Fire Emblem: Magvel 803 - Alternate Story Act Three

Shin

Smiling at Risa, Thea gave a slight shrug. "I mean... It will be nice to be doing something, but I would have enjoyed a bit more time here. Spend some more time in the library or with friends relaxing. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself tonight. What are you up to? Besides shopping that is."

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That guy again maybe

The pawn shop owner had become a whole new man, sitting upright at his counter, which had received a good cleaning. Actually smiling for once, he waved to Fred. "Evening, my good man. Take a look around." he beamed. "Business is booming, I've never seen my store this lively."

It was true, the store was remarkably busy, far more so than the previous days, some of the shelves had small crowds around them.

Slim Sword (22/30) - 220g
Longsword (16/18) - 660G
Steel Lance (23/35) - 180G
Jousting Lance (19/20) - 330G
Devil Axe (10/20) - 290G
Warhammer (24/30) - 700G
Gatling Bow (44/45) - 850G
Steel Bow (17/35) - 100G
Heal (23/30) - 230G
Strange Idol - 200G
Edited by Shin

As Fred didn't have that much gold left, actually, he figured that something small would suit his want for material things. And there just so happened to be a neat litlte idol sitting on the counter. "I'll have that. Don't suppose you got some explanation fer what it does?" He picked up the idol and gave it a once over.

It's strange, bro

"They're a collector's item of sorts, tourists like to buy them... they make a nice mantelpiece." he replied, looking over at Fred. "A bunch of soliders have been buying them, apparently they swear they're magical... but I think they just look nice."

"Well, I said that I would go visit an orphanage at some point today, so... I guess I should get on that." she sighed. "Apparently Father Abstinence was asked to set up an orphanage here in the capital, and one of the girls wants to see a pegasus." she explained. "You can come if you'd like, but I kind of want to keep the visit short." Hopefully, it would be the last she saw of Abstinence for a while. Or forever.

Edited by SB.

Edgar left, feeling somewhat unsatisfied. I don't seem to have improved much at all. What a waste of time, he thought as he went off towards the bar. If he couldn't get adequately prepared for the next day through conventional means, there were always other methods. Sitting down at the bar, he ordered his drink. He usually wasn't a fan of getting wasted, but tonight was a rare exception. Their next mission was the worst, after all. Looking to the side, he saw that that one mercenary woman who had recently joined them was also drinking as well. She hadn't noticed Edgar yet though, so he made no effort to acknowledge her presence. He wasn't feeling very talkative, anyways.

Edited by Refa

Thea winced slightly at the mention of the priest. "Well... I think it would be cruel to let you go alone. I'll come and stick with you, try and make you feel a bit more comfortable.Alright?"

Realizing the sun was finally setting not long after she left the arena, Alex sighed. There wasn't much time left until they were to march tomorrow! Maybe it was finally time to stock up, the pawn shop did have some good deals the first day...

Finding the shop, Alex entered and immediately fixated her eyes on a most curious statue. "Huh, who's this supposed ta be, mister?"

Get funkay

Alex's inquiry led to the storeowner repeating himself. "It's a strange idol, the tourists like them, but the soldiers have an eye for them too." he answered, turning back to Fred. "Two hundred a piece."

The Bar

Whilst Edgar and Mercedes sat awkwardly, an unexpected guest arrived. Unfortunately for Mercedes, it wasn't Lampert at all... it was Feran. Storming up to her, his face contorted with rage, the mercenary growled. "Where's Kassem? You know him, I saw you together yesterday. I have business with him, and he's left me sorely disappointed."

"Two hundred? Sounds like you got yerself a deal, mister!" Fred nodded, too the little idol, and placed the two hundred gold down on the counter. It took him a moment to notice that Alex had entered, though, as he spent that moment stuffing the idol into his armor. "Oh! Howdy, Alex!" he finally managed after jumping at the realization. "What's goin' on with yerself?"

Fred uses the idol?

"Well, if you want to suffer with me, I'm not going to stop you." Risa laughed. "I guess we should get going now then? It's getting kind of late." It was probably going to be better if they could just get the visit over with. Maybe they'd even have time to something afterwards? But she wasn't sure about that.

"Well, I'd rather you didn't suffer alone. And yeah, I guess we should head out. Don't want to get over there too late. Especially since they're children, they might want to sleep sooner rather than later." She smiled at the other woman, hoping that maybe they wouldn't get back too late after this.

Head with Risa to the orphanage

"Uh... huh." The shopkeeper didn't answer Alex's answer at all, which was kind of annoying. It was probably some business trick to get her to buy the thing. "Alright. I'll take one." She gave up, sighing. She briefly considered the other items on sale, but they all seemed awfully specific. Maybe the sword... nah.

At least bothering to come all the way there hadn't been all that pointless, as a familiar face turned out to be there too! "Oh, heya, Fred!" Alex waved at the man. "Eh, I've jus' been looking fer some more weapons, since we're gonna be leavin' tomorrow already. Figured there'd be something ta catch my eye here, but guess I just came at the wrong time." She looked. "Jus' seem ta be those weird statues and some specific stuff."

Edited by Xinnidy

"Wow, me too! 'Course, I ain't got a lotta gold, so I went'n grabbed one o' them there fancy statues too..." He sighed, wondering if he'd ever have enough money to live the life of a royal, in luxury, every day. It was a lofty dream, to be sure, but just living like that for one day would probably have been amazing. "Well, I s'pose there's always another day fer weapons. Oh, uh, I also s'pose you wouldn't want this?" He pulled the training sword out and offered it to her. "I dun went'n used it almost all up, but I, once again, s'pose you could go'n get yerself some use from it, er somethin'."

Uh. Who was this guy again? "Who are you again? And besides, I ain't seen Kassem since last night, and even then, I was drunk as shit last night!" Taking another drink, Mercedes let out a sigh. "Look, just go 'round town again, he's probably doin'... uh, somethin'. I dunno. Lemme drink."

Damn, I laid down the law. I'm the best!

Risa's best friend

Unfortunately, the journey to the orphanage was rather straight forward, the humble building clearly labelled. As soon as the duo approached the door, it gently swung open, with the face of Father Abstinence greeting them.

"Ah, Risa, Thea, it's so good to see you both. The children are all very excited to see you again, perhaps later they could see your pegasus?" he greeted, taking Risa's hand and shaking it. "Please, do come in."

The laughter of children could be heard from inside the building, possibly to the girls' surprise. Compared to how dreary the cult children had seemed before they left, they almost sounded happy.

More friends for life

Feran gritted his teeth, apparently being told no wasn't his forte. He swept a couple of glasses off the counter with his arm, letting them crash on the floor. "Maybe I don't feel like it?" he retorted, staring Mercedes right in the eyes for a few seconds. Standing himself up again, Feran turned to the door. "If you see your little friend before I do, tell him I'm coming for him. Make sure he has some last words for his mother."

What a dick!

As Feran left the bar, Mercedes casually flipped him off and went back to drinking. To be quite honest, she'd have rather seen Lampert coming through the door than that weirdo. At least Lampert would've bought her drinks. Maybe.

Risa felt uncomfortable after the priest's handshake, and shot Thea a look that said roughly 'I regret everything'. What was perhaps even more awkward was meeting the children again. "Um... hi." she said. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to say, really. Hi, I'm one of the people who killed your family wasn't exactly suitable...

"Eh? Well, a sword's a sword, so I guess I can. Thank ya!" Alex gladly took the training weapon, "What're ya gonna do now? Seems like we don't have a lotta time until we need ta leave tomorrow. I was thinking of buyin' new weapons but... well, ya heard me. Now I'm pretty much out of ideas." She shrugged.

"Well. I don't have much of 'n idear of what we could do. I ain't got no gold left, so I don't think I could be doin' much on the town. Iffin y'think of anythin', you say it, 'cause I'm drawin' nothin' but blanks." It was a bit disappointing that, on their last evening in town, Fred couldn't really think of much else to do! But such was life, he supposed.

"Eh, I see. I went to ta bar yesterday night with Mercedes, but I dunno if I shoulda go again. Don' wanna wake up tomorrow with a hangover an' feel like sleepin' on my mule when we're meant to be marchin'." Alex reasoned, "Did get some money from bettin', but dunno if they're holdin' it today too. An' the arena's done for the night, I think I heard someone sayin'--" Commence the yawn. "This town's got a lot of shops but not much entertainment. Guess I shoulda give the library a look again." She mumbled, "Well, what did ya do these days anyways, Fred? I think I jus' saw you goin' to the arena a few times, thought you'd have some money out of that?"

"Can't ye tell?" Fred asked, almost insulted. "I got m'armor all worked up! It's all fancy 'n regal now. Ain't nothin' better been worn by this 'ere fightin' farmer since he was born!" Fred guffawed, and slapped the front plate of his new armor, enjoying the satisfying clang noise. "Other'n that, I dun went an' did that there arena, but that wasn't too hard. Darn rogue I fought tried t'go 'n swindle me after, though. Was doin' this whole cheatin' gig with an axe stuck in a stump. I dun shoveled it outta that stump an' got everyone their gold back, though, so it ain't a problem no more." He smiled a cheesy smile, and nodded. "Name was Honesty, er somethin'. Ain't a better joke I've heard in a while!"

Grinning slightly at Risa's look of desperation, Thea patted her gently on the shoulder and stepped in, smiling at the kids. "Hello there! We heard that one of you was interested in meeting a pegasus?"

"Hah!" Alex chuckled back. "I was wonderin' if ya were promoted or somethin', kinda like Edgar. You were one of ta few who survived clashin' with Seth, right? So ya jus' went out and bought that all fer yerself? Well, can't say it's a bad invesment, I'll give ya that." Fancy it was, indeed. Alex couldn't help feel a tiny bit jealous. Maybe I shoulda get my armor all fixed an' fancy too, it's gettin' a bit beat up...

"A cheater named Honest? That's awful ironic. An' a weird name ta be giving yer children on top o' that. Kinda like that Abstinence guy, but he was a priest, so it made sense, I guess?" Alex briefly pondered what kind of parents a guy like Abstinence would have had.