• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• Sidereal Wraith

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Banned because I wish I wasn’t scared of practicing my instrument when others can hear, it’s just collecting dust and it made me so incredibly elated

Ey, gang! What do you play? I guaruntee it's better than what i play.

Banned because I can relate, I wish I were more realistic sometimes.

Ninja'd!!!!

Edited by Benice

Banned because realizing that you can't achieve something no matter how hard you may try is among the worst things you can feel.
Sadly, I had that happen to me on a constant basis throughout my life, to the point where I now don't even want to achieve anything anymore.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Banned because Math is like the only subject i got 100% at XD

Banned because same. F

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ey, gang! What do you play? I guaruntee it's better than what i play.

Banned because I don’t “play”, ever since I moved I haven’t touched it and I honestly can’t remember why I stopped in the first place. But it’s been too long for me to not be scared even though I really really want to play music because it makes unexplainably happy, like the recorder in third grade, the guitar (which I took an elective of), or the one bit of piano I knew (piano is like the dream instrument. Unfortunately, they do be pricey). Double banned because if you’re still curious, the instrument collecting dust is the saxophone.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because realizing that you can't achieve something no matter how hard you may try is among the worst things you can feel.
Sadly, I had that happen to me on a constant basis throughout my life, to the point where I now don't even want to achieve anything anymore.

Banned for being relatable. ‘Tis then reason why I have no real hobbies and will die unremarkable. F.

Banned because thank you!

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Banned for being relatable. ‘Tis then reason why I have no real hobbies and will die unremarkable. F.

Playing video games is a hobby!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Banned because that's kinda how i felt after my illness. My young self would be so dissapointed in me...

My younger self, who wanted to be a marine biologist (until I realized I had no talent for natural sciences), then an actor (until I realized my acting talent is barely enough to pass theater class), would probably share the same dynamic with me.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Banned becaue that's sad. Hope you get something that inspires you soon.

Banned because thank you!
But now that writing's out, too, I think I've lost the last shred of ambition I had.

Edited by DragonFlames
GROUP NINJA'D!!!!!

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

then an actor (until I realized my acting talent is barely enough to pass theater class)

Banned because this is the boat young me, who iS me (turning 14 soon 😂), is in. I haven’t done anything acting related in 2/3 years, although most of that is because I have literally zero singing talent and basically every opportunity for folks my age is singing and acting, and as much as I love singing, that’s not gonna happen... F

Banned because I'm waiting for your appearance on some German late-afternoon news show about the newest hits from overseas. ^^

Banned also because while I have no goals to speak of, it's not like I hate my life or anything. I'm just trying to enjoy what I have.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

But it’s been too long for me to not be scared even though I really really want to play music because it makes unexplainably happy

My advice, as someone else who hates playing in front of other people-

Just heckin' play anyways- with love and dedication behind your hobbies, they will go somewhere-I'm in my region's Youth Symphony Orchestra because I chose to pursue my goals even though I didn't always want to. If ya love it, don't let fear stop you from loving.

14 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Double banned because if you’re still curious, the instrument collecting dust is the saxophone.

The sax sounds fine, though! I play the oboe. Which sounds like a strangled duck.

Banned because good, I guess.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

My advice, as someone else who hates playing in front of other people-

Just heckin' play anyways- with love and dedication behind your hobbies, they will go somewhere-I'm in my region's Youth Symphony Orchestra because I chose to pursue my goals even though I didn't always want to. If ya love it, don't let fear stop you from loving.

Banned for being inspirational... sometime this week, we’ll see.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

The sax sounds fine, though! I play the oboe. Which sounds like a strangled duck.

Banned because in the right hands, the sax can be a weapon of audio torture.

Also banned because one of the best warm ups is a long tone, which is exactly what it sounds like, and I feel like 5 of those would be annoying for anyone just going about their day.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Banned because in the right hands, the sax can be a weapon of audio torture.

Eh, I know. Nowhere as bad as what an oboe can do.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Also banned because one of the best warm ups is a long tone, which is exactly what it sounds like, and I feel like 5 of those would be annoying for anyone just going about their day.

If you are looking for an alternative,scales and arpeggios work as well-try scales in new key signatures too-It really helps expand your range. Also, most people won't care if you practice.

Banned because go get 'em, young man!

2 hours ago, Benice said:

If you are looking for an alternative,scales and arpeggios work as well-try scales in new key signatures too-It really helps expand your range. Also, most people won't care if you practice.

I would be at the level of like, just starting. I don’t even know what an arpeggio is. It’s been 2 months, and I was just beginning 💀

Banned because what is Nameless Stones?

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I don’t even know what an arpeggio is.

It's bascially a scale in the wrong order. Don't worry about it.

Banned because oof, my units are all OP so far.