A crazy theory I have...

MoonlitSonata

So this is literally some crazy stuff, but I'm seriously wondering.

First and foremost, the blue haired girl in the trailer looks very similar to Ninian from FE: 7. While it might not be Ninian, there's another possibility: Aenir, her mother. After all, Aenir was an Ice Dragon, and around 1:37 of the official trailer

http://youtu.be/Pz2LJ-4DDWU

it appears to be some sort of dragon with her, which might be her facing a split personality of sorts? Not to mention, a Fire Emblem set in the Scouring would be absolutely amazing.

EDIT: I suck at youtube embedding :(

Edited by Huntress

I actually thought something pretty similar myself. At 1:25 the world seems to be messed up which could have been caused by the scouring. I'm kind of hoping the girl is Artemis though. But that's only because I want a game set in Anri's time so bad...

That would imply that this region has ties to FE7, which I see no reason for. I do think it's kind of neat, but... ehhhhhh. Logically, I'm not seeing the connection to Elibe.

That would imply that this region has ties to FE7, which I see no reason for. I do think it's kind of neat, but... ehhhhhh. Logically, I'm not seeing the connection to Elibe.

Thus why I'm calling myself crazy :) But it also might be the world beyond the Dragon's Gate? (Assuming Awakening never officially said if it was an Outrealm Gate or not, or maybe the Outrealms have a plot-important function as opposed to DLC?)

Hmm, maybe. And considering the connection that Awakening had with Archanea, it wouldn't be too far fetched... But that doesn't really explain the feudal Japan dynamic.

I thought we were going to get an Assassin type lord when I saw the blue haired girl.

Looks like the Awakening style gameplay is back. Maybe they'll bring Rescue back?

Appearance wise, I couldn't really tell but are we getting better feet this time around? Assuming they're bringing back the critical/skill activation cut in's, I hope they add a check so that if a unit will activate a cut in twice in a battle, they don't use the one that was just used.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Hmm, maybe. And considering the connection that Awakening had with Archanea, it wouldn't be too far fetched... But that doesn't really explain the feudal Japan dynamic.

Yeah. The only way I can even remotely imagine the justifications of feudal Japan dynamic is that over time things became westernized in the Fire Emblem world much like our own. Either that or FE!Japan is on a separate continent from Elibe.

Here are all the possible outcomes.

1) A seperate continent in the same world as Elibe.

2) A seperate continent in the same world as Magvel.

3) A seperate continent in the same world as Tellius.

4) Current day Jugdral, taking place during, around, or close to Awakenings time.

5) An entirely new continent taking place in an entirely new world.

I really hope that they link this games world with another through a continent or descendent of a past character.

Something I would really like to see is have a lord or other important character from a previous title become playable or make an appearance in this one. Similar to Gaiden with the pegasus sisters.

Edited by Rabbattack

I have a feeling that out of the list above, it's 5

but it could be almost anything if the stretch is far enough

I have a feeling we won't see anything so deep as to reference a character like Aenir who even most people who have played the series probably don't know

only a few people could appreciate it and others might feel left out/isolated from the story or w/e without understanding the connections

That's true too. But I never really thought of any similarity to Ninian. Perhaps the artist was trying to combine features of both her and Lucina? If so, he did a nice job. I like her so far!

I noticed similarity to Ninian, too. While there didn't seem to be anything suggesting Elibe in the trailer... well, maybe I'm just getting my hopes up. And I did think Micaiah was Ilyana the first time I saw her, so my judgment isn't the best here.

But I'd love to see a game with some connection to that world, however small.

I also agree... she looked an awful lot like Nini. Another Elibe game would be pretty awesome, and the Scouring is my favorite backstory in the series, so...

I thought the girl looked more like Lucina, only with lighter blue and longer hair. xP

...I don't see it

While it might not be Ninian, there's another possibility: Aenir, her mother.

Omfg me too. I thought of this as well before seeing this thread.

But given the oriental Japan setting, I'm starting to think otherwise. (Unless it happens to be Elibe in the distant past)

Edited by Kiseki

Its an interesting idea, but I think its a bit of a stretch... There isn't really a lot of decisive evidence in the trailer linking this game to Blazing Sword. Also, unless I'm missing something, the only real similarity between Ninian and the Dancer lady is that they are both dancers with long blue hair. I thought she looked more Micaiah-like, myself...

Also, unless I'm missing something, the only real similarity between Ninian and the Dancer lady is that they are both dancers with long blue hair. I thought she looked more Micaiah-like, myself...

The pattern on her headband is the same one on Ninian's neck thing.

But I'm 99% sure they won't be related. Red eyes seem to be the Elibe Manaketes' thing, and the only person with red eyes in the trailer is the prince (who, incidentally, looks a lot like the Manakete in the underwater scene- same coloration, clothes and the hair is obscured- makes sense if he's customizable). Incidentally, if that were true it would be a link to Elibe, but I'm also pretty sure that as they've got a new story guy he's going to at least want to give his own continuity a spin.