Thomas and Friends

solrocknroll

Recently, with the special King of the Railway, the head writer shifted from Sharon Miller to Andrew Brenner and animation went to Arc Productions. Since then, tons of old engines, such as Duck, Bill, Ben, and Oliver, have returned and the episodes got more intelligent.

Your thoughts on this? I think it's a great change and I'm looking forward to both The Adventure Begins for the 70th anniversary of the Railway Series and Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure.

OP, do you have children? Because i find this series to be really difficult to follow if you arent:

A child.

Have children.

Have very young siblings/nieces/nephews.

Just saiyan. Maybe you are a kid?

>I was only 9 years old.

>I loved Thomas so much. I had all the merchandise and shows.

>I pray to Thomas every night before bed, thanking him for the life I'd been given.

>"Thomas is love," I'd say, "Thomas is life."

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Wow flamethrower and cyanide to right in the childhood...lol

Back when I was a small kid Thomas was my shit man. I had a ton of the wooden trains and tracks and would build them all over the house.

I still have some of the Thomas sets stored away in the closet in my room. Good times man, good times.

I still have some of the Thomas sets stored away in the closet in my room. Good times man, good times.

Hell yeah man! I remember my parents would switch them around on the track and when I came back to them I would put them back like I had them they thought I was a little OCD at the time. But hell it was fun.

I see that and raise you another classic from my childhood

I've seen that, and while it's kind of funny, the music and the lyrics don't seem to match nearly as well as "In Da Club." It's like a marriage that's based purely upon sex compared to two completely different people having a perfect marriage built upon harmony.

Nos. 1-11 getting more attention? More intelligence? Gee, maybe they'll make some Thomas that could stand up to the original episodes in quality. My 10 y/o little bro has been phasing in and out of it, and I stopped being a superfan once they started using Cgi. I certainly have to look into the new stuff, though, once the writer switch happens.

I used to watch Thomas as a kid whenever I saw it was on. I kinda stopped watching it after... maybe 6/7 years old, though. I used to watch a lot of things before the Mega Drive and PS1 took over everything I did.

I would even watch Blockbusters as a kid. That gameshow was pretty neat.

oh my fucking god.

when my sibling was little, we had a shitton of plastic tracks, wooden tracks, and all sorts of thomas the tank engine trains.

I had to keep replacing the batteries because the little fella kept running 9-10 of them at once in the living room, on a massive track.