How to use FEditor?

Anacybele

No, I mean, first I need Java to run this thing, then I also have to have a ROM and this other thing to extract the files... It's really starting to rattle my brain.

Ah, I see. Well, one step at a time. Extracting comes first

That might be your problem. You didn't just download the jar executable by itself did you? Where did you get Feditor from?

She's yet to extract it.

i think you're just overwhelming yourself. after you download Feditor here

find the zipped file in your downloads folder

move it to your desktop

right click, it should say something like "Extract here" or something similar to it. Extract it to the desktop

once the folder is dl'd and on your desktop, open it, click 'dist' folder

click Feditor Adv, Its an executable .jar file.

Right, made sure it was a zip file. Extracted it, opened it, yadda yadda, now I just need to figure out how to actually use this...

This is where I become useless and will have to take my leave, but I will point you to Blazer's tutorial here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22051

This is where I become useless and will have to take my leave, but I will point you to Blazer's tutorial here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22051

Ah, thank you muchly. :)

Yeah you need 7 zip, looks like.

EDIT - Completely missed the fact that this was 2 pages and yeah.

lol, what a silly Dragoncat we have here. :P

ROM - you're on your own. Have fun finding it.

A bit late with this, eclipse. lol

Don't worry, I've made similar mistakes before. XD

So, I'm thinking I need an emulator here too... I can't actually open the ROM to do anything with without it. Am I right?

It just stinks that I can't actually make my story/comics into a hack. I can't even do one BASED off of it for the sole reason that many of my character mugs would either have too many colors or not fit into the hack box. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, and I opened the ROM I got. But it doesn't appear that I can see previews or anything of the edits I make. All I want to do is edit conversations so I can rip the bubbles for comics. And also rip certain BG stuff for battle scenes in said comics.

I would just make my own dialogue bubbles, but I was already using FE styled ones via FEPlanet's sprite tools, and changing my bubbles now would just be awkward.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I apologize for coming back here again, but I've opened the FE7 rom in the emulator and it won't go past the new game button. I was able to hit enter to get there from the start screen, but hitting enter again isn't doing anything. And I believe I have to start a file if I'm to view any battles or dialogue...

Okay, I apologize for coming back here again, but I've opened the FE7 rom in the emulator and it won't go past the new game button. I was able to hit enter to get there from the start screen, but hitting enter again isn't doing anything. And I believe I have to start a file if I'm to view any battles or dialogue...

If you're using VBA, the default keys are:

A button ~ z key

B ~ x key

L ~ a key

R ~ s key

Start ~ Enter

Select ~ Backspace.

Oh, and the arrow keys let you move around.

If you wanna skip LNM because of the tutorials, I'll attach a 100% .sav

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dx3cpidlmh6ylyo/FE6_7_100%_Battery_Saves_(.sav)_and_Gameshark_Snapshot_files.zip

Here you go.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

Yeah, I should've checked... Though I didn't have any clue where.

And thanks, Glaceon. :)

Tbh I wound up figuring out through trial and error. Yippee first time playing FE6 and I was completely clueless on the controls. I still dunno how to check on VBA, but I can on no$gba because I change it to better resemble VBA defaults.

It's not a problem.

Yeah, I should've checked... Though I didn't have any clue where.

For future reference you can check the key bindings by going to Options > Joypad > Configure > 1

The 4 numbers allow you to have 4 different configurations (If, say you wanted to use a gamepad on one configuration and the keyboard on another). You can switch between configurations by changing the default which is also in the joypad menu.