• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dat optimization

dat commentary

dat efficiency

dat oliver

Unfortunate that few will understand exactly how impressive the run was (knowledge barrier is quite high in FE, even moreso speedruns >_>) but seriously it was well done, especially for informed players.

2:47:21.74 completed time.

Damn

Also oliver voiceovers were the best.

This run was fantastic. Aside from a few slight slips and a deployment derp regarding Makalov in the army split, things were virtually perfect.

Edited by Sara.

Sick run, time was really good for a marathon attempt with distractions and other stuff going on. Commentary was really top notch as well.

Was that a World Record time, or no? I thought I saw someone say previous easy mode record was 2:52?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45166#entry3518591

its 2:42:28

Edited by Irysa

Actually, Radiant Dawn has been ahead in the bid war throughout, sometimes as much as double the Path Of Radiance bids. You can keep track of the bid war here. At the moment Radiant Dawn has raised 1,193.33$ compared to $792.61 for Path of Radiance.

Keep in mind that Gwimpage himself vastly prefers Radiant Dawn and in fact only offered the bid war with Path of Radiance to increase the odds of a Fire Emblem game getting into AGDQ at all. The same goes for me and Kirbymastah, which basically covers every speedrunner of the Tellius games. I've offered a brief summary of why I prefer Radiant Dawn, the main reason being the lack of map animations makes the pace of RD literally twice as fast.

Of course, you're free to judge for yourself what you'd like to see at the event, so here's a link to the best recorded single-segment runs of each game. I'd recommend you watch at least a small sample of each run before making a decision.

Radiant Dawn in 2:42:28

@Jyosua

It's close to the WR

That run was absolutely legendary, and I was especially pleased with the sensational commentary. Thank you so much Gwimpage for running this game at AGDQ and pulling off such a perfected performance.