132 children killed by the Taliban in Pakistan

Chiki

This should definitly get more attention that the sydney siege indeed, sadly it's hapenning in Taliban so it may not get as much attention as it should get

What a tragedy =/

I guess there's nothing to be done about it, since in the general consensus Australia is seen as a much more stable (and to an extent, less 'foreign') country than Pakistan. Therefore people tend to be more shocked about the Sydney events, even if they were smaller in scale.

But I agree with the sentiment, an absolutely disgusting incident.

From Reuters:

Wounded children taken to nearby hospitals told Reuters most victims died when gunmen, suicide vests strapped to their bodies, entered the compound and opened fire indiscriminately on boys, girls and their teachers.

And the Taliban even released a statement prior to the incident, claiming that the gunmen were instructed to "direct their attacks towards military personnel and not harm any civilians". Hah.

Edited by Topazd255

Congratulations, Taliban. You managed to kill and wound more innocent school children than possibly every single major USA school shooting in history combined. Maybe, I don't have exact numbers but it certainly seems that way.

Christ, those countries act so deplorable sometimes. What the fuck did this even accomplish for them? What did killing children do? Spread terror? I can't even

What the fuck did this even accomplish for them? What did killing children do? Spread terror? I can't even

They want to get 72 virgins in Heaven.

It's sad that I'm dead serious.

Edited by Chiki

Both the incidents in Sydney and Pakistan suck.

Supposedly, the attackers got in by detonating a grenade outside of the school, and while everyone else was distracted, they entered. This does NOT sound like an operation to kill military personnel only.

Both the incidents in Sydney and Pakistan suck.

Supposedly, the attackers got in by detonating a grenade outside of the school, and while everyone else was distracted, they entered. This does NOT sound like an operation to kill military personnel only.

" 'A lot of the children are under the benches,' " a Pakistani Taliban said, according to Ahmed. " 'Kill them.' "

Edited by Chiki

I'm still waiting for the day the world will start taking Muslim radicals as a whole seriously and retalliating accordingly. Unless we are perfectly okay with such tragedies happening from time to time, that is, which I am not. How many sacrifices do we need until we decide to stand up against the threat?

Also that Muslim on the video looks like a ninja. Shame on his seventh grandfather.

EDIT: Don't even try applying to me the same censorship applied to Chiki on the Sydney topic.

Edited by Rapier

I didn't manage to hear for a while that it was also a military school. Still "horrifying, unreasonable berserk brutality," but that makes it seem just a tiny bit less "also completely devoid of any discernible sense of logic."

One of the things that make the bits of the topics' discussions touching on Islam seem to me a bit... unnecessary... is that I'd hazard a guess the overwhelming gross majority of the victims of both this attack and of violence in the general region are themselves Muslim, killed by Muslims. (not that I haven't seen more headlines than I can count about how bad Christians and people of other minority religions there have it, of course)

And not to forgive it, but I have to imagine a good lot of the people able to rationalize and do this (coming together for a group effort to do so, particularly) are probably pretty deep in fuck mountain themselves

One reason that the Sydney incident is receiving mor publicity than this atrocity could be down to the fact that it is more unlikely for something like the siege to occur in australia than a mass shooting in pakistan. I am not saying that this incident shouldnt be recognised more, only that there have been cases similar to this that have taken place in pakistan within the last ten years, much unlike the siege in sydney

• 2 weeks later...

I told you, Pakistan government. You are playing a very dangerous game. See what happen when you fail to control your hound? When will you realize that Taliban is not a tamed hound, they are savage beast. This massacre while very unsettling, is an obvious result of your policy. You played with fire and your children got burned.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/world/asia/pakistan-peshawar-school-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This should get a lot more attention than the Sydney Siege.

I don't really care to hold an opinion on events, bad things are bad and beyond that there's not really much to be said, but other than the following comment having been made already:

One reason that the Sydney incident is receiving mor publicity than this atrocity could be down to the fact that it is more unlikely for something like the siege to occur in australia than a mass shooting in pakistan. I am not saying that this incident shouldnt be recognised more, only that there have been cases similar to this that have taken place in pakistan within the last ten years, much unlike the siege in sydney

I'd also like to add that no, this should not get more attention and focus than the Sydney Siege. All tragic, atrocious and terrible acts should be reported and focused on equally. Every life is equal and it's a shame that anyone loses their life in a tragic manner, saying one is more deserving of attention just seems cold, in my opinion.