Your Best/Favorite Game of 2014

Soledai

Since the end of the year is nigh, I've(Someone you may or may not know) decided to look back and think... 'what games did I enjoy the hell out of this year?"
Which led me to wonder about everyone else, and gave birth to this topic... doesn't matter if the game is new or old(generally as long as it was new to you) Feel free to add what you're looking foward to in 2015, and honorable mentions too

For me it was, Pandora's Tower(relevant link for my thoughts on it), second would be the visual novel, G-Senjou no Maou, this visual novel is a battle of wits aside from the being the son of a yakuza boss, third is between Kirby Return to Dreamland and Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires. My honorable mentions in another post.

Smash Bros. Wii U is the best, no question! It's Smash and it's super fun and it looks pretty. ^^ Plus Sakurai gave me what I wanted most for Smash Wii U/3DS: RD Ike! :wub: (with blue flames and buffs on top of that too. :D)

Hyrule Warriors and Captain Toad tie for number 2. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Not a new game by any means, but I've almost finished Genealogy of the Holy War so far, and I don't think I've been this hooked to a video game in my life. I'm set to play Thracia 776 when I'm done (I hear the difficulty is insanely hard). To think that a Japanese game from the 90s could entertain me so much is amazing. As for new games out this year, I'd say Smash 3DS, Azure Striker Gunvolt and Bravely Default were highlights for me. I'm sure if I had a Wii U, Smash would be on my list as well.

As for next year, I'm definitely looking forward to Majora's Mask and Zelda Wii U. It would be nice to see a new Fire Emblem game announcement as well I suppose.

Edited by DragonLord

For me

1. Smash (Wii U) What is there to say about this game that hasn't been said? Graphics rock, content upon content, character roster is awesome and online is an absoulute blast.

2. Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) This game needs some love really it is phenomenal ranks right up there (if not exceeds) God of War in action games a must get for Wii U owners.

3. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (GCN) Finally got a copy this year and man I freakin love this game definetly one of my top FE's.

1. Dragon Age Inquisition

2. Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

3 is a tie between Samurai Warriors 4 and Hyrule Warriors

Edited by Bankai

Bayonetta 1 and 2, no contest. Its story is fascinating, the gameplay is really great, specially with the addition of Umbran Climax on Bayo 2; the humor within the game is pleasing and the touch of exaggeration and joke is likeable apart from Bayonetta being classy and stylish. I mean, I completely love and enjoy both games.

Behind Bayonetta I'll like to add ORAS and MK8, I really enjoyed them specially with MK8's tournaments! Would add too the traditional Smash Bros for both versions.

Smash Wii U/3DS, Sen no Kiseki 2 and Tales of Xillia 2. I couldn't wait for them to be released this year and when they eventually were, I wasn't disappointed~

You understand Japanese/Chinese/Korean well enough to play Kiseki? o_o

Jelly.

Anyway, for me:

1. Sora no Kiseki SC

2. Sora no Kiseki The 3rd

3.Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS.

Honorable mentions: Pokemon ORAS

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Fate/stay night or swan song(I think I read swan song in 2014)

Honourable mention:Pokemon AS

Yeah, we both read Swan Song this year.

I read it in August, you read in either September or October iirc

You understand Japanese/Chinese/Korean well enough to play Kiseki? o_o

Jelly.

Anyway, for me:

1. Sora no Kiseki SC

2. Sora no Kiseki The 3rd

3.Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS.

Honorable mentions: Pokemon ORAS

I don't even understand japanese at all XD I just know what to do..

I don't even understand japanese at all XD I just know what to do..

Wut.

Why would you play a game that's 90% story 10% gameplay if you don't understand the story. .-.

I had a hard time playing in Korean, since I only knew enough to roughly get the story (still an amazing story).

But...

._.