Ban the User Above You

Splodge

Banned because I actually explained my reasoning, but you’re more importantly banned for implying that I am the scum of the Earth, as is everyone who has Clarine die. /s

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because most weapons will have AT LEAST 15 uses before they have a chance to break. That is quite a lot for Berwick.

Banned because it's unfair regardless.

It's antithetical to the concept behind strategy games in general, as the focus is on preparing for battle, when your weapon can unexpectedly break. I had that happen to me more than once, leading to unit death in one case.

Banned because having a weapon have a 1% chance to break is more fair than using ambush spawns to increase difficulty.

Banned because it's not surprise-You know for a fact that the weapon has a chance to break and can plan accordingly. You have the choice to risk the chance of breaking. It is not a surprise.

I am not saying that it is a good mechanic, I am saying that it isn't completely unfair. You know that the weapon can break. The game never hides this from you. The risk is there and you know it. Non RNG based durability is better, but claiming the Berwick saga is bad exclusively because of RNG durability is completely unfair to the game.

Edited by Benice

Banned because having weapon durability be left up to chance at all is inherently unfair, in my opinion.

I also never said Berwick is bad because of it. I said that RNG durability is a poorly-designed, unfair mechanic. Which it is.

From what I've played of BS, I can say it's a fine game with issues.

Banned because it wou,d be unfair if you never knew when your weapon would break. You have choice about this. You also get a hammerne in ch.2, which can prevent weapons from ever reaching Green for a long time,. It is more fair to have a chance for weapon to break than to never know how skills activate. It is a bad mechanic, but you as the player have the choice to risk breaking a weapon.

Hiding information from the player is unfair. Giving players a choice where they know and understand the risk is not. It can be a poor decision, but it is not unfair.

Edited by Benice

Banned because even risking the possibility of a weapon breaking is still a surprise. You know it will break. But you don't know when. It could break at the wrong time, when your unit has used up a turn and the boss can attack you on the next. Depending on where your unit's health is, it can cause death for them.

But if you see it differently, that's fine.

To me though, the fact that I can't know exactly when my weapon will break is jank. Plain and simple.

Banned because fe6’s endings are BS. Only for the units you deploy in the final chapter do you see exactly what they got up to, whereas the others just get a short little sentence, meaning that the game sort of gives you a reward for loving that character and using them at the end. Which is fine if they want to do it that way. But you know what endings they kept?

The ones where they disappear for no one reason. In the long ending. Freaaaaaaaaking heck

Banned because that sucks.

Endings that just say "They disappeared" are... bad, frankly.
It's like "Yeah, this character you were following? Painstakingly trying to make them survive? That character you got attached to? Yeah, they just up and disappeared, because f*** you!"

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because that sucks.

Endings that just say "They disappeared" are... bad, frankly.
It's like "Yeah, this character you were following? Painstakingly trying to make them survive? That character you got attached to? Yeah, they just up and disappeared, because f*** you!"

HARD AGREE. The only time it’s okay is in Flayn’s solo ending or her ending with Seteth because THERE’S ACTUALLY A REASON FOR IT and you actually hear about what she’s/they’re up to after the disappearance. I especially dislike it when they talk about historians not knowing what happened like, what??? Why should I give a heck about what historians do or don’t know. The endings shouldn’t have this historical connotation, I just want to know what happened.

It feels like an extra heck you in this game though, because you can get those endings as more expanded versions sort of like rewards for deploying them in the final chapter. F for Rutger. I seriously feel like the writers got lazy.

Banned because RD sank all the good ships and kept the bad ones.

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

The only time it’s okay is in Flayn’s solo ending or her ending with Seteth because THERE’S ACTUALLY A REASON FOR IT and you actually hear about what she’s/they’re up to after the disappearance.

Agreed.

I especially dislike it when they talk about historians not knowing what happened like, what??? Why should I give a heck about what historians do or don’t know. The endings shouldn’t have this historical connotation, I just want to know what happened.

Agreed again.

It feels like an extra heck you in this game though, because you can get those endings as more expanded versions sort of like rewards for deploying them in the final chapter. F for Rutger. I seriously feel like the writers got lazy.

F for Rutger. And anyone else.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Banned because RD sank all the good ships and kept the bad ones.

Agreed.

Agreed again.

F for Rutger. And anyone else.

Banned because and Astore. F for Astore.

I mean for all I know, Elphin, Bartre, and Dayan disappeared as well but route split means I won’t know unless I replay.

Edited by Sooks1016