Final Fantasy Tactics

Radiant head

Has anyone played this? I've heard this game is really similar to Fire Emblem, so figure this might be a good place to ask if any FE fans have played it.

I just found out there's an iOS port for it, so I'm really tempted to get this on my iPad. It's not very expensive for a major game, but it's kind of pricey for an app, so I'm just wondering if anyone has played this and found it worth the $7-8. Like if there's enough satisfying content, etc.

FFT is one of my favorite games of all time and easily worth $8. The gameplay and story are both excellent and decently lengthy as well.

As for similarities to FE, it is a turn based, grid based strategy game with perma-death. However, instead of each team acting in phases, speed determines when each unit moves. Also, you have three turns to revive fallen units before they die forever.

*Sees FFT for $7-8*

*Asks if it's worth it.*

I literally cannot facepalm myself hard enough. Any console game for that price is worth it, especially a classic like FFT.

But whatever you do, don't play the laggier PSP port and run a Holy spamming Black Mage army. (Holy has the longest animation of any spell.) That will make you quit out of sheer boredom. Also, if you can lower your units' faith to 3, increase their brave to 97, and equip them with the ability Blade Grasp, they'll be invulnerable to all physical and magical attacks. Yeah, not the most balanced SRPG out there... Everything else is great though, especially the music.

By the way, who told you FFT is like Fire Emblem? Now I want to facepalm them.

Edited by Zera

Hey, guess what, not everyone knows the same stuff as you guys. ;/

For the topic at hand. . .yes, it's worth it. The story's pretty popular (I'm the minority that didn't like it), and the gameplay is. . .interesting. I suggest NOT optimizing during your first run. Get to know the mechanics first!

Remember to save before entering any castles/monasteries/villas.

To elaborate a bit, these locations can have a few battles fought without the ability to egress to the world map so uou can level and shop. This means that if you save after the first battle and then find yourself unable to complete subsequent battles, you are looking at a potentially permanent halt on your game. Keep a save slot outside these areas and save in another slot when engaged in consecutive battle areas.

Hey, guess what, not everyone knows the same stuff as you guys. ;/

Yeah that, and I was wondering more about whether the iOS port itself is good than the game itself. Should have been more clear.

Remember to save before entering any castles/monasteries/villas.

To elaborate a bit, these locations can have a few battles fought without the ability to egress to the world map so uou can level and shop. This means that if you save after the first battle and then find yourself unable to complete subsequent battles, you are looking at a potentially permanent halt on your game. Keep a save slot outside these areas and save in another slot when engaged in consecutive battle areas.

Thanks a lot!
Edited by Radiant head

Yeah that, and I was wondering more about whether the iOS port itself is good than the game itself. Should have been more clear.

The IOS port appears to be the exact same game, just with a different control interface.

BTW, if you have a Nintendo DS I would also recommend Advance Wars: Dual Strike.