FE8 Draft

Blaze The Great

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty's team is the best because he picked Syrene.

but really uhhhhhh

Blaze's team is pretty good, he got Nessie, and second pick Joshua is kind of redeemed by getting Gerik realllly late. Ewan isn't actually that bad in drafts either since getting 13 free levels is honestly pretty ridiculous, and he'll be promoted in time to contribute very well in the desert. Natasha's kind of a bad warper though, but such is the life of being first pick. You might actually be able to get Ewan to warp if you try hard enough!

Marty's team looked really good after the first three picks, but then all his other picks were pretty worthless. Amelia's OK I guess, but Eirika route Duessel is honestly IMO a candidate for worst pick in the entire drafting pool (like honestly what does he do at all?). If it was a block pick so you couldn't get him on Eph route, it's not worth it really since making your team worse at the expense of someone else (and Duessel is only really good on the Phantom Ship anyway) is always a bad idea.

MJ's team would have been really strong if he had gotten a better warper. I just noticed Saleh somehow lasted till the second to last round, whaaaaaat? Getting Garcia in the third round is pretty good honestly, he's a powerhouse all game if you don't have Franz/Vanessa.

You were kinda screwed since you had fourth pick, so your team is kinda weak movement wise aside from Cormag, but you got Gilliam to hold over until he showed up, so not having Duessel didn't really hurt. Someone like Dozla would have been nice for Selena's chapter though, he actually owns there since he's pretty mobile there, and while having Ephraim!Saleh might look like it sucks, but it probably saved at least a turn in the desert since you wouldn't have to send Cormag up north to save Eirika. I think you should have taken Artur over Lute though, he's better.

Overall, i think Kyle/Forde/Duessel/Marisa/Syrene/Joshua got taken too early, and Gerik/Saleh/Ross/Ewan/Dozla got taken too late.

I guess you didn't have a flier, so it kind of makes sense. Dozla's movement in the desert is pretty good, he probably could have dumped Franz down south or something and Artur could have solo'd Caellach's area or something.

Picking Duessel fourth ound isn't as bad as my first FE7 draft though. GOTTA TAKE ELIWOOD AND LYN SO I CAN LAST PICK GEITZ.

Edited by General Horace

Fun Fact: I picked Saleh originally for the purpose of preventing everyone else from having a better Warp user. It was only after I picked him that I thought about how his desert contributions and use of Rescue would save turns.

Probably the most infuriating thing I found out in this run is that max strength Wyvern Knight Cormag can't 2HKO Riev or Morva with Vidofnir. Riev lives with 1 HP and Morva lives with 2HP. Having 1 extra might on Vidofnir would have made killing Morva far less RNG reliant, although I'm not one to talk about rigging the RNG for bosskills, seeing as I rigged 2 back-to-back Rapier crits with Eirika in order to kill Tirado in one round. Yeah...

Edited by Carmine Sword

You can warp a non-flier over to kill Morva?

The sad thing is, Ephraim was also 1HP short of killing Riev without a crit :(:. Yeah, rigging a crit would have been easy enough, but since Ross could just 2HKO Riev without any rigging, I just did the lazy thing and let him kill Riev.

Yeah, but you'd need three staffers to 1 turn, so I guess my point was invalid. I think I was just thinking of the standard 2 turn that most people have to settle for in drafts.

Edited by General Horace

i'm sure there have been cases where the 4th pick has finished and automatically won because nobody else finished.

But aside from that, there are a couple cases early on in FE8 drafting (when Tethys was a draftable unit) where the last pick won a couple times.

But times have certainly changed since then, here's the teams from one of them, haha.

Vanessa, Tana, Syrene, Lute, Moulder, Rennac, Knoll

Gerik, Kyle, Joshua, Ross, Duessel, L'Arachel, Amelia

Artur, Cormag, Gilliam, Colm, Neimi, Natasha, Ewan

Garcia, Saleh, Forde, Tethys, Dozla, Innes, Marisa

Edited by General Horace

• 1 month later...

Pro – 3/3

I just can’t get the two turn run

Chapter 1 – 5/8

I feel like I’m struggling

Chapter 2 – 7/15

Manage to recruit Garcia and have him get a small amount of exp

Chapter 3 – 7/22

Garcia, Moulder, Erika, and Neimi fought as a group

Chapter 4 – 9/31

Garcia was dominating the map

Chapter 5 – 7/38

Garcia headed towards the boss

Chapter 5x

Just Ephraim and Kyle

Chapter 6 – 5/43

Both the torch staff for this mission so Garcia can target the boss

Chapter 7 – 11/54

Erika went alone across the river and everyone else goes around the other path trying to catch up

Chapter 8 – 13/67

Nothing to say here

Does it matter what path I take in the draft

Two things:

1. Historically, it's your choice on route, unless it's specified before the draft starts.

2. Marty, I'm willing to take over, if you want. Your team looks viable.

• 4 weeks later...

Chapter 9 – 13/80

Going for Erika’s route, Kyle promotes and took on all the enemies at the southern part of the map

Chapter 10 – 8/88

Moved Erika near the seize point and everybody defended

Chapter 11 – 11/99

Wasn’t easy for Kyle with a him killing off the enemies on the left side especially with the reinforcements

Chapter 12 – 11/110

Tana carried Kyle up further and they take care of the enemies up north while the other struggle their way through

Chapter 13 – 4/114

Wasn’t that simple to get to the enemy boss much quicker

Chapter 14 – 10/124

Everyone except for Garcia headed to the seize point and Kyle was leading the pact

Chapter 15 – 11/135

I have Tana carry Kyle towards Valter and she gets to the village so she can get the master seal. Garcia headed to Caellach so he can weaken him and have everyone else to finish him

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 16 – 9/144

I had to hold the line when I was close to the throne and then my first priority was the long range sages. Afterwards I go after the healers so they won’t heal Orson.

Chapter 17 – 3/147

I warp Tana carrying Kyle close enough to Lyon

Chapter 18 – 8/155

Tana and Kyle attack north until Garcia and Ephraim joined in while everyone else took on the southern part

Chapter 19 – 3/158

I send everyone to where Riev is and they clear a path so Kyle can reach him

Chapter 20 – 5/163

Use Tana to move Kyle to the seize point and then Erika after

Final Chapter – 4+2/169

I warped Kyle with Ephraim near Lyon and Myrrh flies towards them. Then Erika warps there and together attack Lyon. At the demon king boss, Ephraim attacks first then Kyle and Erika. The second turn Ephraim attacks and Eirka finishes.

Results

Moulder – B: 20 W: 9

Garcia – B: 228 W: 135

Neimi – B: 95 W: 43

Kyle – B: 304 W: 196

Tana – B: 89 W: 55

Innes – B: 50 W: 36

Rennac – B: 12 W: 7

Myrrh – B: 24 W: 14

Ephraim – B: 72 W: 48

Erika – B: 156 W: 72