in the fog...

7IsRc1O.png

Oh, it's just a leftover assassin.

9wSHeBx.pngkwG9VQa.png

Mandrake prays for divine aid! He receives it!

BXg0sEf.png

One LAST support...

Lila: You know Sophie, my dad told me he once went on a campaign without a single healer.

Sophie: Really? I’m quite surprised to hear such a thing.

Lila: Yes… But it was back in the day when healers were very rare to see in Repub. They were only used in very special conditions.

riGx6cw.png

I'm starting to think the supports of these two are parodies of the "You need healers" tutorials games give, but there's still a few things that make me unsure, and even if that is the case, that's a terrible thing to parody, since it isn't event hat prevalent!

Of course, no more supports for Lila or Sophie, since they're maxed out now. There's probably going to be a lot less supports from now on, because I've just used up most of them for my units...

N2aHLb9.png

Let's leave!

Nlhegml.pngPJgHEIC.png

YES. YES YOU SHOULD HAVE!

Kat: …I knew it…

7LjgrVH.png

Not sure why Kat leaves here...

Orca: Isn’t that Barry’s kid? Meh…

Wait, Kat is Barry's kid? That explains a little...

Gunni: …Thank you very much for your help Orca. But it is time that I go.

Orca: No problem. If you need anymore help, we’d be glad to abide!

Gunni: Perfect. Because we need a boat ride to Mage.

Note: Boat defense chapter not included.

Larry: Mage? Why would we go there?

Gunni: I’ve discovered that the Wide Range berserk staff is located there. It was created by a Druid known as Ohana. We need to go to Mage and destroy this staff along with finding this Ohana character.

Gunni proves herself ever-so-slightly smarter than the other characters by suggesting the blatantly obvious: let's destroy the thing that could end this adventure in one fell swoop at any time! Also, she still manages to make a bad decision about it: Why don't we USE the wide-range berserk staff for our own purposes once we get our hands on it? We'll have an S-rank staff user soon...

Larry: That’s all well-intentioned, but we have no way of getting into Mage. We’d need someone on the inside.

gHVrbSn.png

Oh, hey there, miss plot.

Gunni: And you are?

The Hooded Girl: I’m sorry, but I can’t say.

Gunni: And who is this mystery contact then?

The Hooded Girl: A shaman of Mage. I was originally supposed to meet them at Elmon bay…

Hurrah, it's the shamanness we need for supports!

Gunni: Elmon bay is right where I was planning on having us land in Mage. This works out quite well.

The Hooded Girl: Then we will go. But, I have one condition.

Gunni: Which is?

The Hooded Girl: The people known as Donovan, Craft, Sandy, Star, Janet, and Kat must be allowed to continue to travel with us.

How convenient.

Larry: …What?

Gunni: Granted. Let’s go then!

Orca: Before you go, do you mind if my 1st mate Froid accompanies you on your quest? Me and my men have other business to take care of.

What men? We killed everyone! Froid is probably the only one LEFT!

Gunni: Very well. The more allies the better. We must stop Holy before it is to late.

We then transition to...

D80fzeE.png

Kat: of Merc! What fun!

Craft: I’ve been to Mage before. It’s all desert except for the bay we are going to and another bay on the otherside of the peninsula. Not much to see.

Okay, this makes no geographical sense. Mage is a peninsula, with two bays. You CANNOT have a desert exist within a mile of an ocean! THAT'S NOT HOW CLIMATES WORK!

Sandy: I’ve never been to Mage either. Even if it is all Desert, I’m sure it is beautiful in it’s own way… You know, I hear that the Juna Fruit grows in Mage.

JUNA FRUIT? WHAT? HOW?

Craft: It does, but it’s not in bloom right now.

Kat: Juna Fruit?

Sandy: It’s a fruit that makes you feel stronger.

Craft: But believe me kid. You won’t be seeing any on this journey. Maybe next time though.

Blademaster trolls the player here. He mentions the Juna Fruit, but then basically says "not until my FE8 sequel fools!".

xNqLvZC.pngVobDq1N.png

Phew, finally done!

NEXT TIME: We fight a Song!

wow supports are more hilarious then i thought regarding bonuses, let alone convos

I'm surprised you didn't notice, considering I've spent most of Part 2 trying to make Sandy's hit number roll over the game's internal cap.

i don't know if that game ever got finished

From what I can gather from the topic, it goes to Chapter 16, but...I'm not sure.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 18: Chapter 17: Part 1: Exponential growth...?

raOP5x8.pngIg5EBGW.png

This chapter title is...really weird. It will SORT OF make sense later on...

Sr4vA8r.png

Anna: What adventures await our Heros?

Crappy ones?

rU69D16.png

This time, there isn't any walking event.

rrC38A4.png

The Hooded Girl: Sal, it is good to see you. How fair the rebels these days?

Gunni: Rebels?

Yeah, there's a rebellion going on in Mage, and the rebels will be "assisting" us later on.

Sal: Oh, you didn’t know? A group of Mages lead by Lord Claude have started a rebellion against Lord Page. Him and his wife along with a few of his men have been captured though and now only Claire and her three children remain. Last I heard, they were fighting in the desert somewhere.

What a great rebellion, willingly using children as its primary combat force!

Gunni: So it was a failed coup? No wonder I didn’t hear of it.

The Hooded Girl: Tell me Sal, do you know where the location of the Berserk staff is?

Sal: Yes. It’s located in the same castle that Lord Chaud is being held captive.

LORD CHAUD

Gunni: Do you also by chance know the location of a druid by the name of Ohana?

Sal: *text skip*

Dart(?): Sorry to interrupt, but it looks like the enemy has spotted us through the fog. We should get ready for battle.

Naturally.

Gunni: We will continue this conversation later then.

D8cwctd.png

Enemies deploying everywhere in the fog.

erBsHvB.png

Oh hey, it's that guy from Part 1!

Limstella(?): Are you sure those Repub fools are here?

Drum: Of course dear sister. They are on the other side of the forest, by the coast. Now, if you’ll excuse me…

3B7d20T.png

Limstella(?): Guess it’s up to me then.

cajSitM.png

Drum: The enemy will likely achieve victory… I should prepare the castles defenses…

Well, I'm happy that someone doesn't underestimate me, but Drum...you could easily just go help your sister to secure a win!

7p6Z5bq.png6FTreWF.png

Yeah, another route mission. We no longer have Nils's reading helping us, and we won't get it back for a little while...

fCjJJFq.png

Here's the team. Sophie and Janet are the ones being left out.

o0KJ1iG.png

Larry, level 17 but still a D in swords! I think it's because the poison sword gives no weapon XP.

rPthT1Y.png

Here's our position.

Also, there is a MASSIVE power discrepancy in the generic enemies...

jeyuTfj.png

First, the shamans(which come in male and female). Nothing special.

Q5LcHbT.png

Then the male mages. Okay. That's kinda fearsome.

7gQYFYk.png

Then the FEMALE mages. I call them DEF!mages because their defense is NOWHERE NEAR logical for a mage.

Starting the chapter...

qe4ZAll.pngdNeVqEH.png

...Sarcasm?

u5gG2U8.png

Merlinus is actually in a defensible spot this chapter. How nice.

Also, note the appearance of the shamanness... JUST LIKE IN CHAOS MODE... I think that, secretly, Corrupt Theocracy inspired Chaos Mode.

MDbCLf0.pnglA7T6yh.pnguD0lkdj.png

Sal has pretty solid bases. As I've said, we're using her, because we need her weapon type and supports. Now that we have a dark specialist, we have someone who specializes in(S-ranks) every weapon type but bows and anima, and I have a plan for both.

8xMGq19.pngVpqeKFS.pngVGbA3vs.png

You know, most of my units are level 15-16. The game LOVES giving you units that are way lower level than what you have. Nobody but the worthless prepromotes comes as an equal!

I'm not using Froid, since we already have a prospective berserker. A fighter would be useful(the only other one is Ricky!), but he's not a fighter.

hJFMvwp.png

Even WITH supports, she can only barely take out these mages. That defense...

sl1D3OT.png

Strength.

dHUITA7.png

Nick is really an on/off unit.

AXrgwtV.png

GO LARRY! BRING US INTO THE LIGHT!

oKGIKyX.png

...Can I go back to being in the dark?

tPfDxVF.png

So yeah, plenty of enemies.

Hold on though. Let me show you guys something. You see all the prepromotes around?

3NxIO2I.pngiSXCR1A.pngDt3FWSV.png850o2v6.pngJ3S4f1H.pngf9lerh1.png

I could show you more screenshots, but you get the point: EVERY SINGLE PROMOTED UNIT IS A HEALER. THEY ALL HAVE MENDS, WITH THE OCCASIONAL PHYSIC/RECOVER.

So, in other words...Sal is gonna get a LOT of training.

LcSYlTa.png0wAz1am.png

Stealables!

6VXSBtM.png

I finish the first turn with some movement.

1brEZtr.png

The female shaman animation is, of course, glitchy. Back in 2011 it was unavoidable.

gMOcN0i.png

HEALERS

HEALERS EVERYWHERE

Po0Nzlk.png

Gimme!

YnzcPSh.png

I'm serious, if you have weak units that need training, THIS IS THE PLACE. Sal will be getting LOTS of XP, both chip and kill.

g5T8vgR.png

Donovan is the BEST lord.

Y5PSQEC.png

End of the second turn, we're locked in engagements everywhere. This chapter should be called "healer heaven".

n9d7jsz.png

The enemy turn is just lots of this. None of the enemies are all that accurate.

LUuqVpb.png

OH NO

THE HEALERS HAVE SURROUNDED NICK

WHATEVER WILL WE DO

Ief9y9b.png

Speed!

zFqRdAT.png

I only have one more lightning tome. Since I can't leave Mandrake without one, Lila gets no weapons.

piTo7nU.png

She's going to have her first stat capped be speed, isn't she? This is NOT a stereotypical wyvern...

IUW2EJb.png

"Okay passengers, you have all arrived at overkill central, please exit the train in an orderly fashion..."

4kLnqGr.png

"On second thought, stay in the train, we're headed back to wimpville."

5dJwv2w.png

I like how Larry is making HEAVY use of that shiny new speed cap.

G0IFwkd.png

Mandrake knocks down the snag, we need to go help them kill the healer army!

KCt8p0W.png

There's the rest of the enemies, and the Song.

stH3R5B.pngcp9EaXB.png

So...yeah, the boss is literally named Song. This is why the chapter title exists, and it makes sense in a weird way. Most of the bosses in Mage are named after musical stuff.

apkgaAU.png

Keep chugging along, Gringo. If I remember right, we'll get your promotion item next chapter...

zjYBCCR.png

Hey, not bad for a first level!

kGqZ1vv.png

This is the first time in the entire chapter that an enemy actually lands an attack.

Uv7ZBY1.png

See this shaman? She's trying to flee from us. She'll actually exit the map later. I think she has the AI of the thief this chapter had in the original game...

5u8R2jP.pngxAVoDTE.png

Owch! But hey! SPEED CAP!

5PNZq6P.png

CAN KAT CAP STRENGTH? CAN SHE GAIN A POINT OF DEFENSE BEFORE PROMOTION? WHO KNOWS?

Jy3pNcq.png

We're almost finished here...

m7fDyTV.png

So much better than Roy. Did Roy ever get 17 strength? I don't think so.

w0OmANP.png

Nick, WITHOUT Kat's support, is the only one who can attack these enemies WITHOUT brutally tenderizing them. Which I need him to, to feed kills to Sal. If I just let her chip alone, they'll heal each other. FOREVER.

Nt9rnbT.png

Nick doesn't always do a good job, naturally.

ggXEZc8.png

...Something isn't right here...

B9txgHq.png

That's right, Blademaster removed Luna's special effect and made it the Tier 2 dark tome! I know Luna was kinda unbalanced in the main game, but the imbalances in this hack all make Luna pale in comparison.

BfqHRJO.png

Even the DEF!Mages cannot stand up to the combined power of 5 supports.

r3N9Qsj.png

Ah, the all-too-typical "ignore all useful stats" level.

04XA8c5.pngzT9yS0p.png

Things are going great! We're grinding, nothing's going wrong...we're doing well! What could go wrong?

NEXT TIME: The reinforcements come.