• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sidereal Wraith

• Sooks

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Banned because 3H is Fates' gameplay ideas improved, but with good writing and characters.

I'd disagree, especially on the gameplay part.

Three Houses is frankly quite a mess in terms of gameplay mechanics-The Adjutant system is basically nonexistant, (and I think it is RNG based? Maybe??) Crests's effects and proc rates aren't usually stated properly, (Might raise the mt when using combat arts, for example-I still don't know how much it raises it by or how Crests activate,) As far as I can tell, there also is no way to see what skills/combat arts, etc. that people get from raising proficiency levels for things or mastery of classes, how the "Increases damage based on X stat" is calculated, and so on and so forth. TH just doesn't explain its mechanics very well. 

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

Banned because if slightly improved means 1000000000x better than sure. Actually watch the supports

TH's cast certainly is better-But less than what people said it was. There are still plenty of One-note characters in TH. Fewer than in Fates, but certainly more than people give credit to it for. (Linhardt, Leonie, Raphael, Ignatz, Hilda, Bernadetta, Hubert, Hanneman, Manuela, Lorenz, Ferdinand, Caspar, Alois, for example. This is not to say I dislike all of these characters, but they simply lack the depth that TH's cast is frequently praised for.)

Also-Characters shouldn't need about 20,000 supports to develop themselves. Supports do matter, but relying on someone reading every single support when there's about twenty or so per character to find their depth is kind of a tall order.

The worldbuilding is also kind of...Well, nonexistant? Again, improved over Fates, but basically exclusively by having a map that isn't an obscure foggy png. 

Three Houses improved over Fates' methods of storytelling by having better presentation of said ideas, (Voice acting, at least making an effort to have create an immersive world,) but it has many of the same problems I have with Fates-Everything that happens is more of an "And then" rather than "Because" or "Therefore." The events just kinda don't match up with what I'm doing? Like, the Flame Emperor reveal was super out-of-the-blue in terms of how it was pulled off, as was 

Spoiler

Jeralt's death scene

The Paralogues also haven't added anything to the plot, YET. They just kind of come and go, but nothing ever happens in them? (Like,  we learn literally nothing in Ashe's paralogue.) It does kind of have FE7 syndrome in terms of forgetting about parts of the plot happened.

Banned for making a good point.

Banned for having hot takes. Get back in your box! /s

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

TH's cast certainly is better-But less than what people said it was. There are still plenty of One-note characters in TH.

Hm, a few.

Fewer than in Fates, but certainly more than people give credit to it for. (Linhardt, Leonie, Raphael, Ignatz, Hilda, Bernadetta, Hubert, Hanneman, Manuela, Lorenz, Ferdinand, Caspar, Alois, for example. This is not to say I dislike all of these characters, but they simply lack the depth that TH's cast is frequently praised for.)

Hmm... huh. Raphael, Bernadetta, and Manuela I’ll give you but that’s it.

Also-Characters shouldn't need about 20,000 supports to develop themselves.

They don’t, the game just gives you a lot of them. You can understand most of the character by only reading a couple (mostly). You just have variety in how you can get that information (usually) and with who you can use on your teams.

Supports do matter, but relying on someone reading every single support when there's about twenty or so per character to find their depth is kind of a tall order.

gba FE ye ye

But that’s simply not true. With some of the characters you mentioned before, here are very few supports to find depth:

Hanneman x Edelgard

Linhardt x Dorothea

Caspar x Edelgard (I think- been a while)

Ferdinand x Hubert (Also been a while)

Lorenz x Leonie or Catherine?

Bernadetta x Byleth

The worldbuilding is also kind of...Well, nonexistant? Again, improved over Fates, but basically exclusively by having a map that isn't an obscure foggy png.

I... really am not sure what to say to that. I feel like world building happened every chapter and in quite a few of the supports as well. Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Three Houses improved over Fates' methods of storytelling by having better presentation of said ideas, (Voice acting, at least making an effort to have create an immersive world,) but it has many of the same problems I have with Fates-Everything that happens is more of an "And then" rather than "Because" or "Therefore." The events just kinda don't match up with what I'm doing? Like, the Flame Emperor reveal was super out-of-the-blue in terms of how it was pulled off, as was 

Spoiler

Jeralt’s death

I agree with you on the first part, but I don’t mind it as A.) when you’re being assigned tasks by your organization they don’t all have to be connected but way more importantly B.) setup for part two and the flame emperor ;;

But as far as the second part I’m kind of confused. You want to see your plot twists coming? It’s not like they don’t make sense, Jeralt’s makes sense like right after and almost anyone opposing the church makes sense really considering how they’re presented, plus the flame emperor has a relevant backstory.

The Paralogues also haven't added anything to the plot, YET. They just kind of come and go, but nothing ever happens in them? (Like, we learn literally nothing in Ashe's paralogue.) It does kind of have FE7 syndrome in terms of forgetting about parts of the plot happened.

Why would paralogues add anything to the plot? They’re side missions that can be done over very long stretches of the game.

To be fair Ashe’s paralogue sets up a support in where you learn stuff sooo

Edited by Sooks1016

Banned because it looks like Benice will have to invite me to tea... but does he know my favorite kind!?!? What types of gifts do I like!?!?!? And Berwick isn’t a subject I respond well to, oh no!!!

Banned because you just need to pass the test for the class, and if you have lower Defense than the class' base, your Defense will automatically increase to match it.
For example, say your character has 10 Defense, and the Fortress Knights' base is, say, 15 before class bonuses, your Defense will increase by 5 once your character passes the qualification test.
At least I think this is how it works.

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because you just need to pass the test for the class, and if you have lower Defense than the class' base, your Defense will automatically increase to match it.
For example, say your character has 10 Defense, and the Fortress Knights' base is, say, 15 before class bonuses, your Defense will increase by 5 once your character passes the qualification test.
At least I think this is how it works.

Banned because you’re right, but if you change classes don’t you lose that bonus?

Edited by Sooks1016