TheMoniker plays Corrupt Theocracy

TheMoniker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everybody, I have TERRIBLE news. I finished Chaos Mode, so that means I once again have to play this piece of crap! Ugh, I know, right? Anyways, after a nice long hiatus this LP is returning, and hopefully you all have recharged your "laugh at bad things" juices. Before we get started though, I'm going to "recap" the weird, weird story of this hack so far. Of course, I only BARELY understand it better than you guys, so it obviously isn't perfect.

RECAP:

We began the story when we joined a former-prostitute-turned-tax-collector, Donovan. He fought lots of bandits, then two random people came along, asked them to join him, and he was all "whatever, we got nothing better to do". He promptly abandoned his tax collecting job, despite having made enough money for his retirement fund in one day. Holy, the nation he used to be collecting taxes for, tried to stop him from escaping. They failed. Then, we met up with some more people from Repub, which had had some of its leaders hit with a wide-range berserk staff(eg: A mind control staff). For some reason, nobody thought to use the staff on us. After we freed Repub, they headed through Merc to get to a person who was allegedly a brilliant tactician, and also had Mary Sue powers. Along the way, we battled in such a way that had an odd resemblance to pwning a start-up faction on a minecraft server. Then, we reached Orca, and because both the enemies and us were idiots, we fought and murdered everybody once again. Then, we actually DIDN'T have an obligatory boat level, and arrived in Mage, first, we fought on a bay, then the land switched immediately to full desert(despite the fact that there were lakes around). After we murdered another group of Mages, and watched villians try to predict the future(in a VERY innacurate manner), we will now assault the castle of Mage. Our goal is to destroy the Wide-range Berserk staff that could end the adventure at any time and yet nobody chooses to use it.

PHEEEEWWWW!

Hello babes and bros, and welcome back to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 20: Chapter 19: Part 1: They Never Remember to Disarm the Prisoners

VRPufu7.pngGn5rRUl.png

Guess how this chapter is gonna conclude?

Oh yeah, and we get another(bad) custom map.

3k15dgd.png

Usual enemy deployment.

eUbqhD3.png

We have another walk event to get onto the map. It kinda loses its effect when the enemies are all appearing everywhere though.

fByqyS3.png

Oh yeah, and allies deploy too. Remember the rebel group that was gonna overthrow Mage? They got captured, and here they are.

glSsXdp.png

Dragon lady: You can feel it? How? …Are you part Dragon by chance?

Donovan: No. Are you?

Dragon lady: …Perhaps…

Blademaster is really doing a good job of hiding it.

Donovan: I don’t know why, but I can feel someone… Someone calling me.

This won't be elaborated upon until the end of the chapter! Yay!

Dragon lady: I feel it to. It feels different than what I normally would feel too.

Donovan: I wonder what it is…

irZDzfO.pngnstSSDA.png

Tune: On this day, we will meet our destiny! Execute the prisoners! If we fall, so do they!

To be honest, it's a wonder all the generics are totally okay with this. Seriously, if I were a soldier right now, I would be all "bye bitch".

0A7zBC1.pngtAPePNH.png

Greenie: Now is the time to act!

Chaud: Very well. Niege and I will stay behind. You go and strike.

Greenie: Why would you stay behind?

Niege: We are done fighting. We have killed enough of our brothers and sisters. It is in your hands now.

"We're tired of killing...but we're more than happy to order you to do it!"

Greenie: …Very well. I can understand your feelings.

zSTkXfx.png

...Seriously?

Niege: Yes my love…

END DIALOGUE

d6waHGh.png

Okay, let's get started!

Zvd73gC.pngns2BoTt.png

As you can see, we get a TON of units for this chapter. And we're using ALL those spots! This is the "everybody gets to promote" chapter, so we want to bring everyone along!

jHmTLmz.png

Here's my positioning!

cBbnMGa.png

And the enemy positioning...TOTALLY NOT LAZY OR ANYTHING

Starting the chapter...

Dg4cCSY.png

Hooded girl: Janet… What have I said?

Janet: Sorry Iris…

Iris: …But yes, I feel it too. And so does Donovan.

Janet: *text skip*

Iris: No, he isn’t. This feeling is different.

Janet: Hmmm… You’re right. …Oh! OH! I know what it… is… now… Oh my. I can’t believe the rumors were true…

Iris: What? What is it? …Wait, you don’t mean…

Janet: Yes. He really is here… You can only feel this type of presence if you have meet someone from that era…

Iris: Father…

Janet: Exactly! …But who did Donovan meet?

This conversation is so unremarkable I have nothing to say.

END DIALOGUE

You know, this map lines up kinda nicely...let me see if I can't...

Wo4OFaY.pngsjAPRZR.png

YhL0V5H.pnge5o2jsK.png

Unfortunately, the part of the map with the boss and chests does NOT line up properly, so I can't show it. Sometimes I wonder if I should look into that map-screenshotting program the Something Awful LPers use...

gESrhEN.png

And yes, Merlinus totally did deploy on top of an enemy. This is the part of the game where you REALLY start thinking Blademaster has something against Merlinus.

a20BDJ6.png

You almost think he'll live when you realize that these guys are of course all healers...

UK4svJw.png

But then you realize those shamans up there have Eclipse, which is no longer Hp-to-1, and can one-shot him.

DhnBncN.png

See this thief?

fxjSt4V.png

...Yeah.

qZbg8ER.pngnmiFY4z.png

Tune sure has "excepted" her fate...anyways, she has a Luna(which remember, no longer penetrates defense), fairly good stats, and she gives us our first Physic. She won't be a problem to beat.

Ay6iwqH.png

Hey, let's look at the rebels!

70Wgymi.pnggrTfaU4.pngBTk6gq6.png

Chaud is Pent(with the support, even!), and he cool things in his inventory. Free Afa's drops, money, and a promotion item! We want him recruited.

Oh, uh, actual gameplay uses? He seems like kinda sucky prepromote, since Blademaster has no idea how to make Oifeys(then again, I've never actually used one of the prepromotes...)

Also, these copies violate the normal "naming scheme", which I guess is nice.

Gmkla0C.pngRBEo4hW.png

Niege has a pretty useful inventory too! That silver card is looking good! She also seems like a bad prepromote, as far as stats go...

Also, I should mention here that the game NEVER gives you a standard, ordinary archer. JUST prepromotes. And Part1! Troy, but he isn't even supposed to be used.

VTHKZoO.png

Also, TOTALLY NOT A SEX OBJECT

B0DnRm1.png

The friendly thieves are no better than the enemy ones!

r7p45C4.pngXsUiICF.png

The umpromoted generics have siege tomes, which have been massively buffed. Remember, all weapon weight is 1, so they are MORE than capable of doubling with these.

1aRMmpE.png

Wait, isn't Excalibur supposed to be a legendary? I mean, in normal FE7?

kwMPkkY.png

Well, NOT ANYMORE!

KIAXgon.png

Okay, let's get started! ALL of the enemy generics have unremarkable tier 1 tomes. As a result, they just don't stand a chance.

uCldkfm.png

Woo! Louise still needs training, but he's getting there!

nnY4PYR.png

Not the best way to conclude, Donovan, especially since you haven't maxed anything and you're not promoting anytime soon! Oh well!

0HPfix6.png

Dangit, I meant to have her attack, not rescue! Or...maybe I did? I forget my strategy.

6sEjzLI.png

These guys have Eclipse too. It's not threatening.

iYlEI5O.png

You start too far away from these guys to protect him. I mean, I GUESS you could break out that shiny new Rescue from the desert, or RNG abuse, but it probably isn't worth it. Just have free inventory space for the chest contents.

Ybya7qH.png

Oh great, they're ALREADY dropping.

5z7T5eX.png

This side aggravates me.

2mGgszf.png

Ally phase! And...they're not doing much!

5BFVVvF.png

The thieves let them out...

JbMeNvf.png

Tune: They got captured on purpose! They were waiting for an oppotunity like this! Curse them! CURSE THEM TO HELL!

Okay, so IGNORING the usual "why didn't they disarm the prisoners" stuff, and "what sort of tactics are the rebels using?" stuff(you really should know to expect this by now!), Blademaster did something sorta clever here: He attached the talk script to the rebel thieves opening the door, so she would only talk AFTER they started moving. I mean, sure, it's a workaround at best, but for Blademaster this is genius programming.

NqMeDhx.png

Oh, and now we gotta deal with the trollreinforcements. Weee...

60PvuEO.png

Speed cap!

LP9Q6XX.png

Still a bad dancer.

1pDS8Uh.png

Good level, Mandrake!

Ut5RfRI.png

This guy's gonna be a good general, I can tell.

KUOlBhE.png

Oh yes! She used her last level to gain luck! Now I can finally test it!

...Once we've cleared the enemies!

X1kIFKy.png

Let's GET LOOTING!

mJwaAb1.png

These sorceresses are ALSO healers. Because you can never have enough!

Also, I'm fairly certain that not one enemy actually gets hit by a heal stave this entire chapter.

bUGsgPM.png

Barry's kid, setting out to max the same stats he did! But BETTER!

ff00uxG.png

Nick's a pretty cool cavalier too.

UNJiCT8.png

Uh oh...here they come...

So yeah, these guys are out to murder all the rebels. How well they resist is of course RNG-based, but you should have enough time to get there and help if you hurry. Niege/Chaud are in no real danger thanks to their support.

Gu9hnEs.png

Oh dangit!

I actually have way too many vulneraries, you can take as many as you want

TPTamCV.png

One of the thieves is down! Dangit, I want them to open doors for me!

gLYZtfQ.png

They're holding out fine...

Xbht7hz.png

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

olyDpYh.png

Good game design, right here!

Okay, I'll cut it here for now! But don't worry, I'll have a follow-up soon!

Hello babes and bros. Welcome to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 20: Chapter 19: Part 2: Levels and Death

wueGWoy.png

Star gets a level that lacks strength and yet is still pretty good. That's the most I can ask for at this point.

4qbshsI.png

ALL of these female mages are equipped with "Air burst"-a ONE RANGE custom tome. As a result, they aren't that hard to deal with.

Bs2FYGi.png

Elliot kills the thief and gains his twentieth level. Everyone's getting levels!

0UBRo0P.png

So, here's how its looking at the end of the turn. We're just about ready to back up the rebel forces, and to assault the throne room.

ocAVMJc.png

A second turn of reinforcements. Of course.

YWLQg5V.png

Bluh. We need to get there soon.

cf9dbWf.png

Seriously, if it weren't for the insane numbers of those reinforcements, these guys would be more than fine. I don't know how long they'll live if you just LEAVE them.

L4AbJOT.png

First chest! And...it's an Elysian Whip! Okay! Mary needs that!

KMuT8XK.png

One more observation. See these guys?

1MpEL6B.pngR06a82h.png

DEF!Mages, to the last. If you don't remember what those are, they're generic mages with really high THWOMP stats for no real reason.

U4iEsux.png

No Craft. You do not get a clap.

4AAiYYJ.png

Excellent! She has plenty of time to cap strength. The only stat I'm worried about is defense.

y1fPYIq.png

A third wave of rebel-killers. Just about every reinforcement set has about three waves, so...

dJd7V4U.png

Owch! Louis is doing okay, but these guys are QUITE annoying to kill...

GdjOzHa.png

He has MAG/RES/SPD capped, but not defense. Still, that's better than most mages ever get!

wx8VPOf.pngSVBJJMm.png

Rebel combat continues. Hang on, we're almost there!

fyosBBu.png

HAH! How do YOU like it, enemies!

5JsKhDT.png

That thief alerted me to the fact that for SOME REASON, literally EVERY SINGLE ONE of these guys has a door key. Yes. Yes it is weird.

NFl5qGq.png

Also, they have FE8 NM stats. No wonder the rebels have lasted as long as they have.

Ve9JnoZ.png

The other chest contains a guiding ring! Also useful! We have plenty of magic users! We'll get to start promoting people soon!

v5IQHhj.png

Mandrake gets to helping, and gains more speed. It's the main thing he really needs at this point.

eCR5TyX.png

Beautiful! He's more than ready for a Knight Crest!

QQSMhf6.png

You're already promoted, but you're doing a good job of capping those stats!

lM9TOWw.png

Nearly done.

oqra0Xa.png

A fourth wave? Sure.

1RjDyx9.png

Dang, I liked that thief...

Obx3v8g.png

One of them gets to the boltingspammers. Their prison cell is totally overrun now.

a2O0wV5.png

This guy is the fastest general ever.

lCa1D45.png

And now Mandrake's getting in on the fun. If you ever get the impression that these guys are actually threatening from my screenies, forget it. Outside of the earlygame and certain lategame situations, it's very hard for your units to die because everybody's just so GOOD.

4SQ1i14.png

Fifth wave? Isn't it kind of overkill at this point?

PLWQQE0.png

Here we go!

nn9Ijma.png

Nice teal pallete, I guess.

iaB2e3t.png

Blademaster's buffed all the promotion gains. This is really basically what they all look like. +2s in everything, give or take a few points.

KpCLTDI.png

Beautiful!

As you can see, Blademaster nerfed the skill cap. Why? I don't know.

CqPZEwT.png

Defense, Louise! It's all I ask!

EqmMNqS.png

Dang, Donovan can't do the recruiting! Now I gotta get Sal over there and hope she can do it!

9laYQyY.png

Tankiest monk ever. He's all ready to promote.

uFBw0gW.png

K5NbBAO.png

Sixth wave...sure...

9aLnb6r.png

Don't worry about Gringo.

jvIviCT.png

Healer promotion!

I43Tk7z.png

Is this even different from FE7 Serra?

Hp6cUyH.png

The GAINS are certainly different...

And remember, CON only matters for Rescues now!

DMMVxgl.png

She's still the everything but magictm cleric.

JT02MEe.png

Sal CAN recruit them! Phew!

X3BMohz.png

Sal: What are you doing just sitting here? Let’s go! The battle awaits!

Niege: Sal, good to see you! Sorry to say, but Chaud and I aren’t fighting Mage anymore. We’ve killed enough of our Brother’s and sisters!

Sal: That’s the thing! We’re fighting Holy now! Please, help us!

Wait...what? I know Mage is AFFILIATED with Holy, but...they're still Mage citizens! HOW would this make a difference? Tell her off, Niege!

Gwf55dh.pngBFOJ66q.png

...You know what, screw you.

9Ut5fCS.png

Anyways, Niege can talk to Chaud...

Niege: Chaud, my love. It’s time to go.

Chaud: So you’ve found a cause worth fighting for I take it then? Perfect. Here, take this Bow. I saved it for you.

Niege: Thank you Chaud!

Yeah, if you thought these characters would be anything but idiots, I don't know what to tell you. Blademaster has once again proven that writing is not his strong suit.

qtaznEm.png

Silver bow is nice though.

siCrWk5.png

I was planning to give this to Sal, until Mandrake STOLE IT!

igsxfoi.png

Everybody's palette is BLUE!

5VdL9n1.pngrxr9An9.png

I think Mandrake might be better than Sophie. Maybe.

XDOzNQ5.png

Yeah, whatever.

tSmR1nk.png

Well, we've pretty much got the place cleared...

QaVmtJ5.png

SEVENTH WAVE? SERIOUSLY?

draLbCI.png

Great. Now ALL he has left is Air Burst. The game goes through a period where you get like NO shops for 7-8 chapters(NEVER a good idea) and so all you have to work with are the very few droppables and inventories of the new characetrs that keep popping up everywhere.

jz7smaE.png

These guys stopped being effective long ago! Now they're just annoying! And all this XP is unbalancing the game!

RwZUkQL.png

SEE?

b3Smu7e.png

SEE!?

SBdbxGU.png

YES! FINALLY! THEY STOPPED!

Phew...surely there couldn't be more?

There's more.

dBrQdr2.png

Perfect! You're almost ready!

u09iaSA.png

There are like FOUR chest rooms, and getting them all is VERY annoying, since you have to make Larry run around for DAYS.

Y8uaJGE.png

Seems like we're done...

UtMKj8Q.png

Janet level...

4KLQ1lX.png

OH CRAP MORE

8j3xjgw.png

And there's some down here too!

Savestate powers go...

q1saSb2.png

Yup, there's a second wave. And WHO KNOWS how many more.

UwadPAS.png

Star rushes down to help him...but WILL SHE MAKE IT IN TIME? The sages have a 35 hit chance, and Larry can't take even 1 more hit!

CLIFFHANGER!

YAY! My days of joy and laughter are back!!

glSsXdp.pngDg4cCSY.png

So she put her hood on or are there twin Idoun's? I suppose these are the least of the worries over this hack...

BTk6gq6.pngVTHKZoO.png

Chaud is French for cold, Niege is French for snow. We now know what foreign language Blademaster took in High School.

I suppose I shouldn't be hard on him because I do this all the time, with lesser known languages or otherwise a twist... but really: Cold and Snow?

EDIT: My mistake, Chaud is actually French for hot... So the dude's name is hot and the chick's name is snow... ha...ha...ha...

KpCLTDI.png

Playing normal FE7 again made me understand just how absolutely ridiculous the growths/caps/units are in this hack. I might play it for this reason alone... you know, it'd be the equivalent of breaking something very expensive or punching somebody in the face or otherwise blowing off a ton of steam...

... I've got it!

It's a therapy hack!! Half of it teaches you how much worse FE *could* be and the other half gifts you with dream units of doom!

Edited by Doctor Robert

Chaud is French for cold, Niege is French for snow. We now know what foreign language Blademaster took in High School.

I suppose I shouldn't be hard on him because I do this all the time, with lesser known languages or otherwise a twist... but really: Cold and Snow?

EDIT: My mistake, Chaud is actually French for hot... So the dude's name is hot and the chick's name is snow... ha...ha...ha...

Now watch as their child is named Eau.

Also wtf is with those caps, Wyvern Lord must have 30 Str/Def and 26-27 Spd for crying out loud.

Well, I'm glad that you're all glad the hack is back...even if it does make me question your collective sanity.

YAY! My days of joy and laughter are back!!

So she put her hood on or are there twin Idoun's? I suppose these are the least of the worries over this hack...

I would have said something, but I wasn't entirely sure they were the same person. You're right about both things, of course.

...Wow...I don't know if that's some zany coincidence, assuming you aren't joking, but...wow.

Playing normal FE7 again made me understand just how absolutely ridiculous the growths/caps/units are in this hack. I might play it for this reason alone... you know, it'd be the equivalent of breaking something very expensive or punching somebody in the face or otherwise blowing off a ton of steam...

Really, once you get to the point where you units gain the ability to ROFLstomp everything, this hack IS a good way to blow off steam. In difficulty, coming from playing Chaos Mode, this is the equivalent of jumping out of a volcano and landing in a tropical resort.

... I've got it!

It's a therapy hack!! Half of it teaches you how much worse FE *could* be and the other half gifts you with dream units of doom!

At first I doubted your theory, but looking at all the assets reused from FE7, you MUST be right!

Responses in bold.

Also wtf is with those caps, Wyvern Lord must have 30 Str/Def and 26-27 Spd for crying out loud.

I didn't even notice the new stats caps, although, I'm starting to wonder if they're taken from FE7if, comparing this LP to that new one...the umpromoted units seem to have the same altered caps...

Hello babes and bros. Welcome back to...

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 20: Chapter 19: Part 3: Drowning in Promotions

OlPJ6nl.png

Larry does NOT survive...

(oh wait, yes he does. No RNG abuse involved or anything.)

OmYFNMH.pngPGOrWvv.png

Here's the Mages hit chance. Yeah, it's kinda BS because these guys ambush your thief once the castle is already clear.

7TZpwcA.png

Meanwhile, let's kill the boss! Mandrake's support is contributing a lot of those stats, btw.

eFu46c9.png5hNirW8.png

Once again, a perfeclty generic red palette.

5QH6Hdk.png

There is no battle quote OR death quote. Just a physic.

EuCOZvK.png

And more reinforcements.

c9tAScp.png

HE LIVVVEESSS

x75fLXD.png

These guys are still "helping"...by which I mean, stealing my kills! Stop!

9iC7lhS.png

Pretty meh level...at least, by this hack's standards!

lzeqNgX.png

Strength. Strength is good.

aaUzxlU.png

Oh dangit, now Larry can't go on that chest! He has like 4 res, he can't tank magic.

DMtlchY.png

What, done already? After JUST three turns?

fG6Iz3G.png

Another guiding ring? O...kay, I guess I can use more...

kQvsf9A.png

Speed!

eZqrhwQ.png

Meh. Then again, she actually has capped some of her stats,

HHrkXOk.png

Keep working on that strength!

rRTWexY.png

MY KILLS

fpGaarg.png

Uh...I guess this could be good if you were using Flora or whatever as well...

4Q1dBMP.png

Level cap! Keep in mind that he managed to cap three of his stats! So far, I'm not really feeling Nina's death. I don't even know if she was good.

JBJMcN4.png

Magic!

Lnss9oJ.png

Annnnd we're done. Wrap-up time!

DTCbvTm.png

SalxJanet! You remember this "pairing", don't you?

Sal: L-lady Janet! What are you doing!?

Janet: Oh! Sal! I was trying to rearrange my clothes to make my breasts look bigger. Can you help me?

Sal: Certainly not! Put your top back on this instance!

THESE SUPPORTS

And yeah, just like EirikaxForde, this is all text.

Janet: Aw, what’s wrong? We’re both girls right?

Sal: W-well… Yeah…

Janet: Great! So just come and help me for a second…

Ox97j61.png

Why can't all supports be like these!

And yes, it gets even WORSE in the A support.

IGjDJEM.png

Another promotion!

NKVimnK.png

Oh boy, ANOTHER generic blue palette! I guess the green tunic is there, but...

pKb9PA6.png

More insane promotion gains.

IwE58ja.png

Have these caps been altered? I don't have much to compare them to.

1UHFkqW.pngCjEreXY.pngfTpzViQ.png

...These chests contain ENTIRELY promotion items, don't they.

yeah, this castle is chock full of chest rooms, and gets you all excited...only for EVERY SINGLE ONE to be a promotion item. I mean, it's not like that's BAD, but the occasional white gem or sweet weapon is good too!

Not to mention, with no Merllinus, you'll have a hard time holding on to them all! You'll need to keep pack mules near Larry!

g7TTCMw.png

Fast forwarding a bit...

86RkPhH.png

THERE'S ONLY SO MANY SHADES OF BLUE YOU CAN SEE BEFORE IT GETS BORING

TldwSvG.png844J21P.png

Those caps look really nice. Did paladins get a defense buff?

y3Rne9v.png

Okay, it's finally time for a sorceress!

J2Zw3GJ.png

Wa-

9swUL5J.png

SHE PROMOTES TO SAGE!?!!?

bnSWDxA.png

Because using a sorceress would apparently be too FUN, shamannesses promote into a modified female sage(not the MAG cap). Of course, as you saw earlier, there are PLENTY of druids on the enemy team!

ghR1Yo7.pngZueLNOb.png

The ONE saving grace is that they keep their dark rank(which male sages don't have). Honestly, they're basically reskinned normal druids. The only question is... WHY?

NTPwRB0.pngBP9Hg5F.pngAZiVFlL.png

We don't need any of these, EXCEPT for the Fell contract. We WANT that, because we need it for Larry and Craft, Since Craft has a custom class, I guess I can not prioritize Larry...ESPECIALLY since Larry has that LOLbuffed speed cap.

k6AYtdF.png

Craft promotes into...

INTO...

zk9q8d2.png

A...Hawkeye bandit...

Yeah, this is the MOST custom class Blademaster has, and...this is it. It doesn't get any more custom than this.

Zaggwgs.png

And while his Chief Bandit gains are weak...

OWiMcOA.png

His caps are some of the MOST RIDICULOUS YET.

95XBwYC.png

Also, note the pirate map sprite. That is SO. LAME.

Oh hey, looks like those guys are in good support formation!

nFo9F0n.png

Now I can try out that thing...

xRrWXf9.png

Equip the wind sword and-

HZYuVAt.png

...Huh. Turns out the game DOESN'T break when you go over 255 hit! What do you know? Now I'm wondering if there even IS a max!

2Jrjz4Q.png

Now, you ready for something REALLY weird? Nick is right next to Janet. He CAN'T support. And then, one the same turn, if we put Janet next to Nick...

MgV6GNP.png

They CAN support. So, only Janet can initiate the support? How odd...

Nick: Well. A dancer. How lovely.

Janet: You look familiar. Have we met before?

Nick: I doubt it.

Janet: Ah! I know! You look like Noah!

Uh...

Nick: Who?

Janet: Noah! From the Fire Emblem card game. One of Zealot’s troops.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BetterThanABareBulb

EXCEPT NOT REALLY

Note: The link will give you more "entertainment" than the whole of this LP combined. Don't click it.

Nick: Card games? Card games are for children. And people with money so that they can screw the rules.

7EVdFXE.png

As we've seen, this isn't even the WORST of the supports.

mQ0ud8a.png

I was worried, but it turns out the support is two-sided after all. I guess the weird talking requirements were just weird.

MJwmaQa.png

FINISH TIME

Also, are you ready for a MASSIVE story dump? I sure hope so!

MKLrlCs.png

Hey, let's use it for ourselves!

Larry: Not anymore!

Elliot: At last… Now we don’t have to worry about that staff anymore…

And thus, with no sound effects, flashes, or ANYTHING, the plot weapon was destroyed. And nobody even THOUGHT to try and use it on OUR enemies. Man...

Iris: But we’re not done here yet…

Donovan: Iris! Janet! This way!

WaZSPQx.png

Larry: He disapeared…

rW9oz7r.pngQ1Y5XMd.png

No need to sound so excited, Ms. Danslut!

9vhzSaJ.pngC4S5eRL.png

Elliot: They disapeared too. What’s happening here?

So, this scene is really weird. First it seems like the characters are all following each other somewhere...but the other characters imply that they just randomly disappeared. I don't get it.

neO57vw.png

Iris: Hmm?

IgaABBi.pngwFqz6vN.png

Oh, this is gonna be one of THOSE scenes.

Guardianbro: What business do you have here?

Janet: ? Lack the what? Who are you?

Guardianbro: I am the one who sealed Pyron. They call me Brammimond.

I feel like I recognize that name from somewhere...if that's actually an original name, it's almost CLEVER, so that means Blademaster couldn't have thought of it... hmmm.... where is the name from...

Brammimond: If you are here, that means you have

dyHPGN7.png

Yeah, we meet them!

4fkZ8MS.png

Brammimond: must be the case.

Iris: Brammimond… Incredible… The legend in person…

Donovan: Alester? I meet a man with that name when I was a kid. He said the same thing you did. You who lack the right… What does that mean?

So, Donovan met Alester in his childhood. But...is that how Alester greets everyone? "You who lack the right?". When he invites his family for dinner, does he say "You who lack the right?". When he needs someone out of the way, is he like "excuse me, You who lack the right"?

Brammimond: It means you can’t wield the Dragons Bane or Ereshkigal…

I get Ereshkigal, but it looks like Donovan for some reason won't be able to use the awesome sword. Dang.

Brammimond: But I sense something from you three. You are here for a reason. You two girls… You have meet Urien and Gill yes?

Iris: Gill is the name of our father.

INCREDIBLE PLOT REVELATION

Well not really

Wait, "our" father?

Brammimond: I see. Yes, and you young man met Alester before he was killed. By he who held the right…

Donovan: He saved me when I was lost in the woods of Merc as a child.

Brammimond: Well, he’s dead now.

SO SENSITIVE

Brammimond: Killed by one of his only three remaining descendants. Tragic.

Iris: So…Why were we brought here?

490fTef.png

What a great guardian!

Brammimond: I’m done dealing with humanity. The last two people who came here took advantage of my generosity(not sure if this is ever elaborated upon). Ohana and Aurora… Do you know of them?

Janet: Yes! We are looking for Ohana! But who is Aurora?

Brammimond: Ohana… She can be found at Alesters grave in Merc. Aurora isn’t hard to find.

Iris: Since he is the current pope.

Aurora? That's...an interesting name for a Pope...

Donovan: Woah… Really?

Iris: We’re looking for Ohana to stop the Berserk staves. And Aurora is seeking to revive Pyron. And my father seeks the same.

Brammimond: …I’m not surprised. So they seek my descendants, the keys?

Janet: Yes. And they have two of them. Nova and Astra have been captured.

Suddenly, a new plot element is introduced out of nowhere!

Brammimond: Two of my four Grand Children… …Evan and Knick seem to be safe… And of my two children Regal and Lucy… Lucy is dead. And yet it’s Regal’s children who have been captured. Very well.

pjAGUOk.png

Well, he sure wasn't hard to convince!

Iris: Really?

Brammimond: Yes. But I will need time(eg: We won't see him again until the end of the game). Seek out Ohana and he who has the right for now.

6KjwsKr.png

Donovan: And your father is the King of the Dragon clan?

Janet: Yeah. But we have different mothers. Makes us seem sexier right?

Oh, this again. At least Donovan seems to be immune t-

F3CR0u0.png

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO AGREE WITH THEM DONOVAN

Iris: …..

Janet: Hmmm? Iris? Are you blushing?

Iris: N-no, of course not…

If you thought Iris was unaffected by Donovan's informed attractiveness, then you were WRONG.

Janet: You know, I wouldn’t mind sharing Donovan with you if you really wanted!

Iris: …We should go.

7yMX4zC.png

Elliot: And he told you where to find Ohana and that he would help us?

Janet: Yep! It was so exciting!

Iris: I think it would be best to head to Merc now and meet her now.

Donovan: I agree. I’m sorry that we can’t save your Father yet Elliot.

Elliot: It’s alright Donovan. Lila and I will be fine.

When we have a SUDDEN TRANSITION to...

6Oxd2cd.png

Page: So it would seem.

Nergal(?): And how fares the future Page?

Page: …It is more visable. Now, I see the fall of Repub as we know it.

Kenneth(?): And what of our fates?

RkndWom.png

Considering how incredibly incorrect all these predictions turn out to be, it's a wonder ANYONE has stock in fate.

Page: Repub will fall and then the Pope himself will be the one to kill Gill and Urien!

Kenneth(?): And Brammimond?

Page: …Why, it seems you are the one to kill him Arch Bishop Kaleb!

Kaleb: …Yes! Excellent! I will inform his Holiness now!

Way to give the villains characterization, Blademaster...

DpoEJDY.png

NEXT TIME: We get sidetracked from our main mission and go around doing random stuff for a super long time... the good news is...it actually sort of bites the characters in the butt later...(for once!)

I'm so glad this is back.

Btw, that's probably the worst naming sense i've seen in a game. "Chaud" means Hot in french, but Niege doesn't mean anything (Neige means Snow, though). So yeah, he even screwed up on names. Even without that fail, "Hot" is the worst name you could give to your child... Or this could have been completely (bad) luck, your choice.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 21: Chapter 20: Part 1: The Slowest Chapter Yet

paDnee0.pngGcIy7KI.png

Welp, here we go. There will be one more custom map after this one, then we'll be back to him stealing FE7 maps.

FwkIHDd.png

Anna: to heart, the group heads to Merc in search of the Druid Ohana. But little did they know, they were about to be caught up in an age old conflict…

Which, naturally, is entirely unrelated to the overarching conflict!

wpsdPs1.png

Walk event...

qWcsHZ4.pngAueLZDZ.png

AND THEN PEOPLE DEPLOY EVERYWHERE

And yes, this IS a fog+rain chapter. For little reason other than to be annoying. Yay...

xmSBAFJ.png

Sandy: Well, I for one love it! The humid feeling that the rain leaves… Ahhhh, so relaxing.

Larry: Well, even with all this rain I still have no problem seeing. And right now, I don’t very much like what I see.

Hellen: And why is that?

Larry: Looks like some Nomads are fighting ahead.

Sandy: Must be the Hawk and Wolf clans. They are always fighting.

Craft: And for what reason would that be?

Sandy: I dunno. Not many Merc’s generally do. Some kind of private clan matter.

And we won't be learning anytime soon. We can't know for sure until the hack concludes, but Blademaster tries to act all mysterious about people's reasons for things, and it comes off as him being too lazy to think of a real reason rather than something you're actually curious about.

Larry: Well, it looks like the more green looking ones are having trouble.

Sandy: Ah, that would be the Wolf Clan. If we want to get through, we should probably capture the Hawk Clan’s tent.

Wait...what? Why can't we side with the HAWK dudes, the strong ones? If we want to get through, we help them mop up in exchange for passage! Why do we always have to take the BAD option?

Larry: But then we would make it seem that we would ally ourselves with them!

Craft: Too late for that kid. The Hawk Clan has already started to move against us whole the Wolf Clan is sending what looks like an envoy.

Not sure if Larry was actually suggesting we side with them. The grammar is too bad to be sure.

Hellen: I’ll tell everyone to get ready for battle.

uYbCwy1.png

And here's the "envoy" now!

jJVF59s.png

Rath(?): I must return to the battle and lead our troops as the Chiefs son.

Note: In addition to not moving from his current position on the map, this guy in gameplay has no interest whatsoever in heading downwards, where the rest of the allied nomads are(I'll show them soon).

And in all honesty, it's a good thing. If he tried to lead his "troops" into battle, he'd be SCREWED.

Kaze: Be careful brother. I will see if those travelers will help us.

Rath(?): Be safe sister. May the Sun, Earth, Moon, Seas, and Wind watch over you.

SnJIb6N.pngknpk1Jg.png

Fe6 boss: Normally, this would not bode well, but the weather is in our favor. You, guard the tent. My prowess on the battle field must be known.

Generic: Sir!

So, this guy does what every boss ever has been too stupid to do: Actually get his butt off the throne and help his men wipe the enemies. Of course, it's not like he's enough of a threat that this is a problem. D-list villain, right here.

END DIALOGUE

uJStBRN.png

Whatever, let's get started. He got the chapter number wrong again too! And it's actually kind of important, because the chapter number determines whether or not we have Nils's reading, and I have new characters whose supports I want to see!

28mPXD3.png

T-t...

TEN UNITS? SERIOUSLY?

Yeah, this is the point where your deployment count starts going crazy. I'm really just not sure. As you can see, I've made the best of it, but many people won't get to come.

PEJs47v.png

I have NO anima tomes for Louise! He's stuck with 1 range! IN A CHAPTER FILLED WITH BOW USERS!

Stupid lack of shops...

M7yZ5tJ.png

MONEY

eQtymIr.png

No, I'm not giving it to Craft. I'll be giving it to one of the new people this chapter, and I want it in Craft's inventory.

1PrAhyn.png

The positioning is really bad, considering the rain. The people towards the corner will NOT be catching up until the very end of the chapter.

Starting the chapter...

dZEeNSL.png

Donovan: It’s nice to see that even with all this fighting, you haven’t changed.

Sandy: Well, you have changed. Especially around those two girls.

Donovan: Jealous?

Sandy: Not really. I’m more happy to see you acting like you used to instead. Infact… It probably won’t be long before *text skip*

Is this supposed to imply that being around Janet is making Donovan a better person?

...What?

Donovan: No. That still has a long ways to go.

HYGtg1V.png

Sandy: He definitely likes her. And maybe Iris too… He’s just that kind of guy…

Yeah, A PROSTITUTE.

XX7w7xv.png

So, the generic friendlies are down here, ready to lead a charge on the enemy throne. Also, WHY is Merlinus with them? I think what Blademaster intended is that you have to hurry down there and to give you a reason to go help the generics. But, even assuming good intent, it simply doesn't work, as we'll see.

KQABZis.png

The friendlies themselves certainly aren't weak, and they have a varied weapon selection, but there's only five.

7yjo9CF.png

Not the WORST map, but definitely not the BEST. The only thing that confuses me is that lake, which has no rivers leading in or out of it. Is that where the clan gets it's water? I don't think that water should be used for ANYTHING...

But then again, maybe it is fresh, since the rain apparently never stops.

Oh yeah, and those two greenies closer to us are the envoy. Let's look at them.

uH1Kq67.pngvvAKPKN.pngxtYIr37.png

Wraith is an unpromoted nomad, like his sister. He's the "balanced" one of the two, with a bigger focus on stats OTHER than skill/speed. Still, we're not using him, because I want to give one of these guys the Afa's drops(almost called it stimulant!), and this guy has a higher base level than his sister.

Of course, he could make a great prepromote if you use that Orion's bolt right off the bat.

8ggs7pp.pngEGY3VxE.pngOc0YEFQ.png

Kaze is the "focused" of the two, with a lower starting level and more focus on her stats. Of course, her growths in speed/skill won't matter for a bit, because she's ALREADY CAPPED THEM. Either way, of the two, she's the one we're using. Since the game gives us no standard archers, we have to rely on nomads as the bow representatives for the team! How nice!

W5h7FP8.png

The enemies are starting to really scale up here. Unpromoted mooks will be gone soon, and these ones aren't exactly weak. Of course, our guys are so insane we'll be steamrolling these fools regardless.

Y4EmNv5.png

Did I mention that the umpromoted ones ALL have short bows?

90Sxcp1.png

The promoted generics...aren't much better than the unpromoted ones. In fact, they may well be worse.

Also, nomads are the ONLY type of enemy/ally we'll be seeing in this chapter AND the next. The enemy army consists of ENTIRELY ONE UNIT TYPE.

However, to be fair, I have to add something: Blademaster gave them different weapons. Some have poison weapons, some have longbows/silver blades, some have steel bows... still doesn't fix the overarching problem, though!

Sfusbsw.png

The map is kinda small. This should reveal LOTS of it.

Tqi0eSf.png

Well...not that much, I suppose.

sT1RKL7.png

Also, that line of nomads continues along the entire cliff. It's...weird.

dix5mfD.png

Mandrake gets started on them, and gains an okay level.

JK7ddA5.png

With Janet's help he kills another. It's frustratingly hard to kill these guys, since the rain means the majority of your guys JUST BARELY can't reach them.

RburC4F.png

Oh yes! Mandrake is great!

FMKAqPf.png

They all dogpile Janet, but don't manage to hit her much.

IGzONB9.png

Yeah...

RQ4oI6s.png

As I said, the concept with Merlinus doesn't work, because he dies ON THE FIRST TURN.

8vCqzm2.png

Well, I guess we'll see how the generics hold up!

1JPPATK.png

The "envoy" moves up. They MIGHT be trying to talk with Donovan, but it's more likely they're heading for those enemy nomads.

aIdRxaL.png

The allies manage to nab some kills. They aren't THAT pathetic, but their offense just isn't good enough to succeed.

7mvEyEa.png

Sheesh Mandrake! You sure are desperate to prove your usefulness!

6RcxGdw.png

Really, that insane crit you get from supports is more than enough!

11WPctL.png

For some reason, a group of four looks way weaker than a group of five.

smgmmtC.png

Regardless, they continue trading kills.

iYwfnlS.png

Donovan can't talk to Wraith-he HAS to talk to Kaze.

Kaze: Excuse me! Are you the leader of this army?

Donovan: No. Some princess chick named Gunni is. What’s up?

Kaze: Please! My clan needs your help! Can you help me save my Brother and friends?

Donovan: Well, we’re already fighting the Hawk Clan, so sure.

Kaze: Really? Thank you! I’ll go tell my brother!

What a great recruitment convo...

0tQBbxp.png

Next, you need to have Kaze recruit Wraith.

Kaze: Brother! The army has agreed to help us!

Wraith: Good. But now, we owe them a debt.

Kaze: And our Clan’s law states that a debt must be paid back!

Wraith: Exactly. After this battle, let us see how we can pay them back for their help.

aoKxh43.png

Thanks to Janet, Kaze gets right to killing. She isn't half-bad, honestly.

TONqiws.png

Seriously, our party is just so STRONG!

If the final boss was thrown at us right now, we might actually be able to take him. I'm entirely serious.

Pekc0LD.png

The allied group is disintegrating. We'll be alone soon.

cO5m6rY.png

Kaze gets attacked, but she holds up okay.

R7p3CjO.png

And then I have her use the DROPS!

PbIE5Wo.png

Oh, I almost forgot this guy! He's the boss who wasn't content just to sit on his thron!

Ilx6Qhn.pngm7l4sJB.png

As I said, not really a threat.

f5ECAUG.png

And the line is continuing. It's odd...what sort of strategy is them lining up below the cliffs? I can understand if they did it ON TOP OF the cliffs, but...

EvhxepG.pngO9uqt4s.png

Larry starts, Kaze finishes!

EK0guMr.png

Remember, Afa's drops are still just a 5% increase. It'll be hard to notice at first. And she has maxed her two best stats.

2hs9USv.png

This poor greenie is the only one left...but he ISN'T GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

26Ii3RI.png

Larry moves down more, and the castle guard really is just a generic.

eot72fS.png

Oh no, his inventory is nonstandard. Nevermind.

MDkHiTx.png

Everythingbutmagicandmagictooclerictm

BBKQGQF.png

Bad Dancertm

9NE0eA2.png

We're moving down...it might look like we're nearly finished, but trust me...

We're not.

cZBdxZv.png

Oh yeah, and our allies are gone too.

You know, this new story arc that starts this update...in my memory, it was 3-4 chapters long with tons of annoying chapters, and essentially being a filler arc in an entire filler hack. I wasn't looking forward to it. Since I have a backlog and have played ahead, I now remember that it has 2 chapters, one of which(the next one) is my favorite chapter in the game...and I say that relative to all the other chapters, of course. It's sort of like an inverted nostalgia filter.

doctor robert, your a genius, if you told me you weren't a real doc, i wouldn't believe them.

At first I doubted your theory, but looking at all the assets reused from FE7, you MUST be right!

I'll be taking my Nobel Prize now! ^_^ Or maybe just an honorary Sword of Seals??

...ingenious!!

And their other child will be named Vapeur...

Nick: Who?

Janet: Noah! From the Fire Emblem card game. One of Zealot’s troops.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BetterThanABareBulb

EXCEPT NOT REALLY

Note: The link will give you more "entertainment" than the whole of this LP combined. Don't click it.

Nick: Card games? Card games are for children. And people with money so that they can screw the rules.

As we've seen, this isn't even the WORST of the supports.

I think it's one of the best... considering NoahxFir and most of the others...

Also YAY for TVTropes! One of the handiest sites for a writer........... (no doubt Blademaster was actually aware of some of them...)

I feel like I recognize that name from somewhere...if that's actually an original name, it's almost CLEVER, so that means Blademaster couldn't have thought of it... hmmm.... where is the name from...

Not enough M's.

Janet: Yes. And they have two of them. Nova and Astra have been captured.

Suddenly, a new plot element is introduced out of nowhere!

Brammimond: Two of my four Grand Children… …Evan and Knick seem to be safe… And of my two children Regal and Lucy… Lucy is dead. And yet it’s Regal’s children who have been captured. Very well.

Ah, another TVTrope!!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AerithAndBob

Appreciate the support as usual. I NEED it to keep going...

wait wait wait. . . they actually have some consequences for there actions coming up as mentioned in the previous update?

mind blown

also enemy vairiety/10 would feel threatend toats,

Maybe I was exaggerating a bit... They suffer consequences for all the basically nothing they spent 10 or so chapters accomplishing(okay, they defeated an enemy nation, but most of the other chapters didn't advance the plot much), however, none of the characters realize the logical connection between their actions and the consequences, and thus it isn't remarked upon. So them suffering consequences is a headcanon at best.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 21: Chapter 20: Part 2: Reinforcements

6CEmmWJ.png

I gave you Afa's drops be better unit oh man.

aQQeRKK.png

Mack is kinda a tough boss...but remember, we can bring SUPPORTS into the equation...

5Ywi4Z9.png

After some healing...

2XUoCEN.png

Oh, and there's apparently more nomads down there.

Yaf4wVQ.png

We lure him a bit closer(okay maybe that was a bad idea).

L3Gik8D.png

Uh...nice dodge?

Lq9YyWA.pngvFjsuLz.png

Weakening... And a generic red palette...

DTPldy2.png

And Kaze finishes!

UehwVb1.png

Yeah okay, we get it.

Q7uBGlh.png

Defense!

lAhykGQ.png

Sal's gaining levels pounding the nomads coming around this side too.

TRSIFX1.png

Larry has to start running away, and the main tent is cast in shadow. Let's go down there!

kSfYdHx.png

Oh, and you can visit some of these houses!

cAxvT0a.png

Nomadlady: It is the Sky and Wind’s way of letting the Nomad know they are ready for the next step. See for yourself.

1nO77Y9.png

I guess an extra Orion's bolt if you want to use both nomads is nice, especially since we didn't get any last chapter.

gktS26x.png

When suddenly, REINFORCEMENTS START SPAWNING

3n7qV1J.png

And now they're coming out to MURDER us!

nHPPDha.pngkzujNPo.png

Also, Larry reveals a random generic hiding in the unreachable woods. You can kill him if you have fliers, but we don't. I think if you kill him, Jake gives you some special dialogue, but it's nothing important. It's NEVER anything important.

fJYnD5y.png

More good design(actually Klok did the same thing so)

VNC7KW4.png

Yes Craft! You need good levels to hit all your amazing caps!

VbeWSzF.png

More reinforcements from the forts. The forts are QUITE hard to approach because dudes keep spilling out from them ON ENEMY PHASE.

GKvFvWr.pngJeMt8pd.pngEbwTieg.pngswWQSm0.pnga6YFwMg.png

So...we now have three Orion's bolts. There were two nomads who joined this chapter. And, as I've said, unpromoted archers don't even EXIST in this hack. There are no more nomads coming, so that means we have MORE NOMAD'S BOLTS THAN WE COULD POSSIBLY USE.

I mean, I GUESS you could count Part!Troy, but he's not even intended to be used!

oSR47e5.png

A third wave. Okay. That should be enough though, right?

wh6fBfK.png

Sal is running out of HP and is being chased down by the nomads now. She can't even counterattack because of stupid longbows.

LIfXpYj.png

And now the poison bows are hitting too! I hate poison!

9y0OH32.png

Bluh. Her two best stats are ungettable right now, but that's no excuse! I mean, why didn't Blademaster buff nomad speed/skill like he did for archers? His class buffs are really inconsistent!

09nUtSL.png

He's literally gaining speed every level. This is not the gains you would expect from a bandit.

cebwu6Q.png

A fourth wave? Dangit, come on!

xyoeiw6.pngtkH5eXp.png

I CALL BS

jTRrtWy.png

Oh, you've GOT to be-

UWT0kfc.png

Yup.

gjZFthI.pngRM49pWY.png

Redo. Things go different.

SFGn9uL.pngafEtloC.png

And their levels are WAY better, even I do lose a RES point for Craft.

FL5DM8S.png

Savestate foresight powers, activate!

CBEqi88.png

THERE'S A FIFTH WAVE

OF LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME ENEMIES

IS NOTHING EVER ENOUGH

cU97wku.png

Alright, last house. I just hope it isn't another Orion's bolt...

ngF8Ycu.pngifk4Uvn.png

Fisherman: I think it’s an Ocean Seal. They’re used to promote pirates… and one other class. I think it begins with an S. Oh! And they use lances! Here, take it.

Gee, I sure wonder how we're going to find out what other class that seal promotes...

FT5eRPF.png

I SURE WONDER

cTfLmib.png

Sal is healed up, and now she's FIGHTING BACK!

tQUbrqy.png

And gaining stats!

GxesrQI.png

Kaze is racking up kills easy what with these reinforcements.

HCqVzUR.png

Okay, surely there couldn't be a

CWql9wQ.png

SIXTH WAVE

THIS IS NO LONGER ENTERTAINING

qKi9d72.png

We move close, and manage to reveal the boss guarding the fort! Looks like he doesn't move. He shouldn't be hard to kill. I showed his inventory earlier. Hopefully, we're getting closer to done...

tyH5GAw.png

Oh yeah. and these houses? You can't visit them. Presumably because the inhabitants are too busy trying to fit like 10 nomads and their houses in those tiny things.

h8nVDH5.png

Now he's REALLY gaining facerolling power...Craft is one of the BEST endgame characters, because of levels like this combined with beautiful caps.

hm2mgYg.png

This lady's just holding out until promotion.

Z0OAYix.png

Phew, we have two of the houses blocked...we should be able to win soon...

also, I'm fairly certain that a SEVENTH wave comes offscreen.

ph6Wt8Q.png

Uh huh. Gain some defense, Sal.

QgDuEcd.png

I want Kaze to kill the guard.

XZKXMbt.png

This is like the worst level he's gotten.

QFkVl1s.pngid5iEtw.png

Dead, with Janet's help! Bad level, of course.

fYeFgxO.png

EIGHT WAVE

ARE YOU FLIPPING SERIOUS

I MEAN

DID BLADEMASTER EVEN PLAYTEST THIS

DID HE EVER THINK "HEY, MAYBE I HAVE TOO MANY ENEMIES HERE"

K3PovJB.pngqgcRVlB.pngNMtFfaq.png

AND THEN THEY ALL DOGPILE CRAFT AND KILL HIM

cHrjICK.pngPVXcbwi.png

jvbutrE.png

On the redo, I get this level.

UHE5z7G.png

WHO HAS THE THRONE NOW

AIy7376.png

I really don't like how Louis's only tome is a 1-range Air Burst. I REALLY don't like it.

rUZlGOG.png

NOW MANY NOMADS IS THE GAME SPAWNING

oDU6pON.png

Hey! I thought thrones were supposed to HEAL status effects!

3iUySmA.png

Keep getting levels Sophie, I'll want you to be spamming status staves later in the game!

HCofuIq.pngHEWlZcL.pngb9xbgWj.png

I'm just...DRAINED of my level commentary. So yeah. These things. They happen.

xJBTUnk.png

Nick finally finally FINALLY catches up to the front line for some training after moving 2 frickin' squares in this stupid rain every turn.

7ULQYOO.png

Wait...do you see that?

Do you see it?

It's the beautiful sight of...

NO MORE REINFORCEMENTS!

94oDUPI.png

The ones left all go for Janet, to little effect.

RV6O2pv.pngrPy1CgD.pngaBNSLqt.png

Another set of amazing levels...

JHmCfD4.png

And we're done.

XtY0ocG.png

SalxJanet A! Here we go!

Sal: …

Janet: Ha! I always knew it! The way you would act around my sexy body… You’re actually a boy!

Sal: …

Janet: This is great! Now I can make you be my second boyfriend and Donovan won’t get suspicious at all!

Sal: …What have I gotten myself into…?

nApnsxy.png

So...I'm fairly certain the dialogue isn't lying. Sal actually IS a dude, dressed like a lady, in reverse Shiek fashion. Once again, the question is... WHY?

9AboWxJ.png

Elliot and Kaze can support! This is great, I was wondering when I'd get Elliot a partner!

Elliot: Wow. What beauty.

Kaze: ?

Elliot: Ah, forgive me. I was just admiring the cloth you are wearing. It is quite beautiful.

Uh...

Kaze: I would like to think so, considering I made it.

Elliot: Really? Could you teach me how to make such clothes?

Kaze: …I am surprised that a noble would want to learn such a task, but I see no reason not to teach you.

2eCIwDr.png

To be entirely honest, for a C support that wasn't that bad.

yyWx4fv.png

Nick and Janet, to max out our dancer's supports!

Nick: Hey dancer girl.

Janet: Hey Noah. What’s up?

vNmXO7D.png

The conversation does a de-syncing thing again. For some reason.

Janet(???): with each other again so I wanted to say hi. Oh. Alright then.

07k16AB.png

This is a B support! And I'll bet their A support that we won't see contains professions of love, just to increase the stupidity.

TPUFIYo.png

Note that I'm NOT actually doing this support, I'm just using savestates to see it. I want to continue DonovanxLarry support chain a bit.

Larry: …

Donovan: Sometimes it’s appropriate to say thank you to those who save your ass you know.

Larry: …

Donovan: Well, you are only a thief at heart. You’re naturally a coward. Unable to fend for himself.

U5UixIl.png

Yeah, the A support might be different but we won't see it. Say, anyone wanna hack into the corrupt theocracy ROM and extract all the supports?

7k3sl4W.png

Whatever, let's leave.

FCo9OET.png

Elliot: Aero guild?

Kat: Oh yeah! We are!

Larry: Aero Guild?

Gunni: That’s the guild Shark and Kerri are from. If we’re near there, perhaps we should hire more Mercenaries.

So, Shark, that coolname we've been hearing about, will actually show up soon. Isn't that nice?

Kat: Maybe we can hire my Dad! He’s part of the Merc 5!

Gunni: Brundan? He has a daughter?

Kat: No! Barry!

Gunni: Oh. Him…

TzIZilG.png

Gunni: No, it’s just that he can be… Very excentric…

EXCENTRIC INDEED

L4on6Xu.png

Next time: Another chapter with great "enemy variety"! Also, Merlinus actually gets to survive a level...but not in the way you might think...

So, the next chapter coming up is my favorite chapter in the whole of the hack, and while that isn't saying much, you'll see why.

Corrupt Theocracy: Episode 22: Chapter 21: Part 1: Enemy Spam+I'm Running Out of Original Titles

36QQbhn.pngaFl1nRs.png

The custom map this time around is actually kinda interesting, even if it doesn't really make sense.

UF9VOC9.png

Jake: Headquarters, the Group’s conflicts with the Nomad Clan increase as They come to Face to Face with the head of the Wolf Clan, Sonic, Wielder of the most powerful bow in the land, the Emblem Bow.

So, we're seeing the emblem bow today! I'm sure you'll all be "impressed" by the "balance"!

GW076gK.png

We walk onscreen, and I have NO IDEA why Part1!Troy and Bowen are there.

ZPN4wb1.pngCjqS4wS.png5sAVjBh.png

DIS ENEMY VARIETY

MMcvch8.png

Kat: I can’t wait to see my dad again!

Gunni: Hey Kat… Can we hire Yin and Yang instead?

Kat: *text skip*

Sandy: We don’t have time for this! That’s the head base of the Hawk Clan which means that Sonic isn’t that far away!

Gunni: That man is a one man Army with that bow. We should hurry and capture the hut.

He's not even close. And "hurrying and capture the hut" isn't a BAD strategy, but it's not a good one either.

Transition to two dudes talking...

pA44aph.png

Bad guy: Of the Merc Five, who do you believe is the Strongest one of us? I would like to believe it is myself, since I wield the Emblem Bow.

Dak: I would say it is the Sword Demon.

Bad guy: That man is an ancient relic. He doesn’t even live in Merc anymore.

Dak: I still believe that he is the strongest.

Bad guy: …Very well.

Vwi9UKo.png

Bad guy: Then it is time to end the conflict once and for all!

So...the last thing you say your enemy is a casual talk question, and then do some idle banter, before going all "IF THOSE ARE YOUR LAST WORDS"? ...Seriously?

END DIALOGUE

nZHVmEM.png

Here we go. Still no Nils reading, not to mention...

n3SJ6Jb.png

10 deployment spots. AGAIN. Our team is big enough at this point that we REALLY should be getting more. Three forced characters doesn't help either!

You're probably wondering why I said this was my favorite chapter. I'll explain.

sqQUgjE.png

Here's our positioning.

Starting the battle...

mJOo02e.png

Donovan: I just can’t catch a break now can I?

Janet: Ahhh… I know what you mean… Fighting one day… Fighting another… I’m getting tired of dancing all the time.

Donovan: You? Tired of dancing? You’re always going on about how you love dancing.

Janet: That’s because it makes me feel close to my mother…

Awww...maybe Janet does have redeeming features after all...

Donovan: Is she dead?

Janet: Heck no! She’s more alive than I am! She’s just forced to be with Gill all the time.

...Nevermind?

jRxPRIY.png

This line has to be seen to be believed. In fact, sometimes I wonder if I should show more screenshots of Blademaster's writing...

Donovan: different women.

Janet: He totally is! He had like… 12 wives or something like that.

Donovan: 12? Really? How many kids does he have?

Janet! Oh! He has umm… Seven! Me, my brother, Iris, her sister, Gouki, Freeze, and Rody! But Rody ran away awhile ago, so I don’t know where he is.

You know, it takes way longer for me to transcribe the dialogue than for you to read it. This is the point where the conversation starts dragging on...

Donovan: For a guy with twelve wives to only have seven kids seems odd.

Janet: Well, he always kills the ones who don’t listen to him…

Welp.

CPv1Ht5.png

Janet: Iris’s younger sister was born.

Donovan: Huh. Well I know the feeling of growing up without parents.

BECAUSE YOU NEVER CARED TO TRY AND FIND THEM, MISTER PROSTITUTE.

Janet: I just feel bad for my mom since Gill took her away from the one man she truly loved. And they even had a kid together!

Donovan: What happened to him?

Janet: Oh umm… She took him and Urien’s only child to the father and gave them to him to raise. It’s kinda gross that Urien had a kid since he’s all old.

Okay, now it's longer than the start-of-chapter conversation.

Donovan: I imagine it would be the case for both of them since they are both over 400…

Janet: Yeah well, Dragons and Half Dragons age funny. They look really young one year and then pretty mature the next.

Donovan: So anyday now you could end up looking really old?

Janet: Nope! For True Dragons the periods in which we look a certain way can last for 100 years but for Half Dragons it will only really last 10 years. Like… Elliot and Lila. They look young now, but soon they will look much older. Like they’re in there twenties or thirties.

That aging scheme could not POSSIBLY make less sense.

Donovan: Elliot and Lila are half dragons?

Janet: They are, but they are a bit less Dragon than Human so they could age a bit faster.

Donovan: Interesting…

END DIALOGUE

HxPop26.png

What a transition! Tons of backstory to combat! Beautiful!

GCs8zDu.png

The map is some houses, and a cliff with a hut, and up top is a random wall complex. Very odd, but at least there's no rain.

6g7f2WL.png

Spamminess!

Wz0TEHI.png9kKFNfJ.png

The friendly generics are a good bit stronger than the enemies, but they're outnumbered, and the enemies get the first turn to engage and decimate them.

IB1xhXq.pnga4TWwPk.png

Also, there's a female generic variation.

MGmuJMe.png4YGQAk0.png

Dak is the friendly allied commander. In my first run, I didn't know he was recruitable, but it turns out he is. You have to rush to rescue him, as the general condition of the green troops is really decided by whether or not the RNG decides to go their way(lots of ~50 hit chances on both sides).

SH7UoaS.pngyoQCf7y.png

Sonic is...quite strong. And he has a stealable pair of boots! Now I gotta bring Larry along! Also, I'm sure you're wondering about that bow...

nR661L2.png

WOW. 30 Mt! 120 hit! THIRTY CRIT! Yup, you don't wanna engage this guy. The good news is, It's still a bow, you can attack him at 1 range while he's distracted with the friendly generics!

Also, that thirty Mt seemed like OH CRAP strong on my first run, but the effect is really just dulled coming from Chaos Mode.

6Y0iHlt.png

There we go. Bye, Louis! Get a new tome!

85dNrQy.png

So, you might have noticed that Merlinus hasn't appeared on the map! This should show us where he's hiding!

DLFo3cg.png

And then all the units disappear and the game starts screeching bloody murder at me.

So, far as I can tell, Blademaster spawned Merlinus OUTSIDE THE MAP, which the game obviously can't access. I have no idea how me managed it...but the good news is, enemies can't get to him there!

zeoQJzR.png

Also, one of the generics has a random speedwing.

rGblFC9.pngmvSqkUU.png

And the throne guard is again a random generic, and not that strong of one at that. Trust me, this gets even better.

YcC6pWd.pngI1GSIS5.png

Kaze starts the carnage, and it looks like she's ready for promotion!

9vuVVLj.pngUEFwdY9.png

Crook: boss like me? Then sign on the dotted line… B’s and T’s only though heh,heh,heh!

Z7pAv1h.png

So, uh...yeah. This is good because we can promote Larry now.

2RsExzf.png

Man, it's nice to have a convoy to send stuff to..why doesn't Blademaster do this for Merlinus every chapter?

WHerDea.png

There's something I'm forgetting when I do this. See if you can guess what it is before I reveal it.

y5a7BBN.png

Blah, Legault palette.

pz43onu.png

Yup, those gains sure have been buffed all right.

DupbQ38.png

As you can see, Assassins still have bad defense, but Blademaster buffed their strength...ALL THE WAY TO 30. Wow.

RyavYlv.png

First turn setup!

l3Zdpau.pngPfhfcNR.png

Sonic very quickly gets started on the greenies.

1KbZ5fw.png

See that nomad that moved? That's the mook on the throne. She moved. And now the throne is left unguarded.

CBLEwM9.png

LOOK AT DEM NOMADS

RD3KTzh.pngMRheXB6.png

And plenty over here, too!

VlH0j4I.png

Sal gets some levels from all the fighting, naturally.

0EDmiWt.pngP013iky.png

The greenies start pulling weight.

c14bKwb.png

Some even come down to where we are to help us. The enemies wasted their turn all attacking one injured nomad who kept dodging, so I'd say the RNG is in the greenies favor.

nEYrvNO.png

Thanks, buddy.

ExF4Zd9.png

Turn 2. The reason this is my favorite chapter is because of the general insanity that comes with the situation we're in. Tiny map, mounted units everywhere, greenies jamming themselves in every orifice...

XIaKz3v.png

These houses can't be visited...but that would mean...

2o3BTvc.png

Bluh level.

sAIsZZe.png

And poison.

And...

I'm cutting it here.

You know guys, some of you blame Blademaster alone for this hack. But if you look in the credits, you'll see that it isn't entirely his fault! He had to use tutorials from Arch and others to learn how to "hack"! AND he said ShadowofChaos helped him somewhere(he doesn't remember where)!

this certainly seems like an interesting battle. too bad sonic doesnt move at super speed

hmm, is it sad that this hack is for some reason inspiring me in ideas for level creation? yeah thats bad. . .

If this hack is inspiring you, there is clearly something wrong with you.

If this hack is inspiring you, there is clearly something wrong with you.

it is both inspiring me in what not to do and what to expand. after all we all have to find the good in the bad really, otherwise how will we learn and expand ourselves.

though this is coming from someone who's personal fave fire emblem is shadow dragon so maybe there is something wrong with me

*sharpens knife*