If IS were to remake Thracia..

Jedi

What do you think we could expect to see? Would Thracias mechanics be altered to be more friendly? Would we lose the awesome capture, fatigue and dismount mechanics?

Would Awakenings success alter it?

Discuss.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm.

Well, there'd have to be more pairing options, right? More supports? That's what Thracia introduced, if I'm correct, so they'd certainly do that again.

Once you've got a truck-load of them like Awakening, you can't go back.

Edited by ~Silver

Mmm.

Well, there'd have to be more pairing options, right? More supports? That's what Thracia introduced, if I'm correct, so they'd certainly do that again.

Once you've got a truck-load of them like Awakening, you can't go back.

Geneaology was the one that introduced pairings/children.

Thracia just has fixed supports.

more conveyance to know what to do at some points.

I mean, stuff like leaving people behind in escape chapters not being available to the player is rather weird.

I'm not sure if Awakening support system would work as well in FE5. In fact, the metagame would be very different from the original Thracia 776.

They won't remake Thracia.

It came out in 1999 for the SNES, like what even is this game

This is pure conjecture, its not a likely scenario but what's the harm in having some hypotheses on what could be?

If they manage to catch the balance of Thracia, and keep the fatigue system, build based steal mechanic, and and whatnot, then it'll be nice.

I can totally see a lot of new players getting frustrated with fatigue tho, and PCC/stars on enemies.

they should also keep xavier's recruitment

The likelihood of such a remake happening was not the topic here.

I'd suspect (on top of the things already deducted above) that the growth for Build could be omitted - if there was a Build stat to begin with, seeing as it hasn't been a thing for three of the latest games. If capturing was still a thing, it'd be necessary, though

The overall direction IS has been taking with their later games doesn't really fit in with the style of Thracia at all.

if they remade Thracia (which I really doubt will happen) i'm pretty sure fatigue would be gone (or there'd be no fatigue in casual mode or something)

I'd be fine with them taking it out in casual or easy mode or something, but being removed altogether would make me :*(

They'd probably get rid of the escape requirement, which I'd be okay with. Also, I'd like them to tone down some stuff, like the warp square transporting you to an unescapable place in 24x. Or at least have some indication of where they are, like they do with the fire/toxic hazards in later games.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I would legitimately expect to see an avatar who was the true hero of Leonster all along original plot be damned.

They already have someone like that, his name is Finn.

They won't remake Thracia.

It came out in 1999 for the SNES, like what even is this game

Then, we ended up getting a first and second fire emblem game remakes. It might happen. Though it is true it probably would not happen.

Interestingly enough the fatigue mechanic of FE5 was not all that bad since they often gave you more than enough fatigue restores if you really needed a unit to perform well. The only change I really want to see with FE5 is the ability to better control the units you get to place at the preparation menu.

I'm hoping against hope for a combined FE4 and FE5 remake, but that'll never happen.

Owing to awakening's success, any remakes now would likely see the shoehorning in implementation of an avatar character. It was a feature that most of the Awakening audience loved, and was a major draw to the series of some people. And I really wouldn't want this avatar doing to Leif what Kris did to Marth in FE12.

They already have someone like that, his name is Finn.

You think IS would give a damn? Lol, they may even write Finn out of the story just to make more room for Avatar.

You think IS would give a damn? Lol, they may even write Finn out of the story just to make more room for Avatar.

They wouldn't stoop that low. Never has the MU or avatar gotten rid of a character.

Finn is also way too important to Jugdral to omit.

They wouldn't stoop that low. Never has the MU or avatar gotten rid of a character.

Finn is also way too important to Jugdral to omit.

The second part was more of a joke. But I wouldn't be surprise if they pulled a "Hero of shadow" stunt like in FE12.

The second part was more of a joke. But I wouldn't be surprise if they pulled a "Hero of shadow" stunt like in FE12.

Ah my bad, lol. I could see the avatar being like a fellow knight personally.

If Nintendo added an avatar into thracia they may change the story a bit too fit them in and I doubt many people want that happening.

Didn't stop them with New Mystery...

Besides, not many people (speaking about the general audience here) really care or even know much about Thracia and its storyline, seeing as it was released relatively quietly in Japan only on an outdated system.

why are people so sure that the avatar was the only (or even main) reason awakening was a success

awakening was a success for a bunch of factors, the biggest of which was actual promotion of the game; if any gameplay reason actually convinced people to play fire emblem when they wouldn't before, I'd bet on casual mode waaaay before the avatar or marriage

if the next game has no avatar I'm sure it has potential to sell well, which includes any (avatarless) remake of previous games

Edited by Axie